Does any use Norwex products?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I first learned of this company about 1.5 years ago at a Christmas Bazaar. The lady that was demonstrating the few products she had on hand was OVER THE TOP and truly annoying, so it really just turned me off to even really listening to her.

But my cousin's wife just started selling it and I'm wondering if there are any products that are tried and true. I would like to buy a couple things to help her out.

Thanks!

I really like the cloth napkins I got from them. They were pricey, but they resist stains and have held up really well. We have switched completely away from disposable napkins, so we have a pretty good amount of cloth ones, and the Norwex are definitely my favorites.

My wife got on a Norwex kick about 5-6 years ago. We ended up with different Norwex rags for cleaning windows, surfaces, etc.. I just know the pink one is for surfaces, and the blue one is for the windows. Apparently they have silver in them, which is supposed to make them clean better because of... reasons (color me skeptical). She also has several face cleaning Norwex cloths, that she swears by.

About the only advantage I have seen, is as @jalapeno_pretzel said- they hold up really well. Then again, there is always a supply of old t-shirts in our house, so replacing rags is not exactly an expensive proposition. Shrug.

But my cousin's wife just started selling it and I'm wondering if there are any products that are tried and true. I would like to buy a couple things to help her out.
I sat through one of these from a horrid former 'friend'. Their main Product seems to be pushing microfiber and recruiting people to push microfiber.

Their cleaning products simply don't work. And it's no wonder why, there's nothing in them but surfactants. A surfactant is a useful addition but either a soap or detergent is necessary for anything more than inert debris or water soluble stains. The dish 'soap' demo'd actually worked worse than plain water, I'm not sure how. Then, I called bull-pucky on the claim that their microfiber removed 99% of bacteria using only water, and was asked to leave. It's a deceitful claim and a dangerous one considering that when tested by the Toxics Use Reduction Institute (TURI) microfiber cleaning products did not work as well and harbored 40% more bacteria than other methods.

Considering the prices they charge, I would feel very poorly used by anyone who sold me these products.

I love their mirror/window cloth. I use it on my stainless steel fridge which is awful for fingerprints, and they do a cleaning paste that I use for my ceramic stove top.
I am going to be trying the BBQ cleaner this year though because I can't stand strong smells and apparently the Norwex one is much better than most of the other grill cleaners

I am not the biggest fan of Norwex, but I do like some of their products.

I don’t believe in using bleach or antibacterial cleaner for everything, but soap/cleanser is necessary (IMO)

I really like their window cloth, and I only use water because windex is too strong for me. I love their wool dryer balls, and I don’t use fabric softener. And I like their long reach bendable duster, it allows me to get my ceiling fans easily. My friend really likes the mopping system, but that was too pricy for me

I like the window cloth. But I also had the blue kitchen cloth with the silver (supposedly) and they claimed it wouldn't get that gross smell that some cloths seem to get after a while and this thing STUNK so bad. I reached out to the rep and she sent me a new one, same thing. I followed all of their cleaning instructions to the tee (boiling it, etc) and it didn't help. I consider myself a pretty neat and tidy person and I don't leave things laying around forever to get gross, so I don't think it was me. I threw it out. I think it was $20 too. So I just still have the purple window shammy thing and dollar store wash cloths.

A few of my friends have the Norwex nubby bathroom towels, and I despise them! The feeling of those towels gives me the shivers. It’s the type of material that sticks to your hands if you have dry skin. Hard to explain, but to me it’s like nails on a chalkboard. I’d rather wipe my hands on my pants.

I forgot about this company but while reading this I realized I have 2 things that I bought at a party 10 years ago. The dust mop and the window cloths I literally still use regularly. Both still work great and I love them both.

A few of my friends have the Norwex nubby bathroom towels, and I despise them! The feeling of those towels gives me the shivers. It’s the type of material that sticks to your hands if you have dry skin. Hard to explain, but to me it’s like nails on a chalkboard. I’d rather wipe my hands on my pants.

too funny! I know what you mean!

I have a friend who has been a consultant for a few yrs now and when they first started out I felt obligated to buy a few things. I never really use them now, but when I did I didn’t notice any difference from regular products bought at the store for much cheaper prices. Now they are getting into the face mask business apparently, going to be selling them for $10 a piece. No thanks

Glad you posted this thread. One of my oldest and best friends just became a rep. and has been posting videos on FP so I was thinking about buying. After reading this thread I think I'll just stick with the shammies and other things I already have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter