Do we really need to bring food/ snacks?

Elle23

DIS Veteran
I am in the process of packing for our trip. I had planned on packing snacks and breakfast items, but now I really don't want to pack anything we don't absolutely need (we are flying).

Can we get by without snacks and breakfast stuff? Are there enough light breakfast items and snack stuff available in the food court if we need them? I noticed the food court is open pretty late, which is good.

We will be on be dining plan, so I can't imagine we will need that much outside of it. But I also don't want to get there and regret not packing any food!

most dining plans include at least one snack a day per person, so unless your family are picky eaters or like to snack throughout the day, i dont think packing snacks is necessary.

We love packing snacks! And yes it's a pain when trying to fit everything in the suitcase, but I always find a way and without a doubt, the "snack corner" in the hotel room is always a hit and it is always empty by the time we leave. The dining plan does include a snack and probably more food than anyone needs in a day, but having nutrigrain bars, pop tarts, or whatever right within arms reach either first thing in the morning or especially late night after swimming is always awesome. Just my two cents :) :hippie:

The snacks typically available may be different from what you might pack.

I find having a stash of extra fruit snacks, raisins or cereal bars works wonders when my daughter starts getting hangry.

I personally find that the inconvenience of packing snacks is far outweighed by the convenience of having them with us and the savings on never, ever buying breakfast. Granola bars, apple sauce pouches, etc are fairly dense and don't take up a lot of space in packing and we can munch on them on the way to bus each morning, saving time and money. Plus, if my 6yo needs a sugar-boost pick-me-up in the afternoon, some fruit gummies do the trick.

It's really just one relatively small bag of stuff in your suitcase (I empty all the things from their boxes, like granola bars, to save on space)

Since you are on the dining plan you will not be lacking food! We would purchase something with our snack credits that the boys could take back to resort for a 'hangry' moment. They enjoyed using their (and ours) snack credits in the parks. It was a big deal for them! We have in the past taken a box of trail bars/snack crackers just in case. We have found we never use them.

Another thing is my kid bores of the same thing day in/day out, so when we go away last thing she wants is snacks that she'll normally eat at home. =)

Another thing is my kid bores of the same thing day in/day out, so when we go away last thing she wants is snacks that she'll normally eat at home. =)

I'm that way too. When I'm on vacation, especially at WDW, I don't want things that we normally eat at home. There's so many fun things to try at WDW!!

I've never brought snacks or any kind of food to WDW. There are snacks everywhere, in the food courts and quick service places, in the gift shops. Healthy snacks like fruit and yogurt, plus cookies, cakes, candies, chips, pretzels and pastries of every variety you can imagine.

I Ubered to the grocery store for snacks, and ended up bringing more than half home. We were on the meal plan, so my kids ended up not eating any at the parks. They ate a snack per night before bed, but that was it. The meal plan food really kept us full!!

Like the others have said, having a few snacks on hand can be a lifesaver when you don't feel like running down to the food court for something quick to eat. Cereal/granola bars, apple sauce pouches, nutrigrain bars, protein bars, beef jerky etc. are easy pack.... .just remove them from the boxes and put them in Ziploc bags and let all the air out before zipping it up. Should not take up very much room in your bag.

The snacks typically available may be different from what you might pack.

I find having a stash of extra fruit snacks, raisins or cereal bars works wonders when my daughter starts getting hangry.
My 4 year old has hanger issues too, so we packed cereal bars, shelf stable yogurt, homemade trail mix and fruit.

We plan on eating breakfat before we go because we don't want to have to be racing to a bakery line for our first attraction.

But we are driving so that affords us some flexibility.

I agree with nautical05. If you have the dining plan, it will be plenty of food! If you run out of snack credits, you can buy a couple items in the food court.

We always pack a few things for breakfast or snacks through out the day. When it is the 5 of us it is just easier to have somethings in the room. Also when we fly we always have enough room in the bags so it is not a big deal. We don't do the ddp so everything is out of pocket for us and snacks can get expensive at the parks. With that being said we always make sure we get a few snacks at the parks as well like a dole whip or mickey pretzel because it is not a trip to WDW without have one of those.

You can bring a$ much or a$ little a$ you want.

My big thing that I will bring will be bottled water and soft drinks. Even on the dining plan, even with a 12 oz refillable mug, it's a hike from the room to the food court, and I know my family will want something to drink in the room.

My DW goes overboard with the packing of snacks though. She'll bring everything from crackers and granola, to muffins, whole fruit and peanut butter. She's nuts about that stuff. But her and my kids will eat it.

We drive so we don't have a limit on what we bring, we also drive up Publix to get snacks and breakfast for the room, saves $$.
If we flew maybe it would be a different story but we like to pack a couple snacks for the parks during the day to eat before lunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter