• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

do you bring food to eat in the motel room? I need ideas!!

From Southwest:
As some of our other snack items may contain peanut particles, peanut oil, or have been packaged in a peanut facility, Customers who have allergic reactions to eating/ingesting peanuts should read the ingredients on any packaged snack before consumption. Of course, all Customers are welcome to bring their own snacks with them.

Southwest cannot prevent other Customers from bringing peanuts or products containing peanuts onboard our flights. In addition, Southwest cannot give assurances that remnants of peanuts and/or peanut dust/oil will not remain on the aircraft floor, seats, or tray tables from flights earlier in the aircraft’s routing.

Yes...but they do announce to please refrain from openign peanut products during the fligh tif possible. They can't make you not eat it but as my friends said...common courtesy...it's not a hard thing to do

Does anyone remember how much the half gallons of milk cost at the resorts? Thanks! Also, do the resorts carry small containers of soy milk?

I'm going to move this over to our resort board to continue the discussion.

Southwest cannot prevent other Customers from bringing peanuts or products containing peanuts onboard our flights. In addition, Southwest cannot give assurances that remnants of peanuts and/or peanut dust/oil will not remain on the aircraft floor, seats, or tray tables from flights earlier in the aircraft’s routing.

In other words, YOU bear the responsibility of determining whether or not environmental peanut detritus (EPD) poses a threat to you.

:thumbsup2

We are five (me, DH, DS10, DS8, DD6) so one of our suitcases is dedicated to food on the way down (and souvenirs on the way back). We bring cereal, oatmeal packets, microwave popcorn, apples, bananas, pretzels, goldfish, baby carrots, crystal light, kool aid packets, raisins, granola bars.

When we used to stay in a room without a fridge, we would buy the individual containers of Parmalat milk - juice box size. Then we would stuff them in the ice bucket with a bunch of ice and it would be cold in the morning for our cereal!

Does anyone bring food to the motel to eat and what do you bring? I am trying to make a list and I need some ideas!! I have three small kids and we are planning on eating at the room for lunchs as much as we can.

We carry a small microwave every time we go. My wife will fix some meals that we can heat up and eat. That beats a sandwich any day!

When we do eat in our room or take food to the parks this trip, I will probably do for my kids like I do when they are outside playing at home: Uncrustable, apple, individual bags of goldfish/teddy grahams and yogart drink/bottle of water. Easy and should all fit in a small cooler/backpack type thing. We wouldn't actually go back to the room for lunch unless we were staying at a place with a larger fridge and we could get to using the monorail/boats.

Does anyone remember how much the half gallons of milk cost at the resorts? Thanks! Also, do the resorts carry small containers of soy milk?

Milk and other basic staples at the resort are pricey. not sure if they carry SOY milk.

However.. for room snacks, I usually take a short DTD bus trip and walk across the street to the Hess Station and buy anything like that.. chips, pop, beer, snacks etc.. (they sell milk and all this at "rest of the world" prices)

And then just take the bus from DTD back to my resort. No delivery fees and no ridiculous prices for the stuff I buy.

Just a thot.

We drive, bring a cooler (and have a fridge if at a mod), and take a trip to the grocery store on arrival day.

We are a family of 5 (kids were 10, 5, and almost 3 last trip). My kids prefer to snack throughout the day and DH and I don't like to eat big meals when it's hot, so we always brought snacks into the parks with us and split a few CS meals.

We usually eat breakfast in the room (or on the way to the bus stop ;) ), have some snacks when we return to the room for a nap in the afternoon, and sometimes have a little snack before bed.

Here are some of the foods we have:
muffins
bagels
cream cheese
cereal
bread, pb, jelly
cheese (DH can eat a brick of cheese himself)
pepperoni
crackers
carrots
apples
bananas
granola bars
raisins/other dried fruit
nuts/seeds
pretzels
yogurt
goldfish

We use hydration backpacks and only drink water in the parks, but we have milk, juice, soda, and beer in the cooler in the room.

I'll usually also bring some food from home that we'll snack on in the car and the first few days of the trip. Last year I made and froze a bunch of banana/chocolate chip bread and fruit leather.

However.. for room snacks, I usually take a short DTD bus trip and walk across the street to the Hess Station and buy anything like that.. chips, pop, beer, snacks etc.. (they sell milk and all this at "rest of the world" prices)

And then just take the bus from DTD back to my resort. No delivery fees and no ridiculous prices for the stuff I buy.

Just a thot.

This is a great idea for anyone not driving. :thumbsup2

Just one note... the Hess stations only carry Coke products (at least when we checked). My DH must have Mtn Dew :rolleyes:

Does anyone bring food to the motel to eat and what do you bring? I am trying to make a list and I need some ideas!! I have three small kids and we are planning on eating at the room for lunchs as much as we can.

Yep, walked right up throug the BC toting a 12 pack of Coca Cola and a Walmart bag looking like the Clampetts, or atleast that's what DD's BFF called us! She was actually laughing so hard she could hardly walk! We usually have individually wrapped pkgs of chips and cookies as well as poptarts and some snack cakes.

Yes, WDW does now carry soy milk. I can't say if they carry it anwhere else, but I did notie it in one of the food courts recently. They probably do, but I wasn't looking for it.

I also know WDW is wonderful if you tell them about your needs. If they don't automatically carry it everywhere, then I'm pretty sure you can arrange to have it in a certain location simply by calling ahead. (Like if you have an ADR anywhere.) You can call WDW dining now and they will mark such things on your ADR's.

when we stay at WL, if the kids want to go swimming and swimming and swimming and we may not make it out to eat, we get sandwich makings and chips and fresh fruit at the mercantile in the WL. Make sandwiches and have a picnic.

We fly. I used to bring a whole carry-on and then used some check luggage space for snacks, juice boxes, cereal boxes, etc. I always got carried away with how much food I thought we needed in the room. We also do either the DDP or the DXDDP so DH would get frustrated when I was carrying a lot of the same snacks back home or tossing them.

Food in the room is ok, just don't over do it.

We still make a quick stop at the store in our rental car for: soda, chips, cookies, bottled water, wine/beer. However, gone are the days of toting around: mini-meals. For us, it was just more trouble than it was worth. Of course, am I am going to tell DH he was right all along...ummm....no.;)

We have done the DDP the last 2 trips and honestly most of the snacks we bought ended up getting tossed. It's just a lot of food. This trip I'm going to bring some quick breakfast food, for mornings that we're not eating early (granola bars, pop tarts, dry cereal) and water and that's it. We always found that we are never hungry at night after dinner because the meals are so huge and include a big dessert.

We carry a small microwave every time we go. My wife will fix some meals that we can heat up and eat. That beats a sandwich any day!

Unless you are staying in a resort that has a kitchen area, you are not supposed to do that. Not only is it a huge fire hazzard, but the people staying in the rooms near yours may not appreciate the smell of the food that you cook. Multiple rooms are on the same vent system, so whatever you cook, the other rooms can smell.

All Disney resorts have a microwave that guests are free to use in their food courts.:thumbsup2

we are staying onsite at POR

Then you will have a fridge and a coffee maker. Very good. Okay so here is my list.

Lunchmeats (I like turkey and ham, but those are my personal faves).
Bread
Fruit
Carrots and Celery
small jar of mayo and/or mustard (or collect individual packets from fast food places and put them in your checked luggage in a zip lock bag).
Peanut Butter
Jelly
cottage cheese cups
cheese and crackers

The food court at POR has a great area to toast bread and microwave stuff. I always bring bleach wipes to wipe out the microwave when I am there before I microwave just in case they aren't clean. And I always prefer to have healthy stuff like I mentioned here rather than junk in the hotel, I like to eat park junk when I want to get my junk on. . .roflmao.

Of course, now I mostly stay deluxe cause my hunny has DVC so we always have a micro, toaster, fridge and coffee maker. . .my list doesn't change much.

One thing to keep in mind is don't overbuy. For instance if you are staying for 7 days, plan on eating in the room for 5 days and not 7. You will be surprised at how little you really do eat in the room. I do love going back to my room in the afternoon for a snack and a swim. . .but it doesn't always happen. Have a great trip. . .

One thing to keep in mind is don't overbuy. For instance if you are staying for 7 days, plan on eating in the room for 5 days and not 7. You will be surprised at how little you really do eat in the room. I do love going back to my room in the afternoon for a snack and a swim. . .but it doesn't always happen. Have a great trip. . .

While I would agree with not overbuying, only YOU know how often you will be eating in the room. Each family spends their time differently - some may enjoy getting away from the parks for a bit, and some may cringe at the idea of missing ride time.

When I'm staying in a DVC villa, regardless of whether I've got a kitchenette or the full kitchen, I normally eat two meals per day in the room, and only lunch in the parks. I either come back for an early dinner, and then head back to a park in the evening, or I have a late dinner in the room when the parks close. I usually travel during the slower times of year when the parks close earlier anyway, so it's not like I'm waiting until midnight for dinner. I always have some sort of breakfast stuff in the room, whether cereal, or doughnuts, or a PB&J - I never eat breakfast in the restaurants unless I happen to hit one just before they switch over to lunch and have "breakfast" for lunch.

If I'm in a regular room, with just a fridge, I take beverages of different kinds, peanut butter and jelly, bread, lunch meat and cheese, chips, and some sort of breakfast food like cereal or doughnuts. I usually eat two meals in the parks most days when staying in a regular room, but occasionally have sandwiches for dinner, and always have breakfast in the room.

If I'm in a room with a microwave, I'll add fixings for nachos, some Uncle Bens microwave rice in various flavors, and things like Easy Mac, microwave soup and hot cereal.

If I have a full kitchen, I'll bring those items, plus some Steam Fresh meals, salad fixings and dressing, pasta and cheese/sauce, and maybe a frozen pizza or two. I tend to take more groceries if I'm in a FW cabin as well, as it's so easy to unload the car right outside the cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter