Do posted menus (at parks, resorts, online) contain sales tax in the prices?

No, they do not include tax. You'll have to add 6.5% for sales tax at all locations, except the All Stars resorts, where tax is 7%.

Also, if you're considering full service restaurants, remember to include tip, and at fast casual if that's a place you tip, I know there are differing opinions, just throwing it out there...

The only "menus" that I've seen that included tax were the ones for some of the carts (e.g., ice cream carts, popcorn carts, etc.) and they usually said "Sales Taxed Included" or something along those lines.

Thank you! And thanks for mentioning the gratuity...is it customary to tip at BOG for lunch? Assuming we should leave some $ on the table bus-people and other staff (but not a full tip)?

Thank you! And thanks for mentioning the gratuity...is it customary to tip at BOG for lunch? Assuming we should leave some $ on the table bus-people and other staff (but not a full tip)?

You'll hear a thousand different opinions on tipping at fast casual. I do, but its not such a structured social construct as full table service is in the states.

You'll hear a thousand different opinions on tipping at fast casual. I do, but its not such a structured social construct as full table service is in the states.
Who do you tip at BOG? You aren't waited on by a person like at TS. We always tip TS but we don't tip at QS. Not at any of them. BOG breakfast/lunch is QS. Someone does bring over your food but they don't wait on you. There is a difference. Heck, last time I ate at Hardees they brought over my food. Hardly a place where one tips

I'm fairly sure there isn't even a place to write in a tip amount on the bill when you pay. That there to me directs when tipping is expected/accepted and when it's not

Who do you tip at BOG? You aren't waited on by a person like at TS. We always tip TS but we don't tip at QS. Not at any of them. BOG breakfast/lunch is QS. Someone does bring over your food but they don't wait on you. There is a difference. Heck, last time I ate at Hardees they brought over my food. Hardly a place where one tips

I'm fairly sure there isn't even a place to write in a tip amount on the bill when you pay. That there to me directs when tipping is expected/accepted and when it's not

I've only done lunch at BOG once - and was underwhelmed, (although the castle is certainly pretty), but I've always left some cash at all fast casuals, I eat at the local Blaze pizza more than I'd care to admit, or want to, and I don't leave a normal full service tip, but I do leave something. I also tip Uber and some people don't do that. I was just saying that one might want to consider if they wanted to, but its DEFINITELY not an implicit social norm like tipping at full service restaurants is here in the states. I wasn't suggesting anyone needed to, just that if its something you did and really wanted to know what you might be spending, you might want to throw it in the equation. Honestly, on closer inspection, I'm not sure why I do it, but yeah, I do/will.

But girl, you just got me thinking about biscuits at Hardee's! Its been years and now I'm going to have to look up if they serve breakfast all day, because if so, the dark side may have just called me to a chicken biscuit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter