• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you sing along?

I ALWAYS sing along when I go see Off Kilter in the World Showcase. I have all of their albums and know the songs by heart. :lovestruc

I usually sing along while on POTC. How can you not sing "Yo ho yo ho, a pirates life for me!"? During the MNSSHP, the Burl Ives song "Ugly Bug Ball" came on over the speakers in Fantasyland. I sang and danced to the entire song. My poor best friend was so embarrassed :lmao:

It's true. I don't want to be a party pooper, but I can hear bad singing anytime I want -- at home.

When I go to a show, I want to hear someone do it right. And I hate to break it to all the would-be Disney Idols, but most of you don't fall into that category.

Thank you. Singing along is the vocal equivalent of flash photography on dark rides. Just say no.

Hmmmm lemme think..I sing on Splash Mountain (everbody's gotta laughin place..a laughin place..to go-o-o! :goodvibes ) Haunted Mansion (Grim grinning ghosts..come out to socalizeeee ) Winnie the Pooh (in every scence that has a song, LOL!) , The Enchanted Tiki Room, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin (I sing along to the music they have playing!), and of course, Carousel of Progress! :D Oh and in Epcot, Journey into imagination :) there's proabably more but those are the first i thought of!

Thank you. Singing along is the vocal equivalent of flash photography on dark rides. Just say no.

Hear, hear! A little head bopping and toe tapping is my limit for rides. Perhaps reservedly swinging an imaginary pint of ale in PoC. pirate:

Mouthing along and singing in my head (where I have a beautiful voice) during Philharmonic, Nemo and FOTLK is also where I draw the line. No one came to hear me and I didn't come to hear you.

I usually sing every song, but not loud enough for anyone to hear, or I just mouth the words. Singing is my happy place. I've never heard anyone else singing, either. I guess we're all singing at about the same level. Good thing the theaters are dark.

I think it's perfectly normal and common to sing along quietly to yourself below the volume of the music. If you're singing loudly, that's not at all appropriate.

When it comes to watching the movies at home I totally sing along, especially to Mulan, Lion King, and Aladdin. At the parks I don't really sing along with the exception maybe of things like Splash Mountain when only my family can hear me.

Tonight the family went to the zoo for a Halloween event and I taught the kids the Boo to You song and we sang out loud walking down the paths and then launched into This is Halloween fromTNBC!
I can't help but sing out loud (I really try my best to restrain myself in shows with live actors).

I sing along on Splash Mountain. It drives DD crazy!!!

I have been known to sleep during Lion King!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My dh just said, "if you want to sing, go to the Biergarten!" LOL

I sing - at home or in the car - No one else is subjected to my horrible voice.:)

I agree with the pp - my voice is really great in my head.

I have a huge Disney playlist on my IPOD. The entire flight down I listen to it to get myself in the Disney mood!

I ALWAYS sing along when I go see Off Kilter in the World Showcase. I have all of their albums and know the songs by heart. :lovestruc

I usually sing along while on POTC. How can you not sing "Yo ho yo ho, a pirates life for me!"? During the MNSSHP, the Burl Ives song "Ugly Bug Ball" came on over the speakers in Fantasyland. I sang and danced to the entire song. My poor best friend was so embarrassed :lmao:

I love Off Kilter> :lovestruc

I do it too. I love to do it during Finding Nemo the Musical and the Carousel of Progress most!

I sing along when invited - anytime when it's "everybody sing along!"

Carousel of Progress
Imagination with Figment
& at the end of the Lion King show when you sing "the lion sleeps tonight"

Otherwise, if I wanted to hum or sing along I'd do it quietly. I hate it when people sing loudly or talk to the narration in the rides so everyone can hear them, it really changes the experience and takes away the feeling that the show is for you - and is just plain annoying IMO whether the voice is a good one or not. If you want to sing where everyone can hear you, sign up for the American Idol Experience ;)

I will sing along quietly to attractions like CoP and Splash Mtn.
DH and I mouth the Haunted Mansion spiel.

A few times DH and I have been the only 2 in CoP so we sang along! But we would never do it loudly if others were around. :goodvibes

When at home, definitely!

At the parks, only Carousal of Progress and Splash Mountain, I think. My family might beg to differ. :]

Though, on the TTA I always have to say the "Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived." part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter