Does everyone need to be present for check-in with their magic bands?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I know the magic bands open your Disney resort room. One in our party will be arriving later than the others and her magic band will be with her. Does that prevent the others from checking in earlier? If we can check-in early does the late arrival have to go through check-in anyway when they arrive or can we do everything for her ahead of time? I'm not sure if you have to give your magic band to the check-in clerk to activate room entry or whatever? Is there a number on the band that we can tell the clerk to activate our late comer's magic band without her being present? Should we keep her magic band with us? Does that help? I'm lost; please help.

We did online check in and bypassed the front desk. We received a text with our room number when it was ready. All four magic bands opened the door to the room without us ever going to the front desk.

You don't need to worry. The bands don't need to be scanned or activated. Just let her know your room number and she can go straight to it and unlock the door.

I have always checked in for my family with just my band.

Remember, The Magic Bands are ordered through MDE for specific people on your reservation, so they already know which ones will activate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter