• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the podcasts make other people sad too?

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
I don't have any trips to Disney or universal planned for the foreseeable future.

That being said, I enjoy listening to the podcasts but lately there's been a touch of sadness mixed in there.

Maybe I'm just wishing I could live the Disney/universal life too. I realize they are working, but I'll take that work over what I do anyway.

Does anyone else feel a touch of sadness while listening to the podcasts that you can't be local and be a part of all that's going on?

Yes, I do admit to feeling a bit down at times that it's been over 4 years since I've been, and I have no IDEA when I'll be able to go again. Doesn't stop me from wishing others to have a wonderful experience, or to smile when I get to share their happiness through pictures, videos, trip reports, whatever. But yes, I do get wistful. :(

No, they don't make me sad. I love my Disney trips, but I love my non-Disney life as well. I don't think I want to deal with the crowds, the heat and humidity and I know I don't have the $$$ to be at Disney every day. I would get bored quickly. 8 days a year is enough for me.

Last edited:

No they don't make me sad (Apart from the pulse one which I thought in turn with being sad, was a powerful and raw piece of broadcasting, and if you haven't seen it you should)

The ones with the food reviews do make me hungry as I'm normally travelling home from work while watching them. (it's on a 6pm in the UK)

But honestly they have given me so much info as even though I've been going to Disney for years, I normally did the same thing over and over again. But these shows, even if I haven't got a trip in the works inspire me to do other things when I do get back.

The Dis guys have been directly responsible for me visiting resort hotels even though I'm not staying or have a dinner reservation, finding O'hana (now my favorite place on property), Going on the people mover (Which I never done before my last trip) and taking part in a Disney run (although that was more down to the Dis boards, but heard about the in a general manner on podcast)

So currently haven't got a trip planned but even if I can't go for a while I know I'm going back; and thanks to the Dis next time I go I'm going to try to get reservation at Flying Fish, That homecooking place in Disney Springs and visit the wilderness lodge and take a walk round some of the paths. (oh and since yesterday might have to try Paddlefish as well)

I don't think they make me sad ... perhaps a tinge of jealousy because it would be great to be local and see all the stuff and previews and things they get to - but at the same time they are working the events so it isn't all fun

Pulse episode was really sad.
OMG - that one had me sobbing every single time I watched it. I was still very emotional when I made my piece of the 10th anniversary video that was shown at the Mega Meet, 'cause I taped that right afterwards, and i could barely make the video, I was so choked up!!

No they don't make me sad (Apart from the pulse one which I thought in turn with being sad, was a powerful and raw piece of broadcasting, and if you haven't seen it you should)

The ones with the food reviews do make me hungry as I'm normally travelling home from work while watching them. (it's on a 6pm in the UK)

But honestly they have given me so much info as even though I've been going to Disney for years, I normally did the same thing over and over again. But these shows, even if I haven't got a trip in the works inspire me to do other things when I do get back.

The Dis guys have been directly responsible for me visiting resort hotels even though I'm not staying or have a dinner reservation, finding O'hana (now my favorite place on property), Going on the people mover (Which I never done before my last trip) and taking part in a Disney run (although that was more down to the Dis boards, but heard about the in a general manner on podcast)

So currently haven't got a trip planned but even if I can't go for a while I know I'm going back; and thanks to the Dis next time I go I'm going to try to get reservation at Flying Fish, That homecooking place in Disney Springs and visit the wilderness lodge and take a walk round some of the paths. (oh and since yesterday might have to try Paddlefish as well)
Oh my gosh, yes - WL is GORGEOUS - inside and out, and differently gorgeous night and day. I try to get there at least once a trip to take in the lobby and grounds and/or eat a meal, the same with AKL!!

Yes, I do admit to feeling a bit down at times that it's been over 4 years since I've been, and I have no IDEA when I'll be able to go again. Doesn't stop me from wishing others to have a wonderful experience, or to smile when I get to share their happiness through pictures, videos, trip reports, whatever. But yes, I do get wistful. :(

Wistful is a great way to describe it for me, that the geography is distant in space and time, and that the laughter and friendships are simarly separate. Aside from the Pulse episode which others have noted--and I agree is just a raw and important and honest episode that others should seek out if they have not experienced. Actually I should too again.

I don't think "sad" is the right word. And I don't want to say "jealous" either.

We have talked about moving to Florida for years. Just in the past year or so especially we've actually started to seriously entertain the thought. So hearing about all the great stuff that's going on that we are missing by living in NJ just stokes the fire of wanting to relocate so that we, too, can participate in that stuff.

We are fortunate to be able to visit fairly regularly. I mean we've been there 5 times since November 2015. Right at the moment, we don't have a trip planned (but we do have APs so you never know) but I have no doubt that we will be there within the next 12 months so I'm okay with that part of it.

So no, it doesn't make me sad. It makes me more determined to get there more often and possibly get there permanently one of these days.

I think for me it is a little bit of jealousy. I have never been to Disney World, and I get to Disneyland every other year or 2. So while I completely understand everything is not all fun and games, and extremely hard work, I am jealous they are a local. I will get there one day. Not sure when, but one day!

I think for me it is a little bit of jealousy. I have never been to Disney World, and I get to Disneyland every other year or 2. So while I completely understand everything is not all fun and games, and extremely hard work, I am jealous they are a local. I will get there one day. Not sure when, but one day!
And I hope, for your sake, you do!!

Yes, I get the Disney blues after returning home and I usually take a few weeks off of listening to the podcasts because they makes it worse. Lately, we've had another trip planned, so that helps a lot.

Honestly most of the time my thoughts are; great another thing I'm going to have to try/do/see next time I'm there.

I don't feel sad, but I'm a local as well. Disney is not always perfect and even though we go to the parks all the time, it's good to hear reviews on what is good, bad or indifferent so we don't waste our time when we are there. I always draw my own conclusions, but I feel the podcasts are genuine and honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter