Do you drink alcohol in WDW?

My hubby, for some unknown reason, are discussing drinking in Walt Disney World. I have been known to put back some beers, but for some reason in Disney, I barely drink. Last trip I drank a little bit more often...margaritas were too good lol....just wondering what other parents do in WDW?

We will typically have a drink or two at the resort or by the pool as long as we are not planning on driving. If it is F&W or we are in Epcot, we may have a drink or two with dinner, but never more than that. For us, it is about family and spending time so it has always been minimal as well.

A margarita from Mexico is usually shared as we visit the countries.

We will typically have a drink or two at the resort or by the pool as long as we are not planning on driving. If it is F&W or we are in Epcot, we may have a drink or two with dinner, but never more than that. For us, it is about family and spending time so it has always been minimal as well.

A margarita from Mexico is usually shared as we visit the countries.

One of the BEST things about Disney - staying at a Disney resort means NO DRIVING!

My hubby, for some unknown reason, are discussing drinking in Walt Disney World. I have been known to put back some beers, but for some reason in Disney, I barely drink. Last trip I drank a little bit more often...margaritas were too good lol....just wondering what other parents do in WDW?

I was a good girl last trip and didn't consume a drop of alcohol.

But I am pregnant. So I didn't have much of a choice.

Yes, I do enjoy grown up drinks, otherwise.

Dh will get beer. I don't think I ever had a drink at the parks. Although I want to try this grey goose wine slushy or whatever it is. I do at the resort. I love the Pina coladas.

yes - yes we do - we have three kids - and we get garden grocer w/beer & wine so that we can relax on the deck while the kids watch movies and fall asleep - it's relaxing to be a little 'adult' while still having to be w/the kids

and we love trying out both different foods & beverages in epcot and hs - not enough to get out of control - but again it's relaxiing to try a champagne flight while my husband takes the kids on RnRC or a glass of wine while they're on MS -

it's something different & it feels very European for someone from Jersey

Absolutely! It just costs more ;)

At the beginning of the week, I had some nice wine with my dinner at California Grill. By the end of the week with 4 kids and my mother in a scooter, I was drinking a strong Mai Tai, had a couple of those. :thumbsup2::yes::

Yes. Though I've never had more than one or two per 4-day visit.

Well, not on my next trip, but then I'm going with my tee totaling mom and mostly to MK.

If mommy doesn't get her Grey Goose slush in France in EPCOT, it is not a good EPCOT day for anyone. ;)

Seriously though, we have no problem drinking in moderation in front of DD. I do not expect her to be a teetotaler when she grows up and I want her to learn how to drink responsibly when she is an adult. That is how my parents raised me and I was always the responsible one in college while my friends whose parents told them drinking was bad and made a big deal about it and never drank in front of them went wild and I had to literally pick one up off the floor several times. I will have a drink or two on EPCOT days and DH will have a couple of beers. I've been known to have a Yak Attack at AK too. I also don't think twice about ordering a margarita at dinner on a weekend at home when DD is with us.

Yes. Hubby and I have a drink or two while we are on vacation at Disney. It's our vacation too, and we have permission to enjoy ourselves a bit, but we stay responsible and don't over do it. There's nothing wrong with having a drink or two in front of the kids.

Dh and I had date night downtown Disney last year and consumed our fair share of beverages! The saying of the night was "put it in the mouse!", which meant put it on the magic band and worry about it later! We had a great time and it was nice that our oldest (18) watched the youngest (6) and allowed us that night out! We didn't drink in the parks at all with the girls, but mostly because we didn't think to and we're not big drinkers anyway. But this year, the oldest is allowing us another night out and my husband and I will make a very feeble attempt to drink around the world while the girls pig out on pizza at the resort! I'm guessing we'll make it to....2 countries!

I too have a beer, or glass of wine with dinner, but with kids it's not easy to grab more than that! I did have a much aniticipated margarita at Epcot. I wasnt going to, but my hubby insisted since i was talking about getting one before we were even on vacation. It was really good, but I like to enjoy my adult beverage and relax, but with kids it's not such an easy feat!

I am planning on having a drink or 2 on the upcoming trip. I don't have to drive and can behave responsibly (not act ridiculously) when I drink. My MIL is coming with us and is watching my son one night. My H and I are planning on grabbing a couple of drinks at EPCOT that evening. Can't wait!

Yep, although usually only a beer with dinner.

There was one year my wife and I got a little buzzed at Raglan Road a few years back, while the kids hung out with their cousins at the resort. Yay for the bus!

Wine with dinner if it's a sit down, and I love my first Epcot beer on a hot August day in Germany, nothing tastes better!

Dh and I aren't bug drinkers. He drinks more then me and that isn't saying much.

Occasionally he will get a drink in Mexico or a beer in Germany or a drink at the pool bar at the poky. What holds him back is the price. So when we went in 2013, he drank tea and water.

So I guess we don't. The only good thing is that we take disney transportation so no drinking and driving fir us.

We have a drink or two each per day at Disney. I really love the Shakin Jamaican! ❤️❤️❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter