Do you need reservations for Rainforest Cafe?

Jlynn00

Earning My Ears
I will be at Disney May 16-23 and we have already made dining reservations for the California Grill and we were wanting to eat at the Rainforest Cafe, which one is better, Downtown Disney or Animal Kingdom? I have not been to either so I am not sure if there is a difference. Also, do we need advanced reservations to eat at Rainforest Cafe or is it a walk in type of a place? Thank you! We are really looking forward to our trip, we're trying to get as much info as possible! Thanks!

Rainforest is a chain rest. I believe so the food should be the same. I've been to the AK one several times and it was great every time. Any of the Disney rest. that are sit down you definately want to make reservations for. So yes make those ressies, ASAP so you will get the time you want them for.

When we ate there in December, I was able to get ressies the night before. But, I wouldnt want to try it again!! LOL

Better be safe than sorry!!

We walked in to the DTD one for lunch with no ADrs and about a 5 minute wait in August. We also walked into Beirgarten as well that trip for lunch.

For Rainforest without an ADR I would expect a wait similar to any chain restaurant (20 minutes), perhaps longer at the AK one then the DTD one.

We ate at the DTD one in 2008 and the people without ressies said there was a 3 to 4 hour walk-in wait.....We had ressies and still had about an hour wait.....I would make ADR for either.....you just never know!

Went to the one in AK Christmas-New Year's Eve week (08-09). Walked in at lunch time (12:30) without an ADR and waited 20 mins. If you are going for lunch then I wouldn't bother making one.

We are not the sort of make reservations type eaters.

But if we wanted to go to T Rex or Rainforest cafe and called ahead to get a time do we need to give a credit card number to make the reservation.

Will we pay a penalty if we ultimately can't make our ressies at all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter