Do the resorts do anything for NYE?

McKelly

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if any of the resorts have any New Year's Even happenings? I remember seeing an Easter Egg Hunt at POR on Easter Sunday and I know there are cookies in the lobby at Xmas. Just wondering if they do anything for New Year's, a "family" party with a band or something....

We were at AKV for NYE a fews ago for NYE and they gave out hats and noise-makers

I don't have any resort experience.

But we were at MK this past NYE. It was CROWDED. It took us nearly an hour to get into the parking lot around 10am (this was before they closed the lot and made folks park at Epcot). If you don't arrive early, you risk the park nearing capacity and closing in phases (it was already closed when we arrived but we had APs so we were an exception to the closing). Getting out of the parking lot at the end of the night was also a nightmare. A friend parked at Epcot, though, and didn't encounter any problems doing that. Main Street closed in the afternoon because of all the folks lined up to get a good view of the fireworks. But they opened up backstage areas for more firework viewing. Next to Splash Mountain, they handed out hats and little party horns (which were very annoying because parents let their kids blow on them obnoxiously all afternoon lol). The fireworks were AMAZING. We watched from backstage, kinda behind Tony's, and we could see a bit of the castle and all the surrounding fireworks. We had lunch ADR's for Crystal Palace, and I'd recommend grabbing an ADR. It gets you lots of food and out of the crowds.

So, all this to say, make your plans early. It'll be fun no matter what!

We were at POR for New Years 2014. They had a party in the courtyard and were handing out hats and noisemakers to the kids. They also had a big inflatable screen that they used to show the ball drop from Times Square.

We didn't want to deal with crowds so we got to MK at 7:15am on NYE. It was empty so we were able to ride a lot until it got crowded around 10am then we used our 3 fastpasses and a fastpass to BOG. We we out of the park by about 12:30pm and it was packed by then (hard to even walk). We went back to POR, did some swimming, took naps so we could make it to midnight, did a horse drawn carriage ride around POR, had dinner there at Boatwrights then went to the party in the courtyard. It really was a great way to spend NYE at Disney without the crowds and chaos!

We were at POR for New Years 2014. They had a party in the courtyard and were handing out hats and noisemakers to the kids. They also had a big inflatable screen that they used to show the ball drop from Times Square.

We didn't want to deal with crowds so we got to MK at 7:15am on NYE. It was empty so we were able to ride a lot until it got crowded around 10am then we used our 3 fastpasses and a fastpass to BOG. We we out of the park by about 12:30pm and it was packed by then (hard to even walk). We went back to POR, did some swimming, took naps so we could make it to midnight, did a horse drawn carriage ride around POR, had dinner there at Boatwrights then went to the party in the courtyard. It really was a great way to spend NYE at Disney without the crowds and chaos!

This sounds perfect! I am hoping they do something similar at CSR, since that is where we will be staying with Free Dining! Unless, POR eventually opens up. Here's hoping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter