Does is feel weird, without the kids?

LeahA

DIS Veteran
We have been to Disneyworld 10 times with kids, this will be our first trip without the kids. I'm thinking that it might be strange to be there without the kids. I know we will have a good time at the Food and Wine Festival, but, I don't want to miss the kids too much. Any thoughts?

I'm sure you will miss your kids but you might not miss them being there with you at the parks. You'll have fun. Adult fun. Remember your kids came into your life. Don't get wrapped up in them not being there, go have fun. Enjoy being on vacation

nope doesn't feel weird without the kids at all, maybe the first couple of minutes, but after that you'll enjoy yourself when you realize you can do and see stuff tht you don't normally do because you have the kids with you. :woohoo: here's sending you some pixie dust:flower3:also if you start to miss them too much have some wine or a margarita, i bet you'll not miss them to much after that.

going first time without kids in dec. it already feels weird, but they are all grown up now ( 18 and 23) they don't want to go this time. but looking forward to some alone time with dh

The guilt was thick at first wasn't it? We're going in November w/ out the kids for the first time. At first I wasn't so sure when my husband mentioned it, but then thinking about being alone for some couple time quickly changed my mind! The kids took it well, as long as I promise to bring back goodies!! Of course I told them we're going to be doing all the "boring" adult stuff that they have no interest in. I'm looking foward to it so much!!

In 2006 Hubby and I went to Walt Disney World for the very first time and since we are now empty nesters was not sure how much fun we would have without kids but we had a blast! We had dinner with the characters, had our pictures taken with them and jsut had an all around good time. You will miss your kids, but you WILL have fun.
:cool1:

For 18 years from the age of 5 to 23 I went to Disney with my parents. My grandparents live in Daytona so the annual summer visit also included a trip to Disney.

Well the first time I went to Disney without my parents I missed them, but I had a lot of fun. I got to do all the things that I wanted to do but never could because the family all had to agree.

Now I have been back to Disney without my parents probably about 10 times. I will be there on the 15 Sept without them again.

Each time that I come back I tell my parents all that I have done and they get so excited that we are planning a family visit in the next year or so. My Dad has always wanted to stay on Disney property and we are going to do that.

But go an have fun, discover some new things, and when you take the kids back you can show all the new stuff you found.

Thanks for all the kind words. We do so much for our kids, that I think Mom and Dad need some alone time. I will miss them, but, it will be nice to go around Epcot and actually go into all the shops and eat, drink and be merry without telling someone to "Stop that!" or "Don't Touch!"

I am leaving in 4 days!!!!!!
Me and my good friend are leaving the husbands and kids behind for 4 glorious days of Disney the way WE want it to be! :) No lugging things around.. no keep track of otheres.. Alcohol!! We get to drink it!!! yes!!
My kids DD 14 and DS 13 still are in total shock that I am going without them. My friends kids are DD 15 and DS 16 and it's the same thing in her house! By the way we both had our kids to Disney and she had hers on a Disney cruise and to Universal in July... so they are NOT missing out on anything. I have not been away without DH or the kids in 7 years so I think I'm entititled to a few days on my own. I am soooo excited! :)

DH and I are going solo in November. I can't wait:yay:

DH and I are going without the kids in Oct. It will be our first trip alone since our honeymoon - TWENTY years ago. I'm excited but am sure I'll miss the kids, however it will be so nice to do things our way and stroll leisurely through the world.

I leave in less than 2 weeks (YEAH) to meet my Mom at Disney. My DD9 and DD4 are ok with it-- so far since they get to have Granddad (my Dad) here to play while I'm gone. My DH will be home also. I know there will be times I miss them, but I am looking forward to some adult time too.

Thanks for all the kind words. We do so much for our kids, that I think Mom and Dad need some alone time. I will miss them, but, it will be nice to go around Epcot and actually go into all the shops and eat, drink and be merry without telling someone to "Stop that!" or "Don't Touch!"

Your #1 priority is to each other - and your marriage. Your #2 priority is to your kids. Some of the happiest couples I know are those who realize that and DO take time/trips together as a couple (without the kids or other people). When you become a parent, you shouldn't stop being the spouse/significant other.....unless you're ok with risking having nothing together after the kids are gone.

Nothing wrong with missing the kids - but that doesn't mean it's wrong to be there without them ;) Hopefully when they're grown they'll remember the example you guys set and make their own marriages a priority too.

You'll miss them but in a GOOD way. You'll actually get to take your time and see the things you want to see. And believe me ...you will see things that you've never seen no matter how many times you went with the kids. I never got to stop and smell the roses because I always had to keep focused on where each child was. I LOVE the trips with the kids and grandkids, but I really felt like I had a vacation without them.

i've been 5 times, only once with my child...i've enjoyed each time more than the last. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter