• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you always have a plan?

We have a very loose plan. I find out which parks have EMH and avoid those and then check for any parades or fireworks we wish to see. Then I make ADR's for a few parks.

When we actually go we get to rope drop and hit certain rides first. After that we do whatever sounds like fun as we go through the day.

OMG, i wouldn't know what to do without a plan. the main reason is because i don't want to miss the firework shows and i like to plan our days especially if we have dinner ressies. this way, we are always able to see and do everything. i helped a lot of people with their itineraries because i think it is so important to have a plan going to wdw. now days we just buy the base tickets so we have to plan our days.

We have a plan as to what parks we are visiting and general hop times. Mostly planned around am and pm emh (both must do's for us) and our adr for the day.

We do not plan the rides/attractions out. We know what we want to hit and based on wait times and fp availability we work through our must do's.

This is exactly how I do it as well. It's always worked out great without being too much or too overwhelming, even on Disney newbies that I've traveled with. So I'm in between - I don't necessarily wing it, but I also don't have it planned so strictly that even a bathroom break would mess us up! I like knowing there's some structure and plan but that I still have the freedom to wander around.

We plan which parks and which days and check the Times Guide when we enter to see if there's a specific show/parade/etc. that we must see. Then we do everything. We don't waste time going from favorite to favorite ride, but we do everything in between (unless the line is too long and we don't care if we ride it or not).

Our philosophy is seeing and doing everything keeps us coming back. Once you start picking favorites, then you spend a lot of time walking from one to another, and getting disappointed when you finish them and have nothing left to do.

We go in September at the same time every year and have been doing so for a while. So, I pretty much know what parks are good on what days. I also know we want to spend two days at DHS, three days at MK and one day at Epcot.

That being said, I still use the UG - it's never failed me. I check the crowd calendar for the time we are there and then make ADRs based on which park we'll be in which day. We are in WDW Sunday to Monday, so our "break day" - day we spend at our resort swimming etc. - is always Thursday. Arrival day is also spent unpacking and swimming/relaxing at the resort because we arrive early afternoon. We then have an early evening ADR so we can get to bed early and recharge for the next day.

We also follow a touring plan loosely based on one in the UG. Again, we've used it for years and it hasn't ever failed us. We usually get to ride everything we want several times in a day - utilizing fast passes when necessary. We adjust it when new attractions open, but that's about all the changes we make to it.

We also avoid EMH parks like the plague.

I'm a planner by nature and I love WDW planning, so although this may seem like alot, it's very soothing to us to know we have a good plan that will make our days run smoothly. We don't feel rushed or nervous at all during the days, because we know our system works. It makes for a great time.

Happy planning!

Nope not always. We booked a trip in Feb 3 days before we left and didn't have time to plan. I just have a general idea of what I want to do, what parks to visit what days (touring plans advice) but we just pretty much do whatever whenever. Espically when its just DH and I. When the kiddos are with us I tend to plan more b/c we hop less and they don't get to go as often as we do so I want them see and do more. DH and I are fine with skipping attraction X if the line is too long as we get to go about once a year or more often and can catch it next time.

We make one ADR a day. Other than that, we wing it. I plan my ADR around park hours, so that I can maximize my time in the parks/be in the parks I want on certain days. Otherwise, we hop around all day. When we get bored or overcrowded, we hop somewhere else.

I always have a plan. We can deviate but rarely need to. I know what parks, what days and where we plan to eat.

I always have a plan i.e. which park we will be visiting on a particular day, advance dining reservations and an idea of what attractions/shows we want to see and a general idea how to accomplish. We don't always stick to the plan but it helps.

I'm sort of a newbie to this, even though next trip will be my 10th. I haven't visited since they started offering free dinning and since the fireworks became a "not everyday" sort of thing.
Prior to those things, we knew what park each day, but that was it. You knew you could walk in to about any TS restaurant you wanted, and you knew there were fireworks somewhere each night.

My planning will probably increase now because of that, but I'm going to try and keep it as relaxed as possible.

I overplan and then end up bagging at least half. :rotfl2: The planning relaxes me prior to the trip and I enjoy it. :blush:

I always have a plan. I create books for all going with us that include flight information, ADR times and confirmation numbers, what attractions are "must see", which we should get FastPasses for, even what we're wearing for the day. I know...overkill, but it keeps me from going insane waiting to leave.

How early is too early to pack? Can I pack now? How 'bout now?

I generally go with a general "game plan" but not as far as a "touring plan". I start with which days have EMH and avoid them, and then plan around ADRs, evening only attractions (like spectromagic, fantasmic etc) and go from there. I also travel on non-peak times which makes touring eaiser (adults only no kids). And my only rule is "go with a plan, but be willing to drop said plan if the feeling strikes you". That way I feel like I am getting the most out of my vacation, but don't feel like I am micromanaging the fun. That works for me and my group. I am the type A planner, but the rest are more "wing-it" type people, so this is a nice compromise. I think I would have a rebellion if I tried to make them all go commando!

I'm a planner, my BFF is not. If I'm solo, I usually have a pretty good plan. When visiting WDW with my Travel Buddy (BFF--according to her DH, we are The Travel Buddy Network!), it's more general. ADRs, park hours, special events at each park.

We've visited WDW often enough now that we know what we really want to see--new, old favourites, shows, etc. And we limit ADRs to about 3 in a 10-night visit. We did the DDP once (during free DDP) and decided it was too much food for us! *LOL*

I've had one WDW visit that I pretty much had to wing--on about three weeks notice! :eek: My one goal was to see the parade at AK--which I did! :thumbsup2 I did a lot of other stuff, as well, but that was #1 on my list! *LOL*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter