Does anyone NOT like Soarin'?

MedCruise07

Mouseketeer
I've ridden this once. It's an okay ride, but I sat in the second row and found it distracting to see the feet of the people sitting in the first row. And I've read that people sitting inthe first row can be distracted by seeing the edges of the screen. So even riding in the first row, I doubt this is going to become my favorite ride. Anyone else agree? Or am I missing something?

DH and I don't "get" the appeal of this ride either. We thought it was maybe because we are from CA and the scenes are familiar. We think it is an okay ride but our hearts will not be broken if we do not ride it each trip.

Possibly my second favourite ride (after Spiderman) in Orlando. Superb it was, but I can understand why some people dont get it. It seems to me people either think its awesome or plain boring. No in between!!!

I can take it or leave it but it's definitely not a must do for me. Now DH on the other hand really enjoys it, so we ride it for him.

i'm another one that doesn't get the whole soarin buzz. i enjoyed the ride, but honestly i can take it or leave it next time. it's a must for some people. i just wasn't that impressed. to each his own!

The first time I rode it I wasn't overly impressed. Over time though it has grown to be a favorite of mine. I love the sountrack. I think maybe it takes a few rides to appreciate it thoroughly. At least it did for me. So give it another try, and sit in the front row, I think you may start to enjoy it, and it may even become a favorite.:thumbsup2

Might like it more if it was Florida Soarin'. Everything in the Cali one is too familiar and, if I'm at Epcot, I think it should be a Florida ride anyways.
There's so much cool stuff in Florida I've never seen, it'd be neat to see it on that type of screen.

We ride it once on each trip. To us it is blurry and sort of gives us headaches. I actually spend most of the ride looking around at other stuff besides the screen :rotfl:

I have to agree that it really isn't worth all the hype. The seats are really confortable though after standing in line for an hour (with fast passes;) ):)

We waited in line forever because friends of ours said we HAVE to try it...

It was cool, but the evergreen smell along with the movement made me a little sqeemish. I was not as thrilled with the ride as I had been led to believe that it was so great and we had to do it!!! I'm not "afraid" of heights but this ride had me feeling a little fear. I guess that is supposed to be the appeal.

So we did it once and it is not on our HAVE to do again list. But that being said, you should check it out once. BTW, we were in the front row so I have no comparison regarding distracting feet.

Sit in the top row in the middle. The view from there is just amazing. No shoes or other distractions to look at and you are up pretty high. It feels so weird and so real!

I guess I have been lucky and both times that I have ridden we have been in the front row toward the middle. It has always been an awesome ride to me. It is always on my to do list.

Wow, my DH and I loved it so much we stood in line twice for well over an hour and a half to ride it in 2005. We're going back next Nov and will ride it again.

I loved it and as in many of the Disney rides, you need to stop "looking for the wires" and just enjoy the show. I think if you can avoid looking at the sides of the screen or others' feet you are better able to enjoy the experience. It is one of my fav rides at all of DW.

We rode it on Friday - FastPasses were gone by noon, we had snagged one first thing in the morning...otherwise I might have strangled someone if we had waited in the 90 minute line for it. So, my take on it was that it was good enough to wait 5 minutes for it, but I would have been seriously annoyed to have waited a long time for the brief ride that it was. We all enjoyed it, however (including 4yo DS).

To me it is just an imax film in a rocking chair.

I saw it once, and I might go on it again, I guess it would depend on my mood.

I thought it was nothing special. Thank goodness I used the fastpass... it definitely wouldn't have been worth the wait otherwise.

Soarin is ok, but many people think its the best ride in Disney. Cant argue that soarin yes Soarin has great effects, but Expedition Everest has it beat for #1 ride in Disney.

It's awesome if you're in the middle of the front row. 2nd and 3rd row didn't do a thing for me. I'll only ride it now if I can sit front row middle. If not I'll skip it.

I really enjoy Soarin, but DH doesn't care for it at all. I guess DD and I will go together next time!! ;)

Trish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter