• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you get along with your Brothers and Sisters ?

I get along amazingly with both my sister (I'm 12yrs older) and my brother(I'm 11 yrs older). I am proud of them and I tend to be very motherly with them, but I realize they are grown and I love spending time with them. As a matter of fact going to Disney World with my DSis and my Kids in 13 days!! Can't wait!

I have one brother that is 2 years older. We are very close. I have two little brothers that are 16 and 17 years younger with my dad and step-mom. Now that they are adults we are sibling close. When they were younger I was more like a favorite aunt than sister.

I'm the oldest of 4 and we all get along great. My youngest brother lives in Toronto so I only see him once or twice a year but we text every so often. My other siblings live in the same city and we don't go more than three weeks without seeing each other.

I'm the oldest of five (2 brothers; 2 sisters) and we all get along very well. :)

Youngest of 6, only girl and there are only 5 years between me and the oldest no twins. I have a couple of brothers I'm close with, one I wouldn't give water to in the dessert (the oldest) and two I'm just o.k. with and offer to trade to other people who need brothers. One of my brother's actually lives in a house that I own, my parents used to live there but I bought it and pay the mortgage and he and his wife are unemployed so they don't pay me rent. Dumb I know since they have trashed the house and I'll be lucky I can sell it for just the land it sits on when they actually move out. They were supposed to pay rent but both of them lost their jobs and I didn't have the heart to kick them out.

Yes, I have two brothers. One 10 months 14 days older (my Irish twin) and one four years younger (he's my person). We talk daily and couldn't imagine my life without them. Also I now have two SILs who have joined our craziness and a BFF that everyone just assumes is my mothers the fourth child. Our party of three is now a wonderful party of 8!

I have an older brother that was 2 years older than me. We were not close, had not spoken in several years, and he was killed in a car accident earlier this year.

I have a younger brother that is 6 years younger, we are very close. We live about 5 minutes away from each other and our families see each other often. We vacation together every other year.

One older sister- we rarely talk or see one another, but get along on the occasions that we do. We're very different people, leading very different lives, so it seems we don't have too much in common other than genetics. It doesn't help that she and our mother do not have a good relationship.

One thing I hope for my children is that they will all enjoy one another when they get older. I hope they have each other to lean on for support and friendship when they are adults. I'd love to see their children all getting along as I did with my cousins.

I have one sister, I'm the oldest by nearly three years. When we were kids and teenagers we fought like cats and dogs, a few times even had some knock down drag out fistfights. But along the way we grew up and now she is my best friend in all the world. I mean, she is seriously the person I'm closest to. We do a lot together and we take our Sisters Trips to WDW every two years or so together and have a blast. I love her so much.

I'm on only child (and so is DH)
Just reading the thread because we have 3 kids DS-9 and then b/g twin 3 year olds. They all adore each other so much now, I hope that we can continue to foster that as they get older!

Yes. I'm closer to my sister than my brother, but we're pretty tight despite living far apart.

I have a younger sister and our personalities are polar opposites to each other. We don't talk often or see each other more than a couple times a year but we tend to get along well.

We get along but I limit contact. She has this thing my dad calls verbal diharrea where she just talks and talks and talks endlessly and never lets anyone else get a word in edgewise. It's honestly annoying so I don't enjoy her phone calls very much.

I have a brother 3 years older than me. We didn't get along that much growing up, in our preteen-teenage years as he was kind of a jerk, I was kind of a drama queen. We havent spoken in 6 years.
I have a brother 2 years younger. He did not get along that great with my older brother growing up. See above but substitute pest for drama queen. They also haven't spoken in 6 years.
Older brothers choice not to talk to us, and we don't really know why.

However, I adore my younger brother, always have, always will. We are the best of friends and see each other once a week. He's awesome!

Sounds a lot like my family. I have an older (4 years) brother and a younger (4 years) sister. He was kind of the same way as your brother growing up but I just chalked that up to him being older. My sister and I always got along and still do. We do not see each other a lot but when we do we have good time. Whenever we would see our brother we got along fine but just seems like he preferred to alone and really not deal with family. Never wanted to share any of his life with anyone. As example my sister and I found out on facebook (through his wife's page) that they had sold their company and were moving to California. Neither one of them called to tell us anything about it. when we were little our parents divorced and he was bitter and never wanted to have anything to do with our father or be anything like him. My sister and I did not either but that was because I was 4 and my sister was a newborn and our father stayed in Pa. and we were in Ga. Ironically I found out not to long ago (on facebook) through a long lost cousin still in Pa. that my brother was exactly like my father in keeping things to himself.

Sorry for being so long winded

Third of four girls. Like any pack of women, we've had squabbles from time to time, but we still get along. Most of the time. :)

I'm 20 years younger than my brother & sister, they were grown & out of the house by the time I came along. I was always very fond of them, and was sad when my brother passed away earlier this year. My sister is one of the best people I know. We live a couple of hundred miles apart, so I don't see her often. We definitely get along though.

I have a younger brother, we don't speak and if I have anything to do with it, never will.

I adore my sisters (both younger)
They are incredible, talented women and amazing moms. I seriously admire and learn from them so much.
We all live in different states so we don't see each other nearly often enough, but they mean the world to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter