Dole Whip in Pennsylvania

auroraarielella

Mouseketeer
I would rather stand in line at the Dole Whip stand than ride the Jungle Cruise, so I was so excited to see a local park post this on Facebook yesterday:

Knoebels Amusement Resort
11 hrs ·

The rumor is true! We do serve Dole Whip at the “giant loaf of bread,” on the side closest to Impulse. The current four flavors are lime, raspberry, orange and the beloved pineapple! Dole Whip experts: Help your fellow Facebook followers who are wondering, “What in the world is Dole Whip?”

We have a frozen yogurt shop in my town that also carries those flavors. The pineapple does taste exactly like the dole whip at disney. We go there once a month to settle our cravings lol.

I would rather stand in line at the Dole Whip stand than ride the Jungle Cruise, so I was so excited to see a local park post this on Facebook yesterday:

11 hrs ·

The rumor is true! We do serve Dole Whip at the “giant loaf of bread,” on the side closest to Impulse. The current four flavors are lime, raspberry, orange and the beloved pineapple! Dole Whip experts: Help your fellow Facebook followers who are wondering, “What in the world is Dole Whip?”
I love that park!!!! Thanks for the news!

And for those who don't know - Knoebels doesn't charge an admission fee nor a parking fee. So you can literally just walk in and get one. We were there a couple months ago and apparently this hadn't started yet!

Dutch Wonderland, also in Central PA, has Dole Whips. And you can go in and walk around for like an hour and leave and get your money back if you leave within a certain amount of time, so another option in Central PA.

I mean, if you ever find yourself in Central Pennsylvania, though I'm not sure why you would.

Dole Whips are very contextual for me - they're honestly not that great, but there's something about getting one in Disney World. I'd choose the ice cream parlor at Knoebbels over a Dole Whip most days, quite honestly.

While I was leaving the Shoprite in Daleville, PA, I noticed a sign for “Tasty Swirl” located in the same parking lot, is now serving Dole Whips.

Also, Stew Leonard’s in Yonkers, NY is serving pineapple and raspberry Dole Whip. We had the raspberry, it’s very refreshing. Similar to a sherbert.

Thanks for mentioning this. We plan to visit Knoebels at the end of the month.

I mean, if you ever find yourself in Central Pennsylvania, though I'm not sure why you would.

Lol had to laugh at this...because I live here:rotfl2:
Seriously though Knoebels is a great park just to walk around and grab a bite to eat (I love the Carmel apple that comes in the bowl)
If it wasn’t going to storm today I may have just went to try the new dole whip!

11 hrs ·

Anyone with a soft serve Ice Cream Machine can make and sell Dole Whip. It is not a Disney exclusive. If you Google Dole Soft Serve, there is a map with places that sell it all over the country. You can even buy it and make it yourself. 90 servings is about $30.

Lol had to laugh at this...because I live here:rotfl2:
Seriously though Knoebels is a great park just to walk around and grab a bite to eat (I love the Carmel apple that comes in the bowl)
If it wasn’t going to storm today I may have just went to try the new dole whip!

It was only kind of meant as a tongue-in-cheek insult. ;-)

Lots of pleasant things to visit and do in Central PA. Amusement parks aplenty, for one!

Anyone with a soft serve Ice Cream Machine can make and sell Dole Whip. It is not a Disney exclusive. If you Google Dole Soft Serve, there is a map with places that sell it all over the country. You can even buy it and make it yourself. 90 servings is about $30.

Yea, it's one of those things that part of the appeal was the exclusivity and hard-to-get-ness. When you could only get it at WDW, DL, and Hawaii, it was really cool.

It sure is! Not too many amusement/theme parks have great food but Knoebels sure does!!! And a lot of shade...and classic amazing wooden roller coasters....and a carrousel that you can collect rings awhile riding....and oh that caramel apple that you mentioned :cloud9:

They've actually had it for years...just never really advertised it. I sent them a PM thanking them for getting Dole Whips so Disney fans can get a taste of Disney in central PA. I told them that now that "word is out" they will probably swamped with Disney fans tying to get their Dole Whip fix! They responded with a "chuckle" and "thanks for the message" but said they've been selling it for years. I'm sure their Dole Whip sales will increase dramatically now that they've advertised it. :)

Not sure how I never noticed it during our yearly visits there...but I don't think I've ever actually ordered food at the Loaf of Bread. :)

I know of another PA amusement park that sells Dole whip's- Idlewild in Ligonier, PA. It's about an hour east of Pittsburgh. It has 2 sister parks but I'm not sure if they have them.

We were at idlewild on Saturday and I noticed the sign. I was so excited I told my husband I was going to post it.

Ugh I don't know how to post pictures

I know of another PA amusement park that sells Dole whip's- Idlewild in Ligonier, PA. It's about an hour east of Pittsburgh. It has 2 sister parks but I'm not sure if they have them.

We were at idlewild on Saturday and I noticed the sign. I was so excited I told my husband I was going to post it.

One of the sister parks is Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster which does have Dole Whip.

sister park Dutch Wonderland has Dole Whip also

The Sweet Frog yogurt shop near my house sells Dole Whip in pineapple, mango, and orange.

Our local favorite dairy bar in Ohio has had dole whip pineapple, lime, raspberry and mango. They had lemon but I don’t know if that was dole whip. I didn’t ask. I just had the raspberry and mango twisted together last night. It was delicious. In previous years they only had pineapple and maybe lime.

Knoebels is the best; no admission fees, no parking fees, justshow up and walk around feasting on the great park food they have. They always had good food, but lately have really tried to take it up a notch by adding some cool things. They win many Golden Ticket Awards every year, deservedly so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter