Do you think DVC should be a little more open to people moving dates without penalty because of corona?

Line is busy exactly at 9 AM. I couldn't even get through last night. My neighbor said the same. Passholders line is busy too.

Problem with DVC is that if they give all these point back to folks and let them double bank possibly. Then over the next year there will be more points to use than rooms to use them on and that's not really fair play for all DVC members. I think they should give a non-DVC resort credit to the DVC folks. Or since trying to do comparable rooms for varying DVC point use (some might have a GV booked while others a studio...some might have standard AKV while others have theme park BLT)...maybe give a per point $$ credit to be used with Disney. Like a gift card. WOuld cover dining plans and annual passes or meals or regular CRO rooms. I'd be good with that (I say as someone who has a May trip booked).

David’s just posted this on their website:

David’s Vacation Club Rentals would like to assure you that in times of uncertainty surrounding travel, your safety and well being remain an important part of our thoughts.​
As an intermediary between our owners and our guests, the recent events surrounding COVID-19 have put us in a situation that affects us immensely. Our role as an intermediary is to ensure that both parties to the contract hold true to each and every word in the agreement. We protect guests against owners cancelling reservations and the reverse, we protect owners against guests cancelling reservations. It is these policies that have been the staple of our business model. Our NO CANCELLATION contract is the root of our success with owners and guests.​
We understand that you may be experiencing stress given the rapidly changing information on travel restrictions and cancelled or postponed public events. We want you to know that we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, keeping those who are affected in our hearts, and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from guests and owners. We are in the midst of determining what the Disney Vacation Clubs protocol is and how it will impact Owners points. Once we have this information we will be updating our website.​
Although our NO CANCELLATION contract is clear in every detail, we are willing to work with each and every guest who wishes not to travel. We promise to listen to your concerns and work with each contract to attempt to make changes that are acceptable to the both parties involved, the guest and the owner. While we can not guarantee a change to the agreement, this might involve a date change or the re-rental of the points to another guest therefore providing you with compensation. The success rate will be highly dependent on the owner’s willingness to change the agreement and the status of the points they have used to create the reservation contracted.​
Although our phone lines have become extremely busy and our in box full, know that you will be attended to in due time. Do not hesitate to reach out to us as we work through this unexpected situation.​
Thank you for your support and your loyalty. We will keep you updated through this dynamic situation as events change.​

Problem with DVC is that if they give all these point back to folks and let them double bank possibly. Then over the next year there will be more points to use than rooms to use them on and that's not really fair play for all DVC members. I think they should give a non-DVC resort credit to the DVC folks. Or since trying to do comparable rooms for varying DVC point use (some might have a GV booked while others a studio...some might have standard AKV while others have theme park BLT)...maybe give a per point $$ credit to be used with Disney. Like a gift card. WOuld cover dining plans and annual passes or meals or regular CRO rooms. I'd be good with that (I say as someone who has a May trip booked).
rooms are already booked up for when i want rebook for anyway. i'll end up going from a studio to 1bed that is available so i'm not clogging up rooms. most that reschedule will be doing so in that under 7 meh window where rooms are already booked up.

Our use year is June, so we would need to go by May 31 since we didn’t bank the points. If we move our March 22 reservation to July, are we still able to use those points? Not sure how the holding period works.

I’m supposed to check in tomorrow and I can’t get through. If I cancel today and put the points in holding, can they take them out?

I’m beyond frustrated. I told the wife yesterday that we should cancel but she was hell bent on going.

“I’m supposed to check in tomorrow and I can’t get through. If I cancel today and put the points in holding, can they take them out? “

100% with you, I’ve got a week longer than you to figure this out and my blood pressure is still through the roof, I’ve been calling since 9:00 and have yet to get anything but a busy signal. Supposed to be doing 8 nights in a grand villa starting 3/20, big chunk of points tied up in this from multiple years. No DVC specific communications have come out at all (even if just to tell us to sit tight while they put something together), which is frankly irresponsible as we know there are dedicated communication resources in DVC. Yes, I understand the risk of timeshares and that we may be out of luck completely, but there’s no way there wasn’t a worst case contingency plan put in place the last few weeks that included a communication plan. Even my veterinarian has sent update communications this week.

Pyotr, best of luck to you today! So far Disney has been kind to all guests and employees in this process, hopefully we can count on them to do something to do right by DVC members as well.

Our use year is June, so we would need to go by May 31 since we didn’t bank the points. If we move our March 22 reservation to July, are we still able to use those points? Not sure how the holding period works.

If your points expire at the end of May, you would need to get DVC to allow you to bank them to use in July,

It sounds like they have been very good with allowing this and taking points out of holding for members,

I agree and I said in one thread that depending on how many members they allow to unborrow points, bank beyond deadline, and avoid holding, they may need to put in the suspension of banking and borrowing down the road.

The only exception I think they have been a hard no on is banking points that are already banked.

I am just looking for my borrowed points to not go into holding so I can book an August trip With them. I am hoping the email I sent works to get things done vs waiting on hold

If I don’t get a response by next week, then I will bite the bullet and call

I agree and I said in one thread that depending on how many members they allow to unborrow points, bank beyond deadline, and avoid holding, they may need to put in the suspension of banking and borrowing down the road.

The only exception I think they have been a hard no on is banking points that are already banked.

I am just looking for my borrowed points to not go into holding so I can book an August trip With them. I am hoping the email I sent works to get things done vs waiting on hold

If I don’t get a response by next week, then I will bite the bullet and call
Yes - I just spoke to them. They were very flexible but emphasized that already banked points cannot be banked again.

I Just rescheduled my renter to May using the DVC Member web site and the leftover points automatically went back into my current use year with no holding (even though I had to check the box to confirm I understand the points will go into holding when I confirmed the reservation change).

Last edited:
I’m so confused. I ended up canceling my bookings online. My trip cost 160 points. My dashboard says 48 of them are in holding. Why did 48 go into holding while the others did not?

I’m so confused. I ended up canceling my bookings online. My trip cost 160 points. My dashboard says 48 of them are in holding. Why did 48 go into holding while the others did not?

Were any borrowed? Or banked? All mine are borrowed and I think it has to do with that.

Were any borrowed? Or banked? All mine are borrowed and I think it has to do with that.

Most were banked from last year. I was able to use 96 to book a room for June at Kidani. Our use year is October so I’ll have to find a way to use them before they expire. Looks like I’ll be doing a couple weekend studio trips this summer.

I just got an email back from David's that the owner is unwilling to refund ANYTHING. He is going on a cruise and doesn't have the time to call member services.

David's says their is nothing they can do.

Anyone that is a member have an opinion? Doesn't he get refunded automatically if we don't show up since the parks are closed (Our stay was March 15-22).

I just got an email back from David's that the owner is unwilling to refund ANYTHING. He is going on a cruise and doesn't have the time to call member services.

David's says their is nothing they can do.

Anyone that is a member have an opinion? Doesn't he get refunded automatically if we don't show up since the parks are closed (Our stay was March 15-22).
Yes, the reservation should automatically get cancelled so he will get all the points back. I guess the member ins't sailing on a Disney Cruise since they have been suspended.

Yes, the reservation should automatically get cancelled so he will get all the points back. I guess the member ins't sailing on a Disney Cruise since they have been suspended.

What do you recommend that I do? In this case, it looks like I have a crappy owner but I can't imagine David's knowing that he will be refunded and me still being left out to dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter