Does Whispering Canyons have a "quiet room"?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
My parents are interested in going to WCC for dinner, but they do not want to take part in the antics. Is there a quieter room option they can sit in?

the last time we were there (which admittedly was a while ago), We were seated in a smaller room at the far end of the restaurant. You can still hear what's going on but not quite as loudly.

the last time we were there (which admittedly was a while ago), We were seated in a smaller room at the far end of the restaurant. You can still hear what's going on but not quite as loudly.

I think that's what they are looking for. Also, if they try for a 4:45 or 5:00 ADR, would they have a better chance for a less chaotic meal? They are visiting WDW during a less busy season.

It always seems quieter in the back part of the restaurant. Turn your card to not wanting to goof around and lunch is much less noisy in general...especially if you don't go right at noon.

We ate on the "outside" of the restaurant once...sort of porch with railing section. It felt pretty removed from the action....which totally bummed out my boys.

There is an indicator disk on each table which you can use to let your server know if you want to take part in the antics. Red side up = no antics. Green side up = antics.

But you can still HEAR the "antics". If you want a quiet meal, WCC is NOT the place for you.

The sound of the servers beating trays on the floor is still ringing in my ears--and that meal was over 10 years ago:)

There was a member of our reunion group that hated the experience. 1 out of 20 plus not bad but for her... I still felt bad.
I'd suggest elsewhere if they already know they'd dislike it. It is loud everywhere IMHO.

The food's nothing special so if I wanted to avoid the antics I would eat elsewhere.

Maybe they could try lunch. We have gone for lunch 2 times and the restaurant was almost empty (maybe 10 tables of people). They were doing some antics but unless you were paying attention you would not have even noticed.

My parents are interested in going to WCC for dinner, but they do not want to take part in the antics. Is there a quieter room option they can sit in?
It's all 1 large room so no.
And it's open to the lobby
This is not the location to go if you want quiet
While you don't have to participate in antics if you want you can't escape them going on around you or other general lobby noisiness
I'd just go elsewhere.
Was there something specific that appealed to them on their menu? Maybe someone can help direct them to something similar

We ate on the "outside" of the restaurant once...sort of porch with railing section. It felt pretty removed from the action....which totally bummed out my boys.

This^ I didn't know how to describe it, but that's where my partner and I sat and we saw and participated in absolutely no antics. And we tend to eat later (8 pm and after) so it was pretty quiet.

I've been there for a couple of lunches within the past year. Kept the red side of the disk up. The only antics I noticed around me were ketchup bottles being moved to another table. Perhaps lunches are a bit quieter than dinners. I really like their lunch food. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter