Does Cirque du Soleil have the same show year after year at DS?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We went to the Cirque du Soleil show at DTD 3 years ago and really enjoyed it.
We are thinking of going again. Are they still doing the same show or have they changed shows?

It is the same show however they will be closing and redoing everything for a new show. I'm not sure of the timeline though

According to Kevin from the podcast (1/3/17 show) there is a solid rumor that in a year a tent will be put up in Orlando and a traveling show from cirque du soleil will come for 6-8 months while they prepare the current theatre for a new show at Disney Springs.

Does anybody know the time frame for the closure? We were hoping to go in late August.

We have seen the show LaNouba a few times and really enjoyed it. It seems every time we saw it, we see something new! We went again last week and really enjoyed the B-Boys.

We have seen the show LaNouba a few times and really enjoyed it. It seems every time we saw it, we see something new! We went again last week and really enjoyed the B-Boys.

This. We have seen it 3 times over about 6 years and even though the story line is essentially the same, I would swear it's a bit different each time. It was one of the only things my dad (who is normally NOT into things like Cirque) really wanted to do again on their last trip.

I have a lot of friends that tour with cirque and there's nothing scheduled to be here through the summer. doesn't mean that the rumor isn't early planning. I remember an orlando sentinel article about a year ago now that was talking how some of the west side springs restaurants may not survive the disney required renovation to change the look of them to make the new direction they went. If cirque is in that list, they might just be bringing a show to the area to keep up their popularity. They would only change a show if it wasn't doing well (and no clue how it's doing but sure does have a huge crowd clog up springs when they finish a performance).

Also interesting is turok, I can see that making a temporary appearance. it's one of their stadium shows so it's more nimble and can quickly come in and out of a city but doesn't travel with a full tent rig. It happens to be pandora based and that looks like it's could be free to wander nearby after march. Also being a stadium show it could probably take over the stage so maybe it's not a renovation or show change but a temporary engagement to heighten the opening of pandora even more.

shrug, who knows. all I know is I have no friends coming down with a tent show at this time..

I can't think of a better down day at Disney then getting a lunch at earl of sandwich - doing some shopping - going on the ferry ride - taking a balloon ride at characters in flight - catching La Nuba then going for a nice diner....it was one of the best days I had there.

This. We have seen it 3 times over about 6 years and even though the story line is essentially the same, I would swear it's a bit different each time.

Chances are, you did see a slightly different show each time. The story line and overall structure is static, but the various acts do rotate depending on a variety of factors.

Some of the acts require the unique talents of one person. For those acts, if the person can not perform, they will substitute a different act. Examples of these acts: the juggler who balances on stacked cylinders; the aerial silk ballet (silk = fabric strips that performers use to "fly" above the audience); and the bicycle riders.

Other acts are structured so that a single performer can be replaced by a substitute performer. This allows the act to be consistently performed for every show. Examples: Diablos (where the four girl acrobats toss the spinning tops); trapeze artists; and the trampoline/power track finale.

Its okay for a Cirque show. But nothing on Kooza, Totem and Ovo all of which were better and even alegeria and saltimbanco were better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter