Do You Wear Your Mask....

Of course. It's an up-close interaction with a human being who does not live in my home. It frustrates me that this is even a question -- anyone who has not been living under a rock for the past 9 months should understand that it is the correct, courteous, and responsible thing to do.

The drive thru at the fast food places here are way too congested with food delivery drivers. It is easier and faster to just order it on Uber Eats or Door Dash.

The drive thru at the fast food places here are way too congested with food delivery drivers. It is easier and faster to just order it on Uber Eats or Door Dash.

Yeah, a lot of places don't really have a good system to handle them. A favorite sandwich place of mine just can't seem to manage and have become very slow. The delivery drivers all think they are priority too. It has made it difficult at some places.

Yes. I wear mine as well when I'm ordering. I don't know who has been ordering right before me and since sometimes you have to speak loudly when ordering, I'm concerned that virus particles could still be floating around.

Not at fast food because I don't eat it but at the prescription pick up, the gas station & the bank drive through I do both a mask and gloves and if I need to sign something it's with my own pen.
I have to ask, who the heck are you interacting with at a gas station, and why would you wear a mask in your car, outside, while the bank teller is inside?

I can't wrap my head around this insanity any more.

I wear it if there isn't plexiglass covering the upper portion of the window.

We are a mask mandate state. I think every drive through pick up window by us has a sign or poster asking customers to mask-up at the pickup window.

We are, too but I didn't see any sign at the chic fil a drive thru last night. I have only seen a sign maybe once in MI at a drive up.

Yes... absolutely.

Since the pandemic began, we’ve only gotten fast food at Chick-Fil-A, & I place our order through the app on my phone.

And, when we get there, whoever is in the driving seat puts their mask on as a courtesy to the employee who’s coming to our window.

I also put on my mask when doing pick-up orders at Walmart & our local grocery store when the employee comes to my window to verify my name or give me my receipt.

I’ve become a pretty devout GrubHub customer so I haven’t been through a drive thru in quite some time but pick ups even though it’s a very brief interaction yes, I put my mask on (and have my kids put theirs on) when I see them headed my way. Sometimes I feel like I wasted a mask for but better safe than sorry.
What I want to know is how many of you have pulled up to a window wearing your mask and had the employee quickly pull their own mask up from around their chin when they see you wearing yours. This has happened to me twice. Reason enough for me to want mine on.
I had to ask the kid loading my groceries to please pull his up. He seemed surprised but it was early days with the mask mandate so I think it was more oversight on his part rather than not wanting to wear it.

I haven't been through a drive through since February. I miss Chick-fil-a and Whataburger. 😭

This question made me realize that it has been since pre-Covid since I have had fast food! Score!

That said, in the drive through I would take it off to order and put it on to pay/grab food. Of course I would wear it inside.

I haven't been through a drive through since February. I miss Chick-fil-a and Whataburger. 😭

Chick-Fil-A is the only one I trust.

They are being super-careful & have a really good touch-free method for delivering the food to customers.

We’re traveling on Sunday, &, since Chick-Fil-A isn’t open on Sundays, I have NO IDEA what we’re going to do.

No. I'm interacting with them less time that with a server at a restaurant and no one is wearing a mask there once seated.
But you should have on your mask if you aren’t actually eating. Also, in my opinion, if the server is approaching/at your table.

You see the irony there right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter