• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have a large master bathroom?

My house was built in 1983 and has a very large master suite. Its one of the reasons I bought it, I was single and loved the master suite. The configuration is a weird 80s one that I think is absolutely perfect...

As you walk in from the bedroom, there are 2 walk-in closets, one for linens, other a spare - one on each side, The double sinks are on each side of those walls, so have their own vanities. As soon as you open the french doors from the bedroom, you're looking at the jacuzzi tub with a huge window over it - and it has 2 steps up, which means you're probably going to fall getting in and out but that's a whole other story. On one side of that is a wc and the other and walk in shower. To the left is the proper master closet, which could be converted to a bedroom (it is in another house in my neighborhood), and that's when I knew that was a house for a single girl. I didn't need another random flipping guest room, a huge closest ALL FOR ME? Its awesome. Love the layout. When my ex husband moved in I didn't have to share a closet since I had the spare one and it was no problem.

Mine is soooo cramped and tiny.;)

master-bath-14-850x650.jpg

DH's bathroom is so much larger and more luxurious.

Actually, I have a much more modest bath, but it's a good size. Separate soaking tub and walk-in shower, double sink vanity, small closet. The toilet isn't in its own little room.

You're so brave. Stay strong. lol

Nope, we don't even have a master bath just one bathroom upstairs and one in the basement. I wish we had a bathroom on the main floor more than I wish we had a master bath. I suppose it's one of the quirks of a 1920's house.

For master bath would you rather:

A. Have a soaking tub (nothing large)

B. A make-up station with lighting and extra cabinets

There is a tub in the main bathroom located on the same floor.

Now I think some of ya'll'd say mine is a waste of space since it's just me, but I love having all that space, as I spend the most time in my bedroom area. This way it somewhat gets used, which I can't say about my loft (seperated by going through the garage) which I haven't gone into in months.

Additional benefit of larger space.... it's easier to navigate a wheelchair... especially turning around.

Now I think some of ya'll'd say mine is a waste of space since it's just me, but I love having all that space, as I spend the most time in my bedroom area. This way it somewhat gets used, which I can't say about my loft (seperated by going through the garage) which I haven't gone into in months.
Good point. When we were house shopping we were shocked at how huge some of the master suites and bathrooms were. Seems like a waste of space. Shocked because we spend most of our waking hours in the Family Room and kitchen, not the bedroom. But if you hang out a lot in the bedroom, I can see why the space would be nice.

Mine is very small. I live in a house built in the 60s when that wasn't a thing.
Mine was built 100 years ago. I'm lucky it even has a bathroom. We have four bedrooms, one bath. Pedestal sink, claw foot tub. We put a shower in the basement. But you should see my kitchen. It's even more basic than my bathroom lol

We have a large master bath....love it.
Water closet, walk in closet, 2 large sink areas, garden tub and walk in shower

This sounds about like what we have. It's nice but the tub has never been used in the 5 years we've lived here. I guess it's a nice optical if we ever decide to sell the house.

I agree. Mine isn't super large, but if I could only tell you how many times I've looked at that big tub and wished that space could be used for something elsewhere in the house. More space in my living room, a place to put the treadmill, a pantry, etc. For the last 18 years it has pretty much just held my clothes drying rack!
My kids rooms could be a square foot bigger, the loft just a little wider, the hall closet twice as big. Yep, I think about that all the time. What's crazy is that as large as the bathroom is the shower is small. Like if we were larger people we couldn't turn around in it.

For master bath would you rather:

A. Have a soaking tub (nothing large)

B. A make-up station with lighting and extra cabinets

There is a tub in the main bathroom located on the same floor.
C. None of the above-I'd take the extra cabinets I suppose but my make up is tinted BB cream and mascara so a make up station would be a waste. I could live without a tub at all.

We have a huge master suite, including a huge bathroom. The bath is ~12'x20', not including the 12'x10' dressing area and 14'x17' master closet. It's insane. We have 2 sinks/vanities, a big jacuzzi, and a walk-in closet within the bath (in addition to the big one for clothes). BUT...it's a waste of space. It's laid out weird--the shower is surprisingly small, there's very little space to hang towels, and the whole thing is tiled really terribly. And my kids use the jacuzzi more often than I do. When we hit Lotto, I'd love to do a to-the-studs remodeling. The house has other weird features--like the huge kitchen with a teeny tiny oven. Also, the dressing area has beveled mirrors--who does that? It was built in 1967, and was the neighborhood's builder's house. So, it has lots of space, closets, outlets, and other nice features. But, it does need updating.

C. None of the above-I'd take the extra cabinets I suppose but my make up is tinted BB cream and mascara so a make up station would be a waste. I could live without a tub at all.

Can't have all cabinets due to a window getting in the way. :D

But I would like a nice make up area with good lighting. Our current lighting is awful!

Can't have all cabinets due to a window getting in the way. :D

But I would like a nice make up area with good lighting. Our current lighting is awful!
Then I would take that. Big tubs are just dust collectors to me. We've had one in each of three houses and never used them. The exception was my younger two used it when they were little since there was no water pressure in their bathroom.

We have a huge master suite, including a huge bathroom. The bath is ~12'x20', not including the 12'x10' dressing area and 14'x17' master closet. It's insane. We have 2 sinks/vanities, a big jacuzzi, and a walk-in closet within the bath (in addition to the big one for clothes). BUT...it's a waste of space. It's laid out weird--the shower is surprisingly small, there's very little space to hang towels, and the whole thing is tiled really terribly. And my kids use the jacuzzi more often than I do. When we hit Lotto, I'd love to do a to-the-studs remodeling. The house has other weird features--like the huge kitchen with a teeny tiny oven. Also, the dressing area has beveled mirrors--who does that? It was built in 1967, and was the neighborhood's builder's house. So, it has lots of space, closets, outlets, and other nice features. But, it does need updating.
Oh yeah, there's room for one shower bar in my master math, across the room from the shower!

No. My house is 100 years old. My "master bedroom" is probably smaller than most 4th and 5th bedrooms in many DISer's homes :rotfl2:.

ETA: We also don't have a "master bath". There is just the bathroom. The ONE and ONLY bathroom. In the whole house.

Mine is soooo cramped and tiny.;)

master-bath-14-850x650.jpg

DH's bathroom is so much larger and more luxurious.

Actually, I have a much more modest bath, but it's a good size. Separate soaking tub and walk-in shower, double sink vanity, small closet. The toilet isn't in its own little room.

I am usually not into bathrooms, but DANG !!! that is really beautiful!. And you need to adopt my butt. lol

My house is from the 60's. I always think if I play the lottery(which I don't) how I imagine of changing it. But I have a small bathroom off my bedroom with enclosed shower.

Mine is weird. There's an archway from the master bedroom to a double sink. The toilet and shower/tub combo are in a little room to the side. It feels a little hotel-ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter