• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever purchase snacks off-site?

We go to Publix every trip. We buy at least a case of water, beer, sandwich stuff, chips, breakfast food, etc. I'm not paying the WDW prices for items I can buy so easily somewhere else. Not to mention I can get the brands I like.

Just ordered from Garden Grocer. I love Disboards. I never knew these things :) Got a ton of stuff to save some $$ :goodvibes

I think you missed the reason for minnie mum posting what she did. Some have apparently missed out on the OP's reading entertainment he has blessed some of us with the last day regarding the Boardwalk resort, a free trip, the wasteful spending of money on club level.............it has gone on trust me. Look for his recent postings and the threads that have been closed.;)
Yup! Missed it, LOL. So Minnie Mom doesn't have "more money that common sense" according to the OP?

Garden Grocers rock! We used them in October for water, drinks and snacks. A little pricey, but totally worth it!

I think you missed the reason for minnie mum posting what she did. Some have apparently missed out on the OP's reading entertainment he has blessed some of us with the last day regarding the Boardwalk resort, a free trip, the wasteful spending of money on club level.............it has gone on trust me. Look for his recent postings and the threads that have been closed.;)

You're welcome. It's a shame people had to get so out of hand on a few other threads I started.

blackacex2 said:
You're welcome. It's a shame people had to get so out of hand on a few other threads I started.

I don't think "people" were the problem.

jdcthree said:
I don't think "people" were the problem.

For the record- I have done nothing in this thread to take it off topic, but several others have felt the need to do so, yourself included. Disagreements don't need to be spread over multiple threads. Move on.

blackacex2 said:
For the record- I have done nothing in this thread to take it off topic, but several others have felt the need to do so, yourself included. Disagreements don't need to be spread over multiple threads. Move on.

You were talking about people getting out of hand on other threads you started, and I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with snacks. I didn't take your thread off topic. I simply responded to your direct quote. You may want to cool it a little before you get kicked off the boards. Seriously - I'm not saying that to be rude, just a word of caution. I'm sure you enjoy the Dis and would like to stick around.

Last we went we had a stroller (so put them in the back) so we took a few bottles of powerade. We would ask for a cup of ice and pour it over. Usually filled two glasses with one bottle. Since it was August everyone was happy!!

We stop at my favorite store while we are in Orlando -- GFS- and buy my favorite cases of water. (absopure).
and stop at Target for breakfast items..and things I forgot (which is a regular occurence.) lol. :)

For those who like to stop and pick up a few things before checking in, the Winn Dixie on Apopka-Vineland is one of the closest stores. Very good selection of most things, and also is close to a Walgeens.

OP- you remind me very much of another Diser that many of us remember well. Are you related to Mickey McButterpants?

For those who like to stop and pick up a few things before checking in, the Winn Dixie on Apopka-Vineland is one of the closest stores. Very good selection of most things, and also is close to a Walgeens.

OP- you remind me very much of another Diser that many of us remember well. Are you related to Mickey McButterpants?

It sounds kinda cultish that there are "many of you" that "remember somebody well". Was he a horrid outsider that had to be shunned to never never land?

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Yes! I knew he reminded me of someone. At least he hasn't referenced his "essence."

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Yes! I knew he reminded me of someone. At least he hasn't referenced his "essence."

Are you stalking me? I haven't said ANYTHING that is anywhere near what you are describing. Of course that doesn't matter, because making fun of people on the DIS boards apparently gives you too much satisfaction to pass up the opportunity to malign someone's character.

Are you stalking me? I haven't said ANYTHING that is anywhere near what you are describing. Of course that doesn't matter, because making fun of people on the DIS boards apparently gives you too much satisfaction to pass up the opportunity to malign someone's character.

It was a joke in reference to the OTHER screen name Minnie Mum had brought up, the comment had nothing to do with you. And for the record, no I'm not stalking you. I've been on the boards and quite active on may different boards on the Dis for YEARS. Long before you showed up.

Ok folks. Final warning. Keep the threads on topic and let's end the silliness.

Starting now. Thank you.

We have ordered from Garden Grocer many times. I also bring along a few things in my suitcase--granola bars, fruit snacks, and other things that are small and travel well.

We fly Southwest, so we normally just pack what we need food-wise in a suitcase (or two).

This last trip we were able to take the following (for a 5 day trip)

• 12 cans of Monster energy drink (triple bagged, and put back into their original cases, and bagged again)
  • 2 boxes of pop tarts
  • 1 box clif bars
  • 1 box breakfast granola bars
  • 30 packs of fruit snacks
  • 3 cans pringles
  • Jar of PB
  • Jar of Jelly
  • mio water flavoring
  • 2 nalgene bottles
  • those delicious little pretzel sticks with the cheese dip well on the end!

Plus we were able to fit all of our sunscreen, glow sticks, misc. toiletries, and ponchos into the food suitcase.

Our local grocery store doubles coupons, plus offers 5% off grocery shopping days (on top of sales prices) so it's a no brainer to get the food here and pack it since we have the luggage allowance!

My daughter went down for Spring Break from MSU (Go Green:thumbsup2) last year and stayed at Pop Century. I shipped a box of snacks UPS to her and it wasn't very expensive at all. UPS said it was even cheaper because I was shipping to a business. When she checked in the cast member told her to wait a min. and went in the back and got her box of goodies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter