Donald's Defiant Dashers 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ducks-

May I join?

My name is Carolynn - I have a wish journal where I have been sharing my journey. I live around Toronto, Ontario.

I have a few races coming up:

July 28 Stomp the Mega Quarry 10k
Aug 25 Mud Hero 5k
Sept 8 Haliburton Forest 12k trail run (tentative)
Sept 22 Oasis Zoo 10k
Sept 22 Zombie Run 5k (for fun, with my kid - tentative)
Sept 29 Tower of Terror 10miler
Oct 14 Scotiabank Half Marathon
Jan 12/13 Goofy

I only started running last year and apparently I am a bit addicted to races LOL :rotfl2: I'm trying to fit them in to my training - might as well get the bling!

In the past I have run four 5ks, 8k and a 10k. I am a slowish runner (finished the 10k at about 1:14:00). Hoping to work on some speed and endurance, but I will never be a fast runner. I do it for the exercise and enjoyment of the sport. Will never be on any podium!

Good Morning Ducks
Hope everyone had a great week! How's everyone's training going? I'm finally back in a routine. I'm not sure if I'm ready for my race next weekend. We'll see, I'm going on a 5 mile trail run tomorrow so that should help me gauge it a little. Hope you all have a good weekend!!!

Carolynn: Welcome to the Ducks

Hi again Ducks! I've been away from our Dis team for quite some time & thought it was time to come back & get motivated! Hope everyone is doing well & running happy!

Maddykins06 said:
Tim: I think your turtle passed me yesterday. :rotfl2:

Joe: So glad Steph's trip has turned for the better! Yep, I started training for January. Galloway's 3:1's, but really following Higdon's plan. Don't like running for "30 minutes, 2x's week" I'd rather focus on distance.

Liz: You are a BAD influence. :thumbsup2 Now we're headed to Kidani Aug. 13-17 (and yes, headed for Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon). How are you feeling?

Easter: Glad your ratios are going well!

Who here does strength training & core work? I think I need to up my programs.

Try DDP Yoga! It's a DVD series that trains on using dynamic resistance. Holy cow--great core workout!
Shano.n

Maddykins06 said:
How's everyone doing?
I leave for Wisconsin tomorrow so next week's runs may be skewed a bit.

Today's run was 6 miles & apparently I am VERY slow.
DH's friend pulled up beside me:
"Do you want a ride home?"
"No! That's the point of running"
"Oh...I didn't know you were running." :laughing:

Bahahahahaha!

Shannon and I are going to the marathon sans kids. Anyone want to do a Duck Meal? We will be there 1/11 and 1/15. I will be celebrating my birthday there - without my family. Bad Mommy!

Good morning Ducks!

It's a beautiful morning in NW Florida! Hoping everyone is doing well.

Been busy getting into training mode. Spend Saturday mornings with the Galloway marathon training group. So far, so good. Yesterday was a 3-miler in Destin. Can't beat the view. Next Saturday, 7 miles is on the schedule.

7-14-2012-7-52-25-AM0012-L.jpg

Got our first ADR for January. Guess I need to get a hotel reservation so I can get the rest taken care of.

Hope everyone has a great week. Train well!

:thumbsup2

Good morning!

Got in a 9k run this morning despite the heat and humidity around Toronto. Decided to restart working on weights with my upper body so I can say that I am feeling stiff and a little sore all over today (but I kind of like it!)

Would be in for a meet! Still considering the pasta in the park...

And how did you get an ADR without a hotel reservation? As of this morning, it was not available . Must check again!

Shannon and I are going to the marathon sans kids. Anyone want to do a Duck Meal? We will be there 1/11 and 1/15. I will be celebrating my birthday there - without my family. Bad Mommy!

Debbie and I will be there the 10-14, so we are open for a duck meet/meal. We are staying at Old Key West and we might just do 1 day at MK, mostly to see what is open in the Fantasyland expansion. Any suggestions for a time & place for the meet?

Tim: hope the trail run went good:thumbsup2.
Carolynn: Welcome to the group! Nice job on the 9k. I will be doing the ToT, also.
Vic: it looks like a nice place to go for a run, do you run the beach any time?

I did a 10 mile run this morning. It was 76 degrees when I started and 86 when I finished. :crazy2: The run felt good, but I didn't feel like doing anything else the rest of the day. I wonder how I will feel when I get up to a 20 mile run.:scratching

Stephanie is in Naples and spent the day at Pompeii. She is taking a ship to Greece tonight. She is definitely having an adventure.

Have a great week everyone.
Joe

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Happy to report that I met and exceeded my ToT Autism Now fundraising goal! So pleased! Now I can stop harassing those near and dear to me! :rotfl:

Can someone clarify what the WISH racing team is and how it works?

Thanks!

You are so lucky, Big Vic! A Galloway group near you. I wish.....did you find the group via his website?

Nope, it was offered through work. I knew Jeff offered weekend getaways in the area, but didn't know of the marathon/half marathon training program.

And how did you get an ADR without a hotel reservation? As of this morning, it was not available . Must check again!

We arrive on the 10th, so yesterday we were within the 180 day window for the 11th. I went ahead and made resort reservations so I could finish up our ADRs. :thumbsup2

airman said:
Debbie and I will be there the 10-14, so we are open for a duck meet/meal. We are staying at Old Key West and we might just do 1 day at MK, mostly to see what is open in the Fantasyland expansion. Any suggestions for a time & place for the meet?

Tim: hope the trail run went good:thumbsup2.
Carolynn: Welcome to the group! Nice job on the 9k. I will be doing the ToT, also.
Vic: it looks like a nice place to go for a run, do you run the beach any time?

I did a 10 mile run this morning. It was 76 degrees when I started and 86 when I finished. :crazy2: The run felt good, but I didn't feel like doing anything else the rest of the day. I wonder how I will feel when I get up to a 20 mile run.:scratching

Stephanie is in Naples and spent the day at Pompeii. She is taking a ship to Greece tonight. She is definitely having an adventure.

Have a great week everyone.
Joe

How about a hotel or DTD restaurant for those who aren't doing the parks?

We likely are not (my sister and I). Would prefer a non-park restaurant for any meet up. We may do the Pasta in the Park thing...

Hi Ducks! (and hi to the new duckie Carolyn) Hope everyone is staying cool, it is really hot here. My running has slackened off quite a bit, though I have done two races in the last two two weeks. But they were both brutally hot, but the last one was nice with the spectators turning their hoses and sprinklers on, and near the end the fire department had a ladder truck with a hose going. I think the heat took its toll on me as well. I hope the end of September cools down a bit.

Sounds like your daughter is having a cool adventure, Joe!

Stay cool (and hydrated) everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter