• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you like Riverside or French Quarter?

POR Riverside! I've stayed at both, and there are no bad choices. But my pref is The mansions at POR.
All the mansions are along the river. Beautiful landscaping. I find it so peaceful strolling along the river paths.
Most buildings at POFQ are set back from the river, so unless you have a river view or are getting on the boat, or make a point of walking down to the river you never see it. I
I prefer the quick service restaurant at Riverside, and they have a great evening ententsiner in the evenings at River Roost. Also love seeing the horse & carridges and boats go by. As I mentioned, at POFQ you're a little removed unless in a river view room.
One other thing I prefer at POR is that they have quiet pools. I have adult children and don't always want to be at the main pool. Especially during the afternoon pool party. Many times I just want to relax on a lounge with a book, and have a quiet float in the pool. Sometimes I enjoy the main pool, get a drink and enjoy the hot tub.

We love POFQ and POR but we prefer French Quarter due to the small size. We love the food court at POR.

you obviously are going to get different opinions but I am going to have to vote for Riverside. Been there multiple times and every time we go by French Quarter the wife makes a comment on how much more she feels "immersed" by staying in Riverside compared To FQ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter