Dole Whips only at Magic Kingdom?

Am I correct in that the MK Dole Whip floats still no longer offer vanilla soft serve as an option instead of the pineapple soft serve? We don't like the pineapple soft serve because it's fake pineapple flavoring, but we love the vanilla with pineapple juice combo we get at the Poly.

Am I correct in that the MK Dole Whip floats still no longer offer vanilla soft serve as an option instead of the pineapple soft serve? We don't like the pineapple soft serve because it's fake pineapple flavoring, but we love the vanilla with pineapple juice combo we get at the Poly.
When we were there in March, we only saw the pineapple being served.

We are thankful for this version as it is gluten free/dairy free.

You can get it with Vanilla at the Poly. We did in January.

Epcot has them during Flower and Garden at the Pineapple Promenade, although it's just called pineapple soft serve.

Agree 110 percent. And pineapple on pineapple is just too much. I can't even begin to fathom why they removed the vanilla.

I do not like the pineapple/pineapple combo-too much. We have taken to getting the juice in a big cup then going over to the stand(the old aloha isle) to get the vanilla soft serve, Cost a little more but its the only way in MK. We are staying at the Poly in about a week-did not know we could get the vanilla/pineapple combo there! Will be getting 1 a day I think!

Agree 110 percent. And pineapple on pineapple is just too much. I can't even begin to fathom why they removed the vanilla.

It happened when they moved away from Aloha Island - so perhaps something with the machinery? We were bummed last time we were there and asked for it swirled with vanilla and was told it was no longer offered there.

We still like it with the pineapple, but not as much as the swirl .... so to make ourselves get over it we had to try it with the rum they offer at Animal Kingdom. Also, as one of the mixed drinks at the Trader Sam's outside area - the Spikey Pineapple

Excuse me, I just have to say....Dole Whip = yummy for my tummy. It's one of my Disney drugs.

oh maybe this is why I just don't understand the obsession with them.. I didn't realize they used to be vanilla or you have that option other places. Maybe i'll give them 1 more shot but I really don't get it.

We were at DL in Spring of 2014 and they had just stopped serving vanilla dole whip there - I was told it was a "capacity" issue and I thought, "well score one for WDW."

I agree @FlightlessDuck, a Dole Whip in and of itself isn't that great - it's certainly not real ice cream and I don't love soft serve. But there's something contextual about having the float while walking along to POTC and getting refreshed on a hot day.....

We were at DL in Spring of 2014 and they had just stopped serving vanilla dole whip there - I was told it was a "capacity" issue and I thought, "well score one for WDW."

I agree @FlightlessDuck, a Dole Whip in and of itself isn't that great - it's certainly not real ice cream and I don't love soft serve. But there's something contextual about having the float while walking along to POTC and getting refreshed on a hot day.....
This! I don't even really like pineapple, the flavor is ok, but I can't eat the actual pineapple (texture thing for me). However, having one is just kind of the thing to do at Disney, for us anyway. I usually get one at MK and the one with rum on an AK day. Again, even for not loving pineapple, they are tasty. I certainly don't have withdrawals or cravings when not at Disney, but they are refreshingly enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter