Do they still have birthday cupcakes?

Kayleebug

Always planning my next trip for some more magic!
In the past when we've gone for DD's birthday, she's received a free cupcake at certain restaurants (Chef Mickey's, O'Hana). Do they still do this, or do you have to order a cake from the bakery?

You simply can't count on it anymore. If having a cake is important to you, you will need to order one. Sometimes they may still give a cupcake but then they may not. It was something disney did to be nice, not a gurantee

I guess we'll order a cake. We really don't need a whole cake, but I would hate for DD not to have something for her bday.

It is hit or miss. Depends on your server, how busy they are, etc. We got an anniversary cupcake at the Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe and a slice of cake at most other places this past September for our 25th anniversary (all except for WCC--the only place that did nothing).

We just ate supper at 1900 Park Fare and the CM making our reservation marked it as a "celebration". We received a VERY YUMMY cupcake and a placemat. There were other cupcakes brought out to tables as well.

Make sure "birthday" is noted on your ADRs. Our DS got cupcakes or special dessert this past Oct. at Chef Mickey--breakfast AND dinner, Garden Grill, Liberty Tree, Crystal Palace, LeCEllier, and the Plaza at MK.

My daughter got a cupcake at CRT, about 2 weeks ago. The server noticed it was her birthday, because she had a "It's my birthday" button on. At the end of her meal, they brought the cupcake out. If anyone can tell me how to post a picture, I will upload a photo. I see where the button is, but I don't see how to "Browse" for it on my computer.

Definitely don't count on it. In November we told both Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace that we were celebrating DS's 1st birthday. Chef Mickey's gave us a placemat thing and brought out a lit up cupcake for him. Crystal Palace just decorated the table, that's it. We went to Crystal Palace for breakfast yesterday and told them we were celebrating DH's birthday. They decorated the table and not only brought out a cupcake but also a card signed by all of the characters.

Here is a recent photo of the birthday cupcake, minus the candle!I forgot to mention, DD also received a card, signed by the princesses. Someone from CRT must have told our resort, because we got a towel cake upon our return!

Disney2009-134.jpg

Like I said previously there is no gurantee. We went for My nieces Bday and it was noted on our ressies. Other than a few well wishes, she got nothing.

We just got back on the 1st and let e tell you, if my 4 year old had her "Its My Birthday" pin on (that we got at check in) at a meal she got a special dessert. The only place we didn't get an additional dessert was at Cali Grille, but she did get a happy birthday piece of chocolate decorating her plate of the crisped rice sushi. She even got cupcakes with candles at our breakfasts and not just the character ones!!

We celebrated our DS 7th bday in OCT. On his actual b-day we ate at 1900 Park Fare (I know boys bday and you eat at a princess meal) but it is all that we could get into that day :) We ordered him a cake there upon check in (I think it was like $12) It was OK size def big enough for our family of 5. He wore his b-day button the entire time we were there and got all kinds of special attention that he LOVED.

Does it have to be your actual birthday one of the days of your trip to get the birthday button?... We changed the dates of our trip by a week and had already told DS we would be there on his birthday... now we are leaving 5 days before it. He has his heart set on celebrating his birthday at Disney!

Does it have to be your actual birthday one of the days of your trip to get the birthday button?... We changed the dates of our trip by a week and had already told DS we would be there on his birthday... now we are leaving 5 days before it. He has his heart set on celebrating his birthday at Disney!
He can get a button.The only time it has to be the actual birthdate is to be eligible for the free park admission

Like I said previously there is no gurantee. We went for My nieces Bday and it was noted on our ressies. Other than a few well wishes, she got nothing.

Exactly, whether you have on a button or not, noted it on a reservation or not, you just never know. Glad lots of people have gotten some extra magic, but OP should know each individual experience is different.

At one restaurant DS had on his button and it was noted on our reservation, which I know for sure it was because it was also on my receipt. He didn't receive anything, not even a Happy Birthday. I'm not complaining, and he did receive something later that day which was great. Just know that it is random "Disney Magic".
:)

I guess we'll order a cake. We really don't need a whole cake, but I would hate for DD not to have something for her bday.

You mean aside from Disney? ;)

In the past 9 months, we've received cupcakes at Cape May, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's (that one was the BEST...they also gave my grandparents an anniversary cupcake with two candles-cute!). We received make-your-own sundaes at 50s PTC (brought one for both kids) and Mama Melrose. Boma brought me some ridiculously sinful chocolates on a plate that said "Happy Birthday, Jessica!" However, for my actual birthday dinner at Biergarten (the only place I had actually noted my bday on the ADR and not just had my button on my bag), nada. So, hit and miss, but I think most places try to offer a little recognition for special events. :goodvibes :)

It does not have to be your actual birthday. We could not get ressies at CRT on her actual birthday, so we celebrated 5 days early. If you get a birthday button, make sure you ask to write the name yourself. The CM did it for us, and it was really sloppy! Luckily, I was able to rub it off and redo it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter