Domestic Travel and Vaccination

Just an update: I'm in WA state, we used the Common Pass app to verify our vaccination, and used travel code HAWAII. Then when we logged into Safe Travels instead of vaccine card exemption, there's one for Common Pass. Common Pass generated a code, which I put into Safe Travels, and now our QR code is green. We're flying out tomorrow and I am SO. EXCITED.
For those whose states don't use Common Pass, you can use Azova to get the same result. Costs $10 per person, but might save you some time at the airport.

Can someone give me a little insight on the safe travels thing? I’ve created our profiles, entered our info, awaiting negative results to upload. QR CODE is generated, but of course shows red and ‘unscreened’ as expected. Our final leg to HNL is from Oakland. So will we do all our safe travels stuff at that airport? Or the airport from our city of residence?

Once you upload your test results and someone reviews them (usually confirms them with the lab), your code will change to green and it will say "Exempt From Quarantine" or something like that underneath. You will either show that code in Oakland as you're boarding the plane or in Honolulu after you get off the plane and before baggage claim. If you show it in Oakland, you'll get a wristband to bypass the line in HNL.

Definitely good news that restrictions are being lifted. It was always a concern having to worry about potential positive test results for the kiddies and the resulting cancellation of flights/rental cars/accommodations.

So just want to confirm, if arriving after March 25, no need for covid testing, proof of vaccination, or QR codes at airport/hotels/restaurants. Correct?

Definitely good news that restrictions are being lifted. It was always a concern having to worry about potential positive test results for the kiddies and the resulting cancellation of flights/rental cars/accommodations.

So just want to confirm, if arriving after March 25, no need for covid testing, proof of vaccination, or QR codes at airport/hotels/restaurants. Correct?
From a government standpoint, that is correct. There will be no more online portals or QR codes. I suppose there could still be local businesses/restaurants that require vax status on their own so I would still bring those vax cards just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter