Does anyone know why ...

winegirl

Mouseketeer
Anyone know why the week of October 13 through the 19 is so booked? We are heading down on Thursday the 16th and tried to add an additional night on to our vacation for Wed, but everything is completely sold out!
Just curious if anyone knows anything ...:confused3
Thanks!

October 13th is Columbus Day (or Native American day in some places.) Maybe some schools are out? I used to get that day off in college but I'm not sure how many people get out of school for it.

I believe that is Fall Break for a lot of Utah and Arizona schools as well. There is a big convention at DL the weekend of the 17th - we'll be there then too and it was very hard switching hotels because there was NOTHING available.

Still should be fun!!!

Which convention is there the weekend of the 17th? Is it a yearly thing?
I am looking at how things are around this time of year to take a group next fall in mid-October. Might help to know if it's a convention that will be coming through again.
I'm trying to balance going Mon-Tues with shorter hours and hopefully shorter lines vs. Fri-Sat with both longer! Taking things into account like Columbus Day, conventions, etc. helps me plan.

Thanks for the info,

PHXscuba
"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":rolleyes:

Jeepers! I think everyone's coming to see me! I'll be there on the 17th -20th!:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter