• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have a "never again" list? Which restaurants are on it and why?

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
Ours is short, only 2 places: 'Ohana and HDDR

-'Ohana: Terrible service, dry overcooked food, only liked the shrimp - but never saw anyone to get more. Dinner took almost 4 hours. :headache:

-HDDR: Just didn't like it that much. Got very sick after eating there. :sick:

Tusker House breakfast. Bad service, lousy attitude of Photopass photog, hot building, rushed characters. Good juice but not worth the hassle.

I probably wouldn't do Tony's again but it's not an absolute no go for me.

Only one: WCC

In reality, it wasn't terrible, in that it didn't make us sick, our server didn't kick us in the shins, and we received basically what we ordered, but it just wasn't a match for our palates or personalities. With so many fun places in WDW at which we want to dine, both that we already know we enjoy and that we know we want to try in the future, we just see no reason to go back.

Citricos for Thanksgiving!

A turkey medallion the size of a 1/2 dollar, and a bakery frosting squirt of potato with 2 green beans was not my idea of a Thanksgiving meal. I went straight from there to the Grab and Go and the Contemporary, which had better food options.

Unfortunately, I have not been to Citricos for a real meal, but after that experience, I wont chance it, even if it does get good reviews.

Another bad food place was Tusker House for breakfast. I will go back, however, for the characters and my daughter enjoyment. Ill stick with juice and a muffin.

Gross, where's Lotus Blossom?

Note to self: Add Lotus Blossom to my "never" list.

Hollywood & Vine is a definitely not...dinner food was good, but service was not and it was very loud/crowded in there. Tried breakfast recently--awful service and very limited buffet selection make it extremely over-priced for breakfast. Has Crystal Palace buffet the day before for $5 less per person and it was far, far better.

Kouzzina is a probably not. Terrible service & so-so food.

Mine will make many reservation hunters happy. Ours is Kona, specifically for breakfast, but breakfast was so bad that dinner is never a priority of ours either.

The Tonga Toast was bad (and the grease from it gave me an upset stomach), the omelet was strictly average at best (nothing that I couldn't get at Denny's) and the server was so thrilled to meet the family sitting behind us (who was from her hometown) that we ceased to exist.

We won't be back for breakfast, and aren't rushing to try their dinner anytime soon.

H&V for dinner. Breakfast and lunch have been fine, fairly bare bones but not inedible. Unlike dinner.

Pizza Planet.

The Spirit of Aloha show

Others on *my* personal never again list but, in the democracy of our family I have been outvoted on: WCC and CM. At least the parmesan potatoes at CM will see me through ... unless they've been dxed or the recipe changed which would be typical.

-'Ohana: Terrible service, dry overcooked food, only liked the shrimp - but never saw anyone to get more. Dinner took almost 4 hours. :headache:

Those are two of our MUST visit every trip restaurants. lol. I guess it just different strokes for different folks. I don't know if I'd do Akershus dinner again. Bad service there and only so so food. I didn't like my meal, but dh had something pretty good. I'd never pay out of pocket to eat there! It's outrageously expensive for what you get!

Crowne and Rose! DH lives fish and chips and these were awful. My meal wasn't so great, either. Add that to a server we never saw, and we'll stick to the loads if other options in Epcot WS!

Chef Mickey's breakfast.

First time we ate there was great, this past time (March 2010) was HORRID! Unfortunately it's my kids most favorite restaurant in all of Disney, so we have to go there. Luckily DH can live on Mickey Waffles and I am happy with their cold bar selections. Neither of us will go near the eggs/hash browns/bacon, etc.

We've eaten at almost every place at WDW now and there are 3 currently on the no return list.

1. Yak n Yeti. We've eaten here twice and just don't like it. I do believe they have removed the pho from the menu, which ties for the worst dish I've ever had at WDW.

2. WCC. We just don't like the food and combined with the antics, it's too much. We've dined here twice and were miserable both times.

3. Kouzzina. Horribly slow service and the other dish that ties for the worst I've ever eaten at WDW. We have a rule that we have to have 2 bad experiences before a place goes on the "list" but this one was so bad that we have no desire to go back for a second visit.

I don't have anything that I would NEVER do again but I had some really bad service at CP the last time I was there and had 2nd thoughts about going again this trip but I love Pooh and the vibe is just do great. So I'll give it one more chance.

HDDR - worst Disney experience ever...

There are a few other probably nots, but the only way someone could get me to go back to HDDR is to pay me the money I was out the first time...and even then, I'd hesitate (but at least I'd have my money back).

'Ohana would make my list too. We also had horrible service, and it felt like we were rushed through the experience since we were a party of 2 taking up the servers time and table. The food was not very good either.

Le Cellier- My hubby and I both didn't think it was worth the hype it receives. It food was ok, but the atmosphere was a little too loud and busy for both of us.

I'm glad other people have had wonderful experiences at both restaurants, but lucky for us there are many other places to enjoy!

Toy Story Pizza Planet Mama Celeste's pizza sitting in the sun for three days, re-frozen and then cooked with a hairdryer would have tasted better than the swill this place calls pizza. And you'd be better off making a salad out of the greens Disney has been developing for NASA over at The Land over the last 28 years.

Rose and Crown Our server was a sweetheart, but the food was... how do I put it? It was like eating a box of dried potato flakes and powdered gravy reconstituted with grease. And contrary to popular opinion, I think British pub fare done well is fabulously delicious. But you won't find it here.

San Angel Inn Though its atmosphere is contagious, it's food is too. But where the view might fill you with peace and tranquility, the food might put you in bed for 24 hours. If you don't balk at the prices, you may react negatively to the poorly prepared food. Their tex-mex is fine after a few drinks, but their attempts at traditional cuisine are another story. The mole had my stomach doing the mexican hat dance all night and the next day. It even destroyed my theme park plans the next day. So, admire from afar, but for a better experience, go to La Cava del Tequila for a safer and tastier time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter