• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Defiant Dashers 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz - I'm with you. Every once in a while I think about the reality of doing the marathon and I start to panic. :scared1: But we can do it! Time and training are on our side. :yay:

Ha! I also feel that way, it sure is a long time to be running! But is also the best place to do one, especially one's first, and on the 20th anniversary as well.

Hope everyone is doing good. Sounds like a lot of busy people here. I have a race this Sunday, a run-bike-run type.

Have a good weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to all our Moms!

I had a nice race, just missed the hour mark, did it in 1:00:37. I have to work on the transition part of these, fumbling changing shoes eats valuble seconds! I did get a 2nd in my age group, so am pleased with that.

I am doing a 5k this Saturday, then on Sunday doing a 100 mile ride out of NYC that starts on the George Washington Bridge.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Hey guys, I'd like to be added to the group!

I have my second half marathon next Saturday here in Philadelphia. My first was the WDW Half in January and I finished at a time that I was fairly happy with. I am hoping to shave a few minutes off next weekend.

My wife and I have a very busy 17 month old daughter and are expecting twins in November so I'm hoping signing on and chatting with other people can keep me going and help me find time for my runs.

Looking forward to following you guys and what you're all doing!

Happy Weekend everyone!

Phil: Welcome to the Ducks:donald: It's a good group here.

I was able to make a reservation this morning, so it's a Hawaiian Christmas for the Reynolds family.:cool1: I have to call tomorrow for the 8th night and Sunday for the 9th night. I am really looking forward to seeing Aulani. I have completely burned all of my points for next year, so Marathon weekend might be my only trip to WDW next year and I might not do any parks that weekend.

The trail half I did really messed up my training, my legs feel heavy while running and my pace has slowed down. Hopefully they will loosen up before my next half in June, I am hopping to improve on my 2:06 from last month. Yesterdays reveal of the new full marathon course has got me a little pumped, I'm almost ready to sign up. I am increasing my milage on my Monday & Wednesday afternoon runs. How many days a week does everyone go for a run? I am thinking about adding a 4th day to my training.

Augie: It looks like you are keeping busy on the weekends. Have fun on your 5K, I'm sure there's a beer tent at the end of the race.:thumbsup2

To all of the Tower of Terrorers, where is everyone staying at and when do you get in? Debbie and I are staying at PO French Quarter and getting in thursday morning and leaving Monday afternoon. Is it too early to discuss a meet up? We will definitely have to do a Duck drop the night of the after race party. We plan on taking advantage of the Food & Wine Festival that weekend, it's my favorite time to go.

Have a good week Duck friends O mine.

Joe

Hi Ducks! How's everyone doing? I've been keeping up with running 4 days a week. I'm running 3/3/3/4 so 13 miles a week right now. I'll continue that for the next three weeks as well. Then after that my kids will be out of school for summer vacation which will make running more tricky but I'll figure it out.

Did y'all see the video of the marathon course? Seeing it has me even more excited!!!!

I had a nice race, just missed the hour mark, did it in 1:00:37. I have to work on the transition part of these, fumbling changing shoes eats valuble seconds! I did get a 2nd in my age group, so am pleased with that.

I am doing a 5k this Saturday, then on Sunday doing a 100 mile ride out of NYC that starts on the George Washington Bridge.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Way to go on your race and getting 2nd in your group Augie! How'd the 5K and bike ride go?

Hey guys, I'd like to be added to the group!

I have my second half marathon next Saturday here in Philadelphia. My first was the WDW Half in January and I finished at a time that I was fairly happy with. I am hoping to shave a few minutes off next weekend.

My wife and I have a very busy 17 month old daughter and are expecting twins in November so I'm hoping signing on and chatting with other people can keep me going and help me find time for my runs.

Looking forward to following you guys and what you're all doing!

Hi Phil! Welcome to the Ducks! :) Your screen name makes me want a cheese steak. lol Was your half this past weekend or is it this coming one?
A 17 month old and twins on the way, wow! That's exciting (and exhausting ;)) stuff, congrats!!

I was able to make a reservation this morning, so it's a Hawaiian Christmas for the Reynolds family.:cool1: I have to call tomorrow for the 8th night and Sunday for the 9th night. I am really looking forward to seeing Aulani. I have completely burned all of my points for next year, so Marathon weekend might be my only trip to WDW next year and I might not do any parks that weekend.

The trail half I did really messed up my training, my legs feel heavy while running and my pace has slowed down. Hopefully they will loosen up before my next half in June, I am hopping to improve on my 2:06 from last month. Yesterdays reveal of the new full marathon course has got me a little pumped, I'm almost ready to sign up. I am increasing my milage on my Monday & Wednesday afternoon runs. How many days a week does everyone go for a run? I am thinking about adding a 4th day to my training.

ALOOOOOOHA!! :beach: I am just GREEN with envy over your Christmas in Hawaii trip. I was curious how many points it would cost us and for this year it was about 520. We could swing it if we used a year plus part of another year's points. It's the airfare that's the killer for us! Anyhoo, I can't wait to live vicariously through you guys!

I'm sorry that trail race knocked you off kilter. I'm sure in time it'll fade.

As I said I've been running 4 days a week. I was doing 3 but decided 4 was better. And I really like it. If I can keep 4 up for most of the year, throughout my training for Goofy, I will be thrilled.

Thank you, Liz! Cheesesteaks are stereotypically my favorite food on the planet! I'm running in the Odyssey Half Marathon this Saturday so I'm getting pretty excited for it. I was hoping to run in the WDW full marathon in 2013 but since our twins are due a couple months before I guess that will have to wait until 2014!

Hey Ducks!!! It's been awhile since I've posted. Its been crazy, I've been sidelined with a broke foot. Courtesy of crossfit. So I took a little time off and realized that I miss not only running but reading about everybody elses running. Anyway I'm going to try and catch up reading and try to post more.

So how many Ducks are running the Tower race?

Hope you all are doing well,

Tim

Hi, Everyone! Got back a couple hours ago from the ODDyssey Half Marathon here in Philadelphia. Wanted to take a nap but my wild toddler and pregnant wife might have something to say about that!

The race was great and I really pushed myself and finished in 2:07:40. That time completely kills my WDW Half time of 2:38:33! I didn't know what to expect back in January since it was my first half so I was really cautious in the first half of the race, but this time I knew what kind of pace I could maintain.

By the way, I saw a W.I.S.H.er out there today in a yellow W.I.S.H. shirt! Didn't stop to chat but I thought that was cool!

Hi Ducks!

Phil: nice job on your half this weekend. :thumbsup2

Tim: sorry about the foot, cross fit is no joke, hopefully you are healing up nicely.

Augie: How was the 100 mile bike right? I have decided against growing a beard to increase my speed.:bite lip: I can't pull of the distinguished fast running science guy like you. I just pull off, creepy stalker dude.

Carissa: I sponsored an event last weekend hosted by former University of Michigan football players to benefit the children's hospital on campus. They had an auction and one of the things they sold was a trip to Boston to attend a Patriots game and afterwords meet Tom Brady. I was going to bid on it for you, but I left $15,000 in my other suit, (I only have 1 suit). It was a pretty cool event and Matthew Stafford was there, Steph and Justin were excited. Justin was like a tween girl at a Justin Beeber concert.:joker:

Liz: I like the turtle picture while on your run. Our Aulani trip is using 222 points, we are staying 9 nights with an island garden view. I want to do a character breakfast on Christmas day.

I went for a fun on Monday and it was awful, my right lower calf was bothering me. It felt tight and hurt while running. I could only do 4 miles and I didn't run again the rest of the week. Debbie and I went out today and it felt a lot better. I think my leg finally stretched out. I am going to run one more day before next Sundays half.
I am almost ready to sign up for the 2013 full marathon. Liz did I read somewhere that you are staying at OKW and walking to the start? I am thinking about using points for there, SSR or BLT (if available), just to see the fireworks at night.

Have a good Memorial Day weekend everyone.

Joe

Hi Ducks! Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day. We had good weather for some Tall Ships viewing. I have not had a chance to stop by here in a while

Phil, good time in the Half.

Hope you sign up for the Full, Joe. Walking to start sounds like a good idea,t. after last year. I will have to look at the roads from BW. When I volunteered for the Half last year I walked to WWoS to check in, it took me about 45 minutes. About the time I spent waiting for the W&D transport last year. If I was doing that again I would consider walking to the start. Though Disney would probably frown on that, some of the roads have no sidewalk so there is a possible safety hazard.

I have another busy weekend coming up, a 5K on Saturday and a 90 mile ride on Sunday. Last weeks ride was good, much more climbing than we see here on flat LI. A good warmup for the Harpoon ride in three weeks.

Have a good week!

Good morning Ducks!

Phil - :welcome:

Augie - Are you heading to Englishtown this weekend?

Joe - Christmas in Hawaii. Cool.

Tim - Sorry to hear about the foot. Take'er easy.

Everyone - Take care and keep up the training.

Not much to report from NW Florida. Work, work, and more work. :)

:cool2:

Ok. I did it. I signed up for the 2013 Mickey. Guess it's real now. :scared1:

My tattoo from the 15th anniversary. It's getting lonely. :)

Hi to the Ducks:donald:
I ran my 4th half marathon for 2012 this morning. It went good, but I was exhausted afterwords. I finished in 2:14:54. I need to step up my long runs on the weekend, I haven't run anything longer than 7 miles since the trail half and I was feeling it at the 9 mile mark. The course was nice we started in the village of Dexter and ran along the Huron River to downtown Ann Arbor. After the race we stayed in town for the Taste of Ann Arbor. I got an after race cupcake and tried other good food, it was a nice way to finish a run. A little like the Food and Wine half, just not as cool as being at Epcot.
Right now I am having an issue with the back of my right knee, it is sore and feels tight after sitting down for a while. I'm not sure what I need to do with it, I guess I'll roll and ice it.

Nice tattoo Vic :thumbsup2, cool on signing up for the full.

Augie: How was the 90 mile ride?

Have a good week, everyone.

Joe

Good morning, Ducks! Did a 10 miler on Saturday (run/walk) and a 5K on Sunday. Am registered for the Inaugural Canton Marathon in Ohio in a couple of weeks. Not prepared . . . don't like doing long runs unless it is a race. LOL!

Going to Disney a couple of days after that race - June 21-28. Obama will be at CR, so I need to stay away from MK the first few days. As if it isn't crowded enough at WDW in the summer. I will be at the Model Schools Conference after he leaves, so I am extending my stay with the kiddos and a friend. (DH does NOT like WDW, so I keep him home so he won't spoil my fun.) Can't wait to get back and see the mouse. Staying at Yacht Club - got a GREAT convention rate. Excited to have the kids be able to use the pool there. Love the location.

Gotta' get to work. Very busy day. Quack on, friends!

Morning Ducks! Sorry it's been so long.

I'm working on getting back on track. I got into a bad habit of switching my run days, which turned into skipping days. :sad2: Now we are in surgery central. (Nothing major, but necessary.) I had a small procedure, which has sidelined me for two weeks. Doc keeps telling me to let it heal and I'm begrudgingly obeying. I'm hoping he'll give me the go ahead on Friday, but I'm not holding my breath. Then DH is having a surgery on July 6, right as we begin our ToT program. So he'll be out for at least two weeks. :headache:

I have vowed to stick to my regular program (3/cross/3/cross/4) and at least walk on the days I should be running until I'm cleared. And think healthy thoughts!

We are staying at the BW for the ToT and arriving Sat morning. We'd totally be up for a duck drop at the after party. (What's a duck drop??? Do I need special equiptment? :rotfl:)

I am really starting to get excited for the WDW Marathon. Signing up this week. Really glad our first marathon is on an anniversary year. Love the new course. We are planning on walking through the parks, so it actually works better for us because it breaks up the course more evenly.

Tim - Sorry about the foot. Happy healing!

Phil - Welcome to the party!

Big Vic - Love the tatto. Hmmm...maybe a sticker on the back of my car is not going to be enough.

Joe - Take me with you!!! I have been trying to talk the DH into a trip Aulani for weeks, but he thinks the kids should be older. He may have a point. Have a wonderful time.

Hello Ducks! Been away for too long. Did a 5K last week (21:47 but only 6th in group) and then the 90 mile ride the following day, which was a lot of fun. Vic, had a great time at Englishtown, Fridays are the best with evening runs. Saw the quickest and fastest runs in both Top Fuel and Funny Car, which were both the final pair. Joe, good time on your Half! You will be moving up to the A's!!

Have a great rest of the week! Have another 5K this Saturday. I have to start increasing the mileage to get ready for the Full.

OK Ducks, I'm in! Just signed up for the 2013 full marathon:eek:
Is it fine to start freaking out?:scared1::scared1::scared1:
What's everyones training plans? I'm going to look into joining the Ann Arbor track club. They train at the indoor track facility at the University of Michigan. That will be helpful for training in the winter.

Jeni: A duck drop is being hurled down an elevator on ToT.

Laura: good luck on the marathon.

Have a good weekend!

Joe

I feel like I can post again!
Ran another 3 miles yesterday & feeling good (well, minus the sucking wind part). :cool1:
Haven't been able to run in 6 weeks due to a torn soleus.

Joe: SO EXCITED you're signed up for the Full! Is Debbie doing the half? I'm following Galloway's Goofy plan w/strength training & yoga in between.

Vic: Can't wait to see the new tattoo!

Jen: Hoping all goes well w/recovery & your DH's surgery.

Phil: Howdy neighbor! I'm just over the WW bridge in Jersey and work in West Philly. Congratulations on twins! SO FUN!

Liz: GO YOU! Running 4 days a week! You'll be so far ahead of me at Goofy...can you come back & roll me across the finish? :rotfl:

I'M CLEARED!!!! :cheer2: Doc says all is well and I am free to run again. My Sunday run should be really fun...:sad2:

Joe- It is totally fine to be freaking out. I take a moment to panic at least once a week. But then I think about all the eating I'm going to be able to do, and I feel better.

None of the programs I looked at worked for me. Jeff Galloway's was too long, becaues I'm doing the ToT. Hal Higdon had you doing a lot of weekday runs at long distances. So I merged the two into an 18-week program. We are doing two short runs during the week, starting at 3 miles and working up to 5, and a long run on the weekend. The long runs are staggered so you do 8 m, 9m, 7m, 10m 11m, 9m, etc. The shorter long runs give me the illusion of a "break". Top distance before the race is 20 miles. I hope it works. Happy to share if you want to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter