Do my plans look ok?

mamateacher

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We are a family of 4 (with two boys 14 and 16). Do these FPs look ok? My FP+ window opens very soon! (FYI: We are not roller coaster people and we are not visiting Hollywood Studios this visit).

Day 1/arrival/MK
FP+ Peter Pan, 7D, Thunder Mountain - all afternoon FPs
Dinner O'Hana at 7:00

Day 2/AK
FP+ FOP (for whatever time I can grab), Kali River, Safari (not sure of the order)
5:00 Yak and Yeti

Day 3/EP
FP+ TT, Spaceship Earth, Nemo
6:00 Coral Reef

Day 4/MK
FP+ Splash, Pirates, Haunted Mansion
8:00AM Crystal Palace

Day 5/This is where I need help!
6:00 Rose & Crown

Not sure if we should:
  • Rope Drop AK for another ride on FOP or ride Na'Vi River and get FPs for Epcot for later in the day
  • Get one FP for FOP, ride Na'vi River and get more FPs for Epcot for later in the day
  • Do something entirely different
Day 6/MK
FP+ Thunder Mtn, 7D, Pirates for two and Space Mtn for the other two

Last edited:
If it were me, I would try to get a FP for FoP on day 5 as you may not be able to get one the first time you go. I tried to get one this morning for 60+4 and the earliest one they had was 3:00. The other one you may not get is SDMT on your first day. Otherwise I think your plans look good.

I am guessing you have hoppers, since you mentioned the possibility of rope dropping animal Kingdom and then heading to Epcot.
On day 5, I would rope drop AK to get another ride on FOP, then do Navi and then head to Hollywood Studios.

I know you said you were not roller coaster people, but if you think the kids would like the mine train and thunder mountain, I would think they would like slinky dog Dash as well. And Toy Story Mania is a lot of fun too. Do you think they would not like Tower of terror either? I would think two teenage boys would find enough fun things (those rides plus shows, star tours, etc) to do to have a great half day at Hollywood studios, even if they don’t like roller coasters and wanted to skip rock n roller coaster.

You both have been so helpful....thank you!

Yes, we do have hoppers. We do love Toy Story Mania, but there's not much in the park for us. None of us would go on ToT, but my oldest might.

Have you done Soarin? If you do a 2nd day at Epcot on day 5, I would definitely try to give that a go.

IMHO Ohana is not nearly as good as it used to be. I'd go elsewhere.

I don't know what you mean by "Rose Garden".

Just wondering about your Crystal Palace reservation - do your teens want to have a meal with Winnie the Pooh and friends?

Just wondering about your Crystal Palace reservation - do your teens want to have a meal with Winnie the Pooh and friends?

Ha ha! Good quesion, but yes....we love the breakfast here, so it's more about the food than Winnie! They both agreed they love it here, too!

Does anyone grab a FP for a Tier 2 ride at Epcot and let it expire for the sake of getting a Tier 1 sooner? I am trying to figure out if we should get a FP for Nemo and not actually ride it---let it expire so we can try for a FP for Soarin' or FEA. Just didn't know if this was possible or "a thing" people do.

Yes, people do that. Some people suggest tapping in with those fastpasses rather than letting it expire, because apparently every so often, there are issues with an expired fast pass not disappearing from MDE.

And yes, either get a FOP fast pass and then try for Soarin once you’ve tapped in, or else rope drop FOP and do your fast passes at Epcot.

I agree with the FP FoP and then reach to see what you can get at Epcot.

Also don’t know if it’s emh for MK but I would RD a couple of rides and then do breakfast around 10, that’s what works for us at least. Usually get in btmr and splash with no Fp.

Do not give anything up or make plans around Navi River. Please believe me when I say it is a waste of time if you no FP+ it, and it is a waste of a FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter