Do you anticipate a Vacation this summer

I've been thinking about this. I would love to go somewhere but I don't think we'll want to fly anywhere this summer, and just about anywhere I'm interested in going would involve flying or a longer road trip than I'm interested in undertaking.

We could go to the beach or the Keys or maybe drive up to the Georgia mountains and rent a cabin, but none of that excites me much. I think I'd rather skip the vacation this summer and save the money for a better vacation later. Once Universal opens back up maybe we'll go for a couple days since we have APs, but I'm not sure yet that we'll want to.

We were beginning to plan a Christmas trip to Italy when this all happened back in March. I'm not sure if that will still be able to happen or not but I hope maybe so.

I don't think so. We had planned a trip to Oregon/Alaska in July that's already been cancelled. DH and I were just talking this morning that our Hawaii trip for December is probably a no-go as well - that looks like it could be in the middle of the second wave, unfortunately. So no 2020 trips for us.

DH & I are in a holding pattern. We were planning to do a beach vacation to Destin, FL in September. We are watching the Florida short term rental ban to see what happens with that.....

We're looking at a cool AirBnB in August in driving distance with my sister's family and doing some outdoor stuff.

Nope. Right now we have tentative plans for travel in October but we will see how the world is by then. I am only allowed to carry over 280 hours o PTO and am past that already while accumulating more every pay. If we can go somewhere I might take a lot of time around Christmas off and just spend it at home. I hate to do that but it is what it is.

Yesterday I booked a trip for six weeks from now. We are renting a house in southern Utah for a couple nights so we will be properly socially distanced. This particular rental community never even shut down. There is a pool on site, and it will be hot, so we will see what the rules are there at the time. We’re flying to Vegas and renting a car to get there, so that should be interesting. We’ll mask up, wash up, and disinfect whenever necessary. We’ve just got to get out of here. Each individual piece of the trip is fully cancellable and refundable. I hope to not have to move it, but it’s perfectly OK if needed.

ETA: Can't wait for our first visit to Zion!

Last edited:
Nope. In March we cancelled our WDW and DCL vacation scheduled August. No plans, nor desire, to vacation anywhere other than home for quite awhile.

Yes. We have Disney scheduled for middle of July-- haven't cancelled yet. We have the Florida Keys following that trip for a week-- my husband and I work in education and healthcare and are in dire need of some fun!

DH & I are in a holding pattern. We were planning to do a beach vacation to Destin, FL in September. We are watching the Florida short term rental ban to see what happens with that.....
The ban was lifted
Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Gulf, Franklin and Bay counties can now reopen vacation rentals.

Cautiously optimistic that 2 trips to the Jersey Shore ( August & September ) may still happen. Our June trip to the Shore for a family wedding in early June has been postponed until early June 2021. If things open up we may go for a few days in late June 2020.

We have 2 out of state weddings in September. Originally, we were going to attach a WDW vacation to one of them. I'm still in denial, but I'm pretty darn sure it's not happening. I do plan on traveling to see my family for Christmas in some capacity. I don't mind flying and will do so then.

Do you typically travel? It’s so interesting to me how people can experience the same thing so differently. I hope the summer works out better for you than you expect!
I've been all over the world. I'm ok sitting this summer out.

I have a family member who is high risk, so yes I assume I am "experiencing the same thing so differently" than you and those who feel untouchable.

I've been all over the world. I'm ok sitting this summer out.

I have a family member who is high risk, so yes I assume I am "experiencing the same thing so differently" than you and those who feel untouchable.
Well, that's nice that you've been all over the world, I'm happy for you. But some of us have not, myself included. My husband and I didn't vacation for the last three years so we could save up for our first trip out of the country to England this June. Obviously that had to be cancelled. I don't feel "untouchable" but I just want to go somewhere, anywhere. I want to look forward to something again and it just seems hopeless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter