• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin hotel "Room Revenue" fee??

cdrn1

<font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have
We checked out of the Dolphin yesterday. I was looking at our Folio this morning and noticed that on the first day of a three-night stay I was charged $180 and the line item said Room Revenue. This was in addition to the nightly room charge. Can anyone tell me what this is before I spend time waiting on hold to speak to someone at the hotel? Thanks in advance.

Did you order room service? Does dolphin have a "resort fee" where they charged you for the whole stay up front? Just guessing.

The Dolphin has a daily resort fee of $35 plus tax. If you had a vehicle, there's a daily self parking fee of $29 plus tax.

No room service, no car so no parking fees. The resort fee was $40/day and charged separately every day.

Does the Dolphin put a hold for incidentals and room charges like the Disney resorts? Just wondering if it’s something that might drop off on its own.

I hate resort fees, and it bugs me to have something show up on my folio that I can’t explain. I hope you are able to resolve it soon, and count me in as one of the curious as to what it is.

Did you check in the dedicated Swan/Dolphin resort thread?
May have been others who asked this in that thread

Did you pay with points? There’s a thing with Marriott where sometimes they charge you cash in an error to do with point redemptions. Had it happen at a Fairfield but they caught it on checkout, pointed it out to me, apologized and made sure it was removed.

Did you pay with points? There’s a thing with Marriott where sometimes they charge you cash in an error to do with point redemptions. Had it happen at a Fairfield but they caught it on checkout, pointed it out to me, apologized and made sure it was removed.
One room was points, one was cash. Charge was on both rooms.

Any resolution?
I have been unable to speak to an actual person and have emailed the accounting department as directed by the fake person who answered the phone. Haven't heard back yet. Another Dis'er stated that it wasn't actual charge but it most definitely was.

I hope you get this resolved. It sounds like a load of BS! I am rooting for you.

I have been unable to speak to an actual person and have emailed the accounting department as directed by the fake person who answered the phone. Haven't heard back yet. Another Dis'er stated that it wasn't actual charge but it most definitely was.
You’ve wasted enough time on their shenanigans, at this point I’d dispute the charge with my cc for the erroneous amount. Sometimes that’s all it takes for a retailer to suddenly care about you 🙄

Was it an actual charge added to your bill?

Room revenue usually refers to how much money the hotel made off your room during your stay. There's an equation they use that subtracts the cost of house keeping, utilities, incidentals, etc... from the cost of the room and it comes up with a magic number that tells them how well your room(s) performed for them.

I'm not sure why they would put that information on your bill though

Was it an actual charge added to your bill?

I'm not sure why they would put that information on your bill though
OP clarified a couple times they had to pay the charge.

When it happened to me at another marriott property the front desk clerk said it was what Marriott paid the hotel for my point stay, no idea if it was true. Op only had 1 room on points, their cash room also got charged the fee. It’s literally on the bill like if they bought a meal at the hotel and charged it to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter