Dollar Tree Finds

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
Today at the dollar tree I got

glow in the dark braclets/necklaces like the ones they sell at the parades and illumnations

also a great little squirt gun with a fan attachment fan is really strong like a squeeze breeze but a squirt gun.

they also had mickey keychains

Mal

Kids love these little thingies and it sure keeps them entertianed at the parades/shows!

Our two dollar tree stores closed here...suppose they couldn't keep up the discount superstores!

Herc.

I hope that question was a joke - how much are they - I'm still laughing
dollar tree how much does it cost?? a dollar!!!!!!!

Yes - it was a joke...I can't help myself - I'm getting really giddy because we leave Monday morning and I haven't really started packing yet - I have tons of stuff sitting in the corner of our bedroom "next to" the suitcases, but I still haven't figured out which stuff to pack in the carry-ons...:D

I can't stop finding things at those darn dollar trees - just picked up...

Mickey keychains
mickey & pooh stickers
Tiny light-up wands - they work like flashlights
a small light weight non-stick frying pan (a dvc necessity)
hanging shoe organizer - use them for toiletries
lingerie bags - to organize what we pack and squeeze more into the suitcase
laundry/utility bag

Our local stores didn't have the glow necklaces - only large glow sticks. I'll have to keep going back...

I bought the glow necklaces last year and was amazed at how well they worked -- still glowing the next day. So far our stores don't have them. Are there still four in a package? I've got to keep checking b/c that is a good item to have.

Thanks for all the ideas I've just gotten from the original post. I can't wait to go to our Dollar Tree store tomorrow to see if I can find any of these goodies for our trip. I'm also making "goodie baskets" for my co-worker's 3 children for their 6/2002 trip and I need a few more "goodies".

I ck ours every week for Disney finds to stock up - Tues is new shipment day.
Ours has the girls M&M undies, Snow White figurines, MM keychains and all beach toys :)

I bought a cardboard tube with 25 glow necklaces at a party store for $20. It was great for packing and we had more fun with the necklaces. I brought home the ones we didn't use and have used them for different night time functions in the neighborhood.

Thanks so much for the heads up on the glow bracelets! I combed through every inch of my local dollar tree and at almost the last minute - there they were! Hurray!!! And picked up a couple more ponchos and a night-light! Love this thread!

Another good place to try to pick up some inexpensive glow sticks/necklaces is on ebay!! I just won a bid on 100 (yes one HUNDRED) glow neclaces w connectors for only $12.95 bid (dutch auction) and $6.00 shipped- they have a shelf life of 2 yrs - share them w friends , give them as party favors, have a rave party (lol).. I am very happy w my purchase.... :D

I just got back from the Dollar Tree myself and found all kinds of neat things. I glanced at the glow necklaces and now will have to go back for them!! I got a Game Boy connector that connects two Game Boys, travel sets of clay and knitting in handy containers, a reusable sticker book that is also a "find the difference" book and my favorite, when I asked about Pez candy to refill the Pez containers we got on our last trip the lady directed me to the right spot and the packages of candy were right in with Eeyore, Pooh, Tigger and Piglet Pez dispensers! Needless to say, I stocked up for my own and my sisters kids! I found $20. worth of goodies - but will still have to go back for the necklaces!!:)

they still have Mickey keychains also got great clips for sunglasses.They can hold you sunglasses or glasses and can be clipped onto your visor or your pants etc.

Got the best haircut scissors they are really sharp love these.

and they had tons of swim stuff in also.

Mal

I'll have to go back to my local store and check for some of these things...I don't recall seeing them just a couple of days ago!

...and have bought a TON of things for my DD's 1st birthday party! The theme is "Mickey & Minnie's Tropical Luau", and we have alot of luau stuff, but can't find many MM items! I'll keep checking at the DT to see if they get any new shipments in...

If you have any ideas for our party, please let me know!! Would love to hear them! :D

After reading this thread this afternoon I went surfing the internet and found a location near me. I had a great time looking at all the cool stuff. They seem to be a notch above some of the other dollar type stores.

Got the ponchos, the glow necklaces, sunglasses cords, and everyday stuff I use at home (my favorite soap, aluminum foil, wax paper, plastic cups, Life Saver jelly beans and Wahoo snack chips). They also had a nice selection of greeting cards (2 for $1) which sure beats the $3.50 I paid for the last birthday card I bought.

I will definately do this again. I am curious how different their merchandise is from one visit to the next. Is it constantly changing or basically the same stuff?

it changes rapidly so much so you can miss stuff!

I got a gameboy rainbow link cable there the other day.I was just there the day befor and did not see these.And I bet they are gone now.

disneyfan551 one of the keychains was Mickey riding a surf board they were behind the register on the wall at our local store.

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter