• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do not want to get wet on Splash Mountain

Left side left side left side.
Does the left side load first?
Trying to figure out if it's the left side if you're facing the front or the back.
If it's left side if you're facing the front, that's where I was when I got soaked from the cannon.

Does the left side load first?
Trying to figure out if it's the left side if you're facing the front or the back.
If it's left side if you're facing the front, that's where I was when I got soaked from the cannon.
FRONT
BACK
You want seat 5.
Seats 1-4 are in the splash zone.
Seats 2 4 and 6 get splashed by a waterfall right before unload - it's brief if things are running well but if the unload is backed up it can just pour water on you.

FRONT
BACK
You want seat 5.
Seats 2 4 and 6 get splashed by a waterfall right before unload - it's brief if things are running well but if the unload is backed up it can just pour water on you.
This is amazing. Seat #5 for me!! I HATE getting wet. But I do love Splash, once I finally was convinced by the family to go on it. So, if they turn off the cannons when it's cooler, do they also turn them off at night time, when you don't have as much of a chance of drying out? Just curious, as we will only be doing MK after dark on our next trip.

This is amazing. Seat #5 for me!! I HATE getting wet. But I do love Splash, once I finally was convinced by the family to go on it. So, if they turn off the cannons when it's cooler, do they also turn them off at night time, when you don't have as much of a chance of drying out? Just curious, as we will only be doing MK after dark on our next trip.
I don’t think it’s easy to predict whether they will or won’t on a given day, but you can always check before you get in line

Call me crazy, but when I don't want to get wet, I don't ride water rides. I don't get the whole "I don't want to get wet on a water ride" thing at all. (Of course I'm also weird in that as much as I love cruising, if I got seasick, I would stick to land-based vacations. So I guess I'm just not programmed to do what would make me miserable. Thankfully I don't get seasick!)

Hey y’all. My mom and I are going to MK tomorrow. Now I love Splash Mountain but haven’t been able to ride it in years because my family never wants to get wet. My mom is open to going on it if she won’t get *super wet*. I know it’s inevitable that she’ll get wet but is there certain seats she won’t get as wet on like in the back? TIA

I wear a packable Columbia rain jacket every time I ride Splash and am 100% protected. It’s quick dry and all I do is take it off when the ride is done and keep it moving.

Call me crazy, but when I don't want to get wet, I don't ride water rides. I don't get the whole "I don't want to get wet on a water ride" thing at all. (Of course I'm also weird in that as much as I love cruising, if I got seasick, I would stick to land-based vacations. So I guess I'm just not programmed to do what would make me miserable. Thankfully I don't get seasick!)

I’m basically with you, but I do like the shock of the water-feeling but the only plastic keeping my clothes from being wet. I want it all lol.

Call me crazy, but when I don't want to get wet, I don't ride water rides. I don't get the whole "I don't want to get wet on a water ride" thing at all.

I do not ride Kali Rapids as that is a water ride - Splash Mountain did not always soak you! I always loved it, what I don't enjoy is walking around in park clothes soaking wet!! If you enjoy that, you're very welcome to it.

FRONT
BACK
You want seat 5.
Pretty sure I was in Seat 5 when I got soaked going around the first turn. I had already put my poncho on before getting on the ride. I just hadn't put my hood on. There was a blast of water that came out of nowhere that soaked my hair.
Some people enjoy the animatronics which are pretty cool. They just don't enjoy getting soaked. Why should they deprive themselves of the whole ride when there are ways to stay dry???

I haven’t been on the WDW one in years, but hubby and I went last summer at Disneyland. We weren’t going to go, but at the very end of the night, like 11:15, decided to go as our last ride. I read later they turn the water levels up in the summer but it was chilly at the end of the evening. We both got completely soaked from head to toe (picture wringing our my shirt and hair, while dumping water out of shoes) and had to the make the approx 1 mile walk back to the hotel. I have always loved that ride, but that walk was MISERABLE!!

For literally two decades I stayed relatively dry on Splash. Three years ago I got soaked and ever since then I get soaked every time. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If you want to guarantee you’re not getting wet you need a poncho.

Splash is so much more than a "water ride". As someone else mentioned, Kali is one where I know I stand a high probability of getting soaked, so I do avoid that. Every once in a blue moon, my family will convince me to ride it (and I'm, invariably, the one that gets dumped on, so then I regret my decision and resent my family), but usually I just grab a beer and sit and wait for them. Win win!

Splash is different. It's such an iconic, classic Disney ride - love the story telling and dark ride elements of it. So it's worth it, to me, to ride it knowing that there's a small(ish) chance I'll get soaked (and usually it's more like a spritz).

I enjoy the ride, and don't mind a sprinkle or splash -- I just hate the soaked clothes that I have to walk around with afterwards. I chose to take the risk, like many others do. Nothing wrong with asking for advice on how to prevent from getting soaked. Because you know Murphy's Law ... whomever doesn't want to get wet, WILL get wet! (always, me. always.)

I wear a poncho. That has been the only thing that has been successful. My family makes fun of me, I don't care. Rather be teased then walk around in gross damp shorts afterwards! :D

No seat predictor will help you.

if you do not want to get wet, do not ride. Its called “Splash” for a reason!

Heck most of the time , the seats are very wet before you even load up! We have sat in every position, and gotten wet in each one. Depending on how many boats are loaded and water level, I have seen the wave from the boat behind us catch up and soak people in the back seats.
As a side note, we rode Splash in its first years, and they changed it sometime later on. You would get absolutely drenched on that ride. They had warning signs all over, and shirts for sale that had the words “ I got soaked on SPM” with pictures of the gang soaking wet.
I remember getting of Splash that first year and having my shoes filled with water, and being so wet we had to buy new clothing and store out wet stuff in a locker.

true story.

Glad I read this thread! Going to the dollar store and get some cheap ponchos and when done on the ride give them to someone waiting in line.

Glad I read this thread! Going to the dollar store and get some cheap ponchos and when done on the ride give them to someone waiting in line.

I absolutely hate having to carry anything around in the parks, be it changes of clothes, ponchos, whatever. My plan for our next trip is to pick up some of those quick-drying clothes they sell for joggers and whatnot and wear those on the Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids days, hoping that the wet doesn't stay too long.

The problem is THE HAIR. When you have fine hair that takes layers of products and a hairdryer and effort to style, it’s devastating to get it soaked, as it will look like crap the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter