• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you wear shorts in January at WDW??

SO happy for everyone headed down this week--the weather looks glorious! I'd definitely plan on shorts for during the day with this forecast--a sweatshirt for mornings and jeans for nights.

Here's to hoping that this kind of weather holds for all of us snowbirds for the weeks to come! It would be so great to be able to swim and enjoy some "early summer" weather!

:goodvibes

we were there this week last year. and we froze our toes off at night. so i made sure to have mittens for each kid and of course we are taking our winter coats cause we wore them last year. and when i saw the forcast my mouth just hung open! HAHAHA so DH just went and bought new shorts (i hate shorts!) and we packed our swim suits I am floored! But excited!:banana:

I am constantly fascinated by these threads by adults asking people what to wear.

We were there for the Marathon as well. I wore jeans the first day, and then had shorts on the rest of the week. We even wore them to the airport and put on jeans just before getting on the plane.

I wore a hoodie in the morning in the evening, but the weather was perfect!

I am constantly fascinated by these threads by adults asking people what to wear.

Why?

It seems fairly logical for someone to question the weather of another area they are unfamiliar with. If it wasn't, then there wouldn't be so many Disney websites with the average temperatures listed, would there?

Thanks, OP, for this thread! :thumbsup2

I agree. Along with many other questions that are asked here. A lady on another thread wants posters to talk her into booking reservations, crazy.

I, too, wonder why people have such a hard time with this. Look at the forecast. If highs are expected to be 75-85, bring some shorts if you wear them for those kind of temps. And who cares if someone else wears shorts when it is 80 degrees? If you want to, do it. If you don't, don't.

I don't mind people asking, of course. But I'm sure these people are able to get up and dress themselves at home. Why it is such a problem somewhere else, I just don't know.

we leave on Tuesday and the weather looks great! however, we are still taking 2 pair of pants each. after the first couple of days when our "winter skin" has worn away the evenings do start to feel cool. plus, you will need them you get back home!

I, too, wonder why people have such a hard time with this. Look at the forecast. If highs are expected to be 75-85, bring some shorts if you wear them for those kind of temps. And who cares if someone else wears shorts when it is 80 degrees? If you want to, do it. If you don't, don't.

I don't mind people asking, of course. But I'm sure these people are able to get up and dress themselves at home. Why it is such a problem somewhere else, I just don't know.

While I haven't asked the question here, for me the "shorts or not?" question comes in because I'm packing for a week's trip and because the weather forecast may shift after I'm on my way. If I pack mostly shorts based on the high temperature and miss some other variable--cool nights, rain, wind, A/C, Kali drenching me at AK, a significant deviation from average temps--then I might find myself chilled for several days. I don't have the opportunity that I do at home to say "yesterday was awful, better grab something warmer from the closet today" when I'm confronted with a suitcase full of warm-weather gear. So I like learning from others' experiences.

Personally I find that planning for layers that accommodate both the warmest and coolest likely temps work best, then each day I just dress accordingly based on the current day's temps. Or pack half warm-weather clothes and half cool-weather clothes and take time out for :laundy:.

Compared to last year and the year B4 we are having a really mild winter.
Yesterday I had shorts and tank top. We've been actually hitting the 80's.

Our cold snaps have only lasted a day or two. I had the AC on yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter