Does anyone pick beer they purchase for their trip based on the resort at which they’re staying?

Anthony Vito

DIS Veteran
Probably an odd topic, but, we’re ordering from Instacart a few things for our trip (mostly snacks, food for the kids), and I’m ordering some beer for my stay. Last time we did this while staying at Polynesian, so I bought Kona Brewing Big Wave, which had already become a bit of a go-to for me, but it was appropriate for the stay and added to the feel a bit.

This time we’re staying at Wilderness Lodge, and I’m trying to decide what beer to pick for the week. I’m not that adventurous any more with beer, mostly stick to lagers and more basic ales and avoid the stronger beers (Kona Big Wave, Stella, Peroni, Negra Modelo, Harp, Smithwick’s, etc.). I’m leaning towards going with one of my usuals, maybe Kona again, but feel like it’s breaking up the theme for the trip.

Is anyone else as weird about this too? Any suggestions for less-exotic beer to get that would fit the Wilderness theme?

Can’t say that I do that. :)

I’d rather get a rental car and go up to Orlando Brewing and pick up some bottles of their beers. Or a growler of it. It’s in a funky part of town, but imo worth it.

Unfortunately, I’m limited to what’s available at Publix through Instacart. We’re trying to save money this way, versus buying beer at the resort for $9 each. I can get a 6-pack for almost that much (otherwise I’d just try out all the beers at the bars at the resort). Although I do say the growler idea is nice. Someday when we have a car down there during a trip, I’m going to remember that suggestion.

We love beer, but I can not say that I have ever this :)

We order the same things for every trip; Stella Artois, Blue Moon and Bud Light. I might branch out at the parks, I love the grapefruit beer at Germany!

I guess I also feel like I should drink something different while I’m on vacation, but at the same time, I have the beers I like and that’s why I buy them for home. It’s kind of a difficult line to draw - I don’t want to stray from what I like, but also want it to feel like I’m on vacation.

Probably an odd topic, but, we’re ordering from Instacart a few things for our trip (mostly snacks, food for the kids), and I’m ordering some beer for my stay. Last time we did this while staying at Polynesian, so I bought Kona Brewing Big Wave, which had already become a bit of a go-to for me, but it was appropriate for the stay and added to the feel a bit.

This time we’re staying at Wilderness Lodge, and I’m trying to decide what beer to pick for the week. I’m not that adventurous any more with beer, mostly stick to lagers and more basic ales and avoid the stronger beers (Kona Big Wave, Stella, Peroni, Negra Modelo, Harp, Smithwick’s, etc.). I’m leaning towards going with one of my usuals, maybe Kona again, but feel like it’s breaking up the theme for the trip.

Is anyone else as weird about this too? Any suggestions for less-exotic beer to get that would fit the Wilderness theme?
Big Wave has been my default for years. I haven't purchased beer based on resort, but I have booked resorts based on the beer offerings, so yeah, I'm weird too! I'm also too cheap to pay resort prices for more than a few, so usually bring some for the room also. Sweetwater 420 is another of my go- to beers and would fit the wilderness theme.

No I don't but I think it's a really cool idea!

I hear what your saying about "feeling like your on vacation" with your drink choices. Yuengling isn't available in my home state (MI) and as far as I know Once Upon a Vine isn't sold anywhere outside of the WDW area. So when I'm on vacation at Disney World I make sure that I indulge in my "vacation" beverages.

I’m a straight Bud Light girl. My husband a mixed drink guy. He puts some thought into to his mixer and liquor. I think WL was Crown & Diet Coke. FQ was flavored rum shots in the room. But his go-to is Jack & diet sprite.

We stuck with Founders All Day IPA for laid back session drinking during our WL stay and it was great. Highly recommend!

Well there's Hamm's Beer--it's cheap! "From the land of sky blue waters..." and they have bears in their commercials (WL logo has bears)
Also along the wilderness theme--Moosehead?

I try to order something local, that I cannot get in the northeast. I'm not sure if my taste for belgian wheats and hefeweizens would fit in with the wilderness lodge theme though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter