Do you know the best route from Dallas to WDW?

momo4

Earning My Ears
Since I am always ahead of the game- cough!- We are leaving tomorrow night. Does anyone know the best route to drive from Dallas/Ft. Worth (Arlington, actually) to WDW? Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
Thank you all !!!!

:p :p :p

Head east until you see the ocean. Then head south until you reach Port Caneral. Then head west until you see signs to WDW.

Hey again!!!!

I would probably take 20 to Shreveport then head to Lafayette on 49 (I think). Take 10 to Baton Rouge, switch for a while to 12 (this avoids New Orleans - unless you want to stop for a night in N'awlins) and then hits 10 again around Slidell I think. Stay on 10 until you get to 75 in Florida and take that down. Someone else can help better on 75 to WDW. Listed below is the Louisiana map with those roads on it.

http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/LA1.htm

Alternately from here, you can take 20 to Tyler and then 69 down to Beaumont where you hit 10, or take 45 from Dallas to Houston and hit 10. Of those two I would do 69, but I have family in East Texas and travel 69 quite a bit.

Of all those three, unless I had a reason to go the last two, I would probably do the first one through Shreveport.

Hope you got your pins. Have a great trip.

I already posted on your other question on Disney Family. But we either take I-49 from Shreveport and down to I-10/12 or I-20 to Jackson MS, then HWY 49 to Hattiesburg, then HWY 98 to Mobile, hop on I-65 to avoid downtown Mobile and get over to I-10. Spend the night in Daphne AL, just across the bay from Mobile (when we leave after school, instead of first thing in the AM). Then bop on over to WDW the next day.

We did leave Shreveport at Midnight one time, took the route through MS, got to Mobile about 7AM and got into WDW about 4PM. Not bad, we were able to check into the AKL and relax there before we hit the parks the next AM, bright and early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter