Does CRO Anwer phones anymore?

lfmb

Earning My Ears
I keep calling 407-W-disney and the Walt disney world travel company keeps anwering the phones. I heard that you should book with CRO when you want a room only and not a package.

Also, the terms are supposed to be better when you book with CRO. I did read on mousesavers that disney is eliminating CRO eventually ,and only the travel company will answer phones.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

When I booked the Pop, I had the WDTC answer the phone, but they gladly transferred me to a CRO rep. Just ask and they will transfer you, otherwise, you could spend the entire day hoping to get the right rep. Mickey

I has a similar situation today. When I called and made my reservation, I didn't realize till we were done and she reviewed everything that I had WDTC and not CRO. I also saw on Mary's site about this very thing. I called back and asked for CRO, the CM I spoke with "Harry" was great. He told me he was trained for both but would gladly book my room only reservation through CRO. Now I'm happy, when AP codes come out....wishing and hoping;).... then I can apply my discount without the 45 day window, etc with the WDTC. He gladly canceled my previous reservation after the new one was secured:D

It truly is amazing how varied the CM's are that answer the phones:rolleyes: Like Mary said on Mousesavers, if you don't get someone you like than simply call back. It can be frustrating but definatley worth it in the end.

I called a month or so ago to make my first ressies with an AP. I told the person who answered the phone I'd like AP rates, and he transferred me to CRO. I was nervous that I would somehow mess it up, but it was a breeze!

I knew I wanted CRO for our room-only reservation after reading about the different terms on this site and at mousesavers. When I called last month, I asked right away if I had a CRO agent, and she said yes - sounding as if she heard that question all the time, I might add. :-) I'm so thankful for all the great info on the DIS!

fraz

I called last week on the new Florida Resident rates to book AKL for mid-September. I didn't specifically ask for CRO (and they answered the phone really generically so I'm not sure), I just said "I already have my travel dates and hotel picked out, but it's been a few years since I stayed at Disney and I understand your policies have changed a little. I can't make the reservation right now unless I can pay the balance on check-in."

That did the trick, no questions askes, and I was quoted the "old-fashioned" CRO terms. I wasn't transferred, so I guess I hit a CRO agent the first time, or someone who was able to access both systems.

I just called yesterday for reservations for November and got the WDTC. After listening to their music and promos for 8 minutes, they picked up. I had to put in my days and then my phone number (2 times). After giving him the information, they switched me over to CRO when I asked about AP rates and AAA rates. I guess that is standard now. Only thing I could get was a AAA rate of 292/night for a waterview room at BC. I said can I call back when the AP rates come out for November? She told me that I could but by then the Y&B would probably be totally booked and would NOT be able to get an AP rate. Problem for me is, last year we got an AP rate of $289/night for a waterview concierge room at the YC and the thought of paying more now is really weighing on my mind. Everyone really wants a good rate they can live with! I may just call back and book the Allstar Movies and be able to sleep tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter