• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Topolino’s get cancellations?

kwdw

DIS Veteran
I’ve been checking daily, and can’t get a breakfast reservation at Topolino’s in early Feb (specifically, the 6th or the 8th). Any ideas if I’ll have any luck? Does folks drop that one last minute? Didn’t have availability at my 60 day mark either, it’s just a 4 day trip. Do they have a walk in option?

They definitely get cancellations and I have seen them pop up sporadically. Usually the best luck is last minute and now with the up to two hours before you just have to keep checking. The best time to check used to be 48-24 hours before the charge for cancellation kicked in, now keep checking even day of.

I know it’s hard to get them. I’m sure that they do get cancellations though

Sure! All the restaurants do. We've eaten breakfast there 6-7 times and about half of those were booking the night before.

They don't typically do walk-ups, outside of bar seating (where characters do not interact)

Sure! All the restaurants do. We've eaten breakfast there 6-7 times and about half of those were booking the night before.

They don't typically do walk-ups, outside of bar seating (where characters do not interact)

I got in for breakfast, party of 3, (in Feb '22) with a night before cancellation (I think I was searching at like 11p-midnight, even - maybe a little after. We had somewhere else as a backup idea but really wanted it (kids at first didn't). Fingers crossed!

I grabbed a night before cancellation this past April. Try checking specific time slots too, not just "breakfast".

is It “against the rules” to use a website service that notifies you when an opening is available?

is It “against the rules” to use a website service that notifies you when an opening is available?
No, because you still have to book it, and someone else still has the chance to book it before you do.

I've recently read here of a service that will actually book for you, for a fee, but I don't have specific information.

We've had Topolino's breakfast on our want-to-do list the past couple months for 2 separate trips, and could not get anything at 60+ days out - a very difficult reservation. However, by being persistent and monitoring the last day or 2 before the date we wanted to eat, we did catch late cancellations and managed a reservation both trips. So stay persistent, especially as you get closer to the day you want to go. You very well could get lucky too.

I've recently read here of a service that will actually book for you, for a fee, but I don't have specific information.

Anyone reading this do not trust random 3rd parties with your password to Disney or other sites.

They will need your password for the Disney site and that means if that site is breached (I would doubt their security practices) that someone could get access to mobile order from the Disney app as well as Shop Disney.

Anyone reading this do not trust random 3rd parties with your password to Disney or other sites.

They will need your password for the Disney site and that means if that site is breached (I would doubt their security practices) that someone could get access to mobile order from the Disney app as well as Shop Disney.
With Disney’s OneID system, they’d have access to everything in all your accounts - MDE, DVC, Disney+ - that were linked to the same email address. So most definitely no one should share their login information with a stranger.

I don’t know anything about that site, have only seen mentions of it on DISboards, so I have no idea whether they ask for access to their client’s MDE account or not. However, there’s nothing to prevent them from booking an ADR and putting the client’s name as Primary Guest and manager of the ADR. Or alternatively they could give the client the name it’s booked under and the confirmation number. They don’t need access to the client’s MDE address to do that.

I had a tracker for multiple days in June, and was never able to get in at all. I did get into Bippidi and Oga's.

I have had excellent luck getting several hard to get dining reservations in the 1-2 days prior to my desired date. It does take a big investment in time to continuously check the app and hit refresh. You could also try one of the paid sites that notifies you of an opening. I have used those and succeeded but you have to be available the instant you get the notification.

I’ve picked up two Topolino’s dinner reservations since I got here on Sunday, and saw a third open up. I don‘t know about breakfast, but dinner opens up a lot.

With the new two hour rule we were able to score a walk up by checking the app randomly when we were on the skylier. It is our new favorite breakfast spot

I have cancelled Topolinos, so it must happen! We had a dinner res towards the end of our DEC trip, and I requested that we saved it for another visit, and have it earlier so we could enjoy it. So we made it about 10 days in advance, and then cancelled a few days later.

I was just able to get a breakfast reservation yesterday for Jan 18th, party of 3. I only need for party of 2, and tried 3 on a whim!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter