Does Test Track need a re-theme?

Sci-Fi

Earning My Ears
I think absolutely!! Wreck it Ralph deserves an attraction, Suger Rush would be amazing, keep the car design aspect but change the theme match the cars in the movie. Kids would love to ride on peppermint wheels and Candy cars! Add a few animatronics or maybe a headset like Mario Kart at Universal. I can smell it now, so sweet!!!! What other themes would you suggest??

Personally I would love to see a revival of the original version of the ride. It was very '90s but I loved the theming and is definitely way better than the low effort theming Test Track has now. They could do some adjustments to make it less '90s if they want.

I think absolutely!! Wreck it Ralph deserves an attraction, Suger Rush would be amazing, keep the car design aspect but change the theme match the cars in the movie. Kids would love to ride on peppermint wheels and Candy cars! Add a few animatronics or maybe a headset like Mario Kart at Universal. I can smell it now, so sweet!!!! What other themes would you suggest??

When I saw the title of your thread I was ready to reply "it just got a re-theme", but when I read your ideal I think it's brilliant!

I think it will be awhile before they redo that ride. It wasn't that long ago they changed it around to the current configuration. Theming rides to a popular current movie is a mistake in my view since those movies have a shelf life and then will require a redo when that movie is no longer popular. Also don't know if the sponsor (in this case GM) has any input to the overall ride design.

I think it will be awhile before they redo that ride. It wasn't that long ago they changed it around to the current configuration. Theming rides to a popular current movie is a mistake in my view since those movies have a shelf life and then will require a redo when that movie is no longer popular. Also don't know if the sponsor (in this case GM) has any input to the overall ride design.
A good movie doesn't have a shelf life, it's a matter of picking the right movie. I would argue with the right theme guests don't really care.
Does anyone really know anything about Tron but it's a futuristic looking building with some cool lighting effects so it fits nicely into future world.

I do agree that Radiator Springs is a far superior experience - one of our favorites. But TT is also extremely popular and I don't see it changing again anytime soon. That being said, I do like the OP's point. Why not do it on a different attraction, though - like Grand Prix at MK. Talk about an attraction that really needs an update......

True, but the updated Test Track is pretty cheaply done. It needs the attention it deserves.
Not sure I agree with that, but that's just me. I think the new TT is better than the old. I'm just tired of designing cars before riding! On the other hand, it seems like all the attractions in Future World (and Tomorrowland, for that matter) were supposed to be updated frequently and state-of-the-art in technology. That really hasn't truly been the case since it opened.

I'm just tired of designing cars before riding!

I agree, another of those Disney 'preshows' that just seems like a waste of time/space. Tries to give you the impression you aren't waiting in line so long, but in reality are just waiting in yet another room before boarding the actual ride. No matter how fast you design your car, you still wait in line with everyone else. Seems they could have better used that space to make the ride bigger to allow for added capacity.

Yes it does. It is boring. And looks cheap. The ride queue is silly. We used to ride multiple times. Since this refurb, once a trip is enough.

We feel the same way about Spaceship Earth since they gutted the "descent" and replaced Jeremy Irons with Judy Dench.

When I saw the title of your thread I was ready to reply "it just got a re-theme", but when I read your ideal I think it's brilliant!
They did not "just" get a re-theme. The last refurbishment was 11 years ago. In 2012.
The prior one, with Test Dummies, lasted 12 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter