Do you display US flags or have red, white and blue out?

You guys are making me feel guilty for not putting up a flag all year. I'm a patriotic person, but I'm also kind of lazy when it comes to that sort of stuff. I struggle to get my Christmas tree up before Christmas and then leave it up until the end of January. :sad2:

I respect my country and those who fought for our freedom. We display our pride for our country all year long whether it offends people are not. But, not quite sure why people would live in this country if they are offended by it. Fortunately flags fly everywhere in the place that I live.

'Merica

p.s. not sure if this counts but we also blow up a watermelon every year.

You guys are making me feel guilty for not putting up a flag all year. I'm a patriotic person, but I'm also kind of lazy when it comes to that sort of stuff. I struggle to get my Christmas tree up before Christmas and then leave it up until the end of January. :sad2:

This is why I do bunting, the sentiment is unmistakable but I feel no sense of responsibility to keep up with all the rules. There are a lot of flag rules, no bunting rules or red white and blue flower rules, no rules about putting a little red white and blue bow out on a mailbox or a wreath out on the front door either so I do these alternatives instead.

Yes. We put flags up on the front porch, back porch, mailbox, garage, and we have a large flagpole in the front yard as well to fly one higher. We fly them all year long because despite our country’s many failings we still live in the greatest country on earth. On Memorial Day we add small flags in the yard. We hang a state flag and a Christian flag on our yard flagpole as well, underneath the US flag
Dito Dito - correct!
Yes, our country is far from perfect, no country is, but I love it and even with it's imperfections, I do not want to live elsewhere. I would not stay here if I hated it.

I have a few small US flags in flower pots around my house. For a week or so around July 4 I display a larger US flag on a pole with the bracket attached to the porch pillar. Other times it has a seasonal flag.

I suppose I don’t follow etiquette, the flags are displayed 24/7 in all kinds of weather.

I don't display any flags outside or indoors.

As for clothing, I don't have those cheesy t-shirts with American eagles and lightning on them. Or wacky red/white/blue tricolored clothing. "Patriotacky" would be a good word for these.

There's a fine line between patriotism and nationalism. Everyone's standards and/or comfort level are different. I get offended when someone accuses me of not loving my country (and is often followed by a directive to leave the US) because I don't have the same standard of outwardly displaying it as they do. Yet I serve my community through my occupation and often the people making comments to me do not.

There's a fine line between patriotism and nationalism. Everyone's standards and/or comfort level are different. I get offended when someone accuses me of not loving my country (and is often followed by a directive to leave the US) because I don't have the same standard of outwardly displaying it as they do. Yet I serve my community through my occupation and often the people making comments to me do not.
You are correct to be offended by that, there is no need to show anything. I like my things but don't look around my corner of the world and think anything at all of those who don't do as I do. In fact, I'm quite certain that many who serve are probably very quiet about it at home for safety reasons & rightly so.

There is a big difference between celebrating a way of life and thinking it's ok to trample those who go another way, but this is an ancient human issue not a new one owned by one particular group. Seems to me bigotry is as old as time and rears its ugly head everywhere in all sorts of '-isms.'

Nope. No flags and we don't generally decorate for holidays. My house does have a flag pole mounted near the garage, but we have never used it.

Patriotism..some people love this country… I know that’s shocking to some people, but even the haters won’t leave.

There's a fine line between patriotism and nationalism, and I suspect I'm not alone among those who don't fly the flag in feeling that line is crossed with increasing (and deliberate) frequency over recent years. There's also a lot of ground between love and hate, no matter how much the "patriots" in discussions like this one want to pretend there isn't.

And the whole "just leave" thing is the most ridiculous red herring. Many things tie people to a place that have nothing to so with their feelings about the governance or culture of that place - I live in a state I don't particularly like because our family ties are here and we believe those ties involve some two-way responsibilities that we are unwilling/unable to just abandon - and immigration in the modern world is an extremely expensive, time consuming and uncertain process involving barriers erected to keep people of ordinary means from being able to easily relocate. That is just as true of leaving the US as it is about getting into it.

There's a fine line between patriotism and nationalism, and I suspect I'm not alone among those who don't fly the flag in feeling that line is crossed with increasing (and deliberate) frequency over recent years. There's also a lot of ground between love and hate, no matter how much the "patriots" in discussions like this one want to pretend there isn't.

And the whole "just leave" thing is the most ridiculous red herring. Many things tie people to a place that have nothing to so with their feelings about the governance or culture of that place - I live in a state I don't particularly like because our family ties are here and we believe those ties involve some two-way responsibilities that we are unwilling/unable to just abandon - and immigration in the modern world is an extremely expensive, time consuming and uncertain process involving barriers erected to keep people of ordinary means from being able to easily relocate. That is just as true of leaving the US as it is about getting into it.
I fly the flag to honor those that have served this country. Whether or not they served or died for a good reason is irrelevant. How I feel about anything is also irrelevant. It’s as simple as that.

bcf36327-bce5-4af6-8122-3b9beba0404f_3.a13e265858b07b52ff46ee724586b094.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter