• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you use a cleaning service for your home? $??

snapppyd

God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!
Looking for a little info. I have never had anyone clean my house for me.

Recently I got an estimate of $300 for a first time cleaning. It's a 4 bedroom colonial. That was for two women at $30 an hour each.

I have no idea if this price is reasonable. Can someone advise? Thanks!

I have a cleaning lady. I pay her $25/hr. The first time she came it took a while, but now she comes every other week for 3 hours, so I pay $75/cleaning.

Going rate in our area is 12-17 euro per hour. I pay 15 per hour each for two ladies who come every 2 weeks for 2 hours. We have a small place, about 800 sq feet

I think it was a lot because I need all the floors cleaned. I have hardwood in most of the house.

First time cleanings are always more but that seems crazy. I pay $60 weekly for 2200 sq feet (4 bed 2.5 bath).

No... Just the thought of someone in the house like that freaks me out...

Oh, I "know" her. Her husband has been our lawn guy forever. It would be his wife and her SIL. I'm not worried about them being in my house, just didn't expect the price. They said it would take 4-5 hours, they would do all the floors and then the rest of the house. 2 1/2 baths, etc.

I pay $150 for one person, four hours, four bedrooms, two and a half baths, for my dad’s house, I used to pay $80 for my 1800 square foot house over ten years ago (two people, two hours).

I pay $120 bi-weekly for a 4 bedroom colonial. My first cleaning was more money and it took much longer - but I can't remember exactly what it was.

Oh, I "know" her. Her husband has been our lawn guy forever. It would be his wife and her SIL. I'm not worried about them being in my house, just didn't expect the price. They said it would take 4-5 hours, they would do all the floors and then the rest of the house. 2 1/2 baths, etc.

I am just like that... stuff like that would bother me... I would more than likely cleaning, before the cleaners came to clean. While I like our lawn service guys and they do a great job... For me that does not put them in keys and alarm codes to my house category, not unless you see them socially and even then. I would do a reference check on them just like hiring anyone to do work for me... does she work for a company or is it her own company with a business license or is it just 2 gals just cleaning houses.

My friend hired her sister in law - sister in law to clean house, she took a couple of CC and went shopping with it, as well she helped herself to some jewelry/ a Kate Spade and Dooney and Burke purse and clothing. Boy did that whole thing cause a lot of tension in her marriage and her sister in law's marriage and ******* with her inlaws... especially after the sister in law got arrested for CC theft, and other charges. They ( both set of in-laws) thought that they should have just done nothing and just let it go and let her have what she wanted... My friends husband is the one that went the route of pressing charges... then the sister in law to my friend found out that she ( the other sisters in law) had done the same thing to them... Then her husband was on board with pressing charges more charges.. It was a mess.

So for me I will just clean my own house. A lot less to worry about.

I pay $95 to clean a 2 bedroom condo every 4 weeks. It takes between 3-4 hours to clean. If she doesn't finish within the 4 hours she leaves me a list of what she didn't get to and I try to do that myself before the next cleaning.

I am just like that... stuff like that would bother me... I would more than likely cleaning, before the cleaners came to clean. While I like our lawn service guys and they do a great job... For me that does not put them in keys and alarm codes to my house category, not unless you see them socially and even then. I would do a reference check on them just like hiring anyone to do work for me... does she work for a company or is it her own company with a business license or is it just 2 gals just cleaning houses.

My friend hired her sister in law - sister in law to clean house, she took a couple of CC and went shopping with it, as well she helped herself to some jewelry/ a Kate Spade and Dooney and Burke purse and clothing. Boy did that whole thing cause a lot of tension in her marriage and her sister in law's marriage and ******* with her inlaws... especially after the sister in law got arrested for CC theft, and other charges. They ( both set of in-laws) thought that they should have just done nothing and just let it go and let her have what she wanted... My friends husband is the one that went the route of pressing charges... then the sister in law to my friend found out that she ( the other sisters in law) had done the same thing to them... Then her husband was on board with pressing charges more charges.. It was a mess.

So for me I will just clean my own house. A lot less to worry about.

uummmm, thanks for the price quote.

my lawn guy is practically like a nephew to us.

after doing all my own cleaning for 32 years my knees have had it. we decided we needed some help.

We don't have one right now, but this definitely gets me thinking maybe it's time to revisit the idea. Our lives are SO crazy busy, we struggle to find time to keep the house clean. May be money well spent...

We don't have one right now, but this definitely gets me thinking maybe it's time to revisit the idea. Our lives are SO crazy busy, we struggle to find time to keep the house clean. May be money well spent...

That's exactly how I feel about it. It is money well spent for us. It was stressful trying to find time to clean the house, so we often just didn't do it, and then when we finally did the dust was so thick it was like trying to clean The Haunted Mansion.

I used to have a wonderful cleaning lady. At the time I had a 3 b/r, 2.5 bth, full dining room and living room apt which in NYC is known as a classic 6. I paid her $125.00 @ week to come in every Friday and the same amount for extra days during the holidays when I tended to purge my excess "stuff".
She also worked for my oldest sister and cleaned 2 floors of her 3 story Victorian. My sister paid her 200.00 per visit and she came in twice a week.

$135 every two weeks for our 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath Colonial. Alternating weeks, they do a deeper clean in different areas of the house. I think there's two of them who come and are here around 2-3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter