Do Magic Bands look dirty

I've heard that they can be preserved with nail polish. Is that correct? I have yet to get my first Magic Band, so I'm clueless.

So far mine still look great but they are all less than a year old.

Question about the limited edition bands...do they play sounds for the life of the band or only during the special event times?

I bought one of the cloth covers for mine, and wash the cover after every trip. I found the plastic band to be uncomfortable in the heat without the cover on it. If it's really hot while I'm there, I've been known to hand wash the cover and hang it to dry overnight. It looks like there may be a cloth cover on a band in the multi band photo - the one on the bottom row with the Mickey pattern on it?

Question about the limited edition bands...do they play sounds for the life of the band or only during the special event times?

I have a special edition one that's nearly two years old, and Olaf still turns the Mickey head multicolored and says "My own personal snow flurry!"

I have a MNSSHP band that says "Happy Halloween!" and turns the tapstile multicolored, but only at MK. It's just a normal band at other parks.

The SWW bands still work at HS I believe.

I have gotten all my special ones at the parks. I still have a few more in my park bag ... and yes it is very hard to not buy!

This is a great site that covers everything with pictures.
http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/

9660B9E7-E707-42FF-BED4-D437E42B0BEE.jpg

What a great collection! I've had my gray halloween one for a couple years now, but have yet to use it. Do you know if it does anything special at the park entrance?

So far mine still look great but they are all less than a year old.

Do the sounds only happen when entering the park?

I bought one of the cloth covers for mine, and wash the cover after every trip. I found the plastic band to be uncomfortable in the heat without the cover on it. If it's really hot while I'm there, I've been known to hand wash the cover and hang it to dry overnight. It looks like there may be a cloth cover on a band in the multi band photo - the one on the bottom row with the Mickey pattern on it?

I noticed that cloth cover, too. To me it looks more like stretchy 'book cover' material, though.

I have a MNSSHP band that says "Happy Halloween!" and turns the tapstile multicolored, but only at MK. It's just a normal band at other parks.

The SWW bands still work at HS I believe.

SWW?

Mine are not dirty, but do look like HopperFan's, even the one I got in January of this year. Both of my older ones are from January trips, so no time spent in pools. I also don't recall wearing any sunscreen. I think it's just the way the material reacts over time, especially when you sweat while wearing them. I wash them, but as soon as they are dry they get that kind of hazy look again.

I noticed that cloth cover, too. To me it looks more like stretchy 'book cover' material, though.

It's more like swimsuit material - at least mine is. So it dries quickly. I haven't seen the covers for sale recently though. I would guess that a lot of people were having trouble with doing the Mickey to Mickey when they couldn't see Mickey on the band.

I only wore my purple one for 5 days and it looks dull, not like Hopperfan's but it doesn't look like it did when it came out of the box. I did wear it in the pool and the hot tub every day so I'm think that is what did it.

Not your question, but my sister had a yellow band (her school colors), and she was very pleased that she saw only a few other people with that color. I didn't look at it closely, but they are pretty cleanable so I don't think it would get too dingy.

I've heard that they can be preserved with nail polish. Is that correct? I have yet to get my first Magic Band, so I'm clueless.

I decorated mine with Disney temporary tattoos from Party City and sprayed acrylic sealer over it (can be found in craft stores). I think this probably keeps it in better condition over time.

You can buy them via the Shop Disney Parks app, DisneyStore.com or at the Disney stores. Be careful though - collecting them can become an addiction!

There are a few places (Downtown Disney and one in DHS) that you can customize them too. I have one that has a star wars image on it and my name written in tatooine.

We got our passes in 2014 and my bands from then still look pretty good... and they have been used a lot. There are a few spots that would surely come off if I felt inclined to do so. ;)

Never wear in pool or shower, always stayed very clean.
I've been getting them since the test run and found that over time they oxidize. I've tried to wash them but they still dry the same.
My new pink one is on top, the older pink one on bottom obviously lost it's sheen. You can see the yellow and blue changing too.

E37CD79C-48C6-4E88-AF58-13B228D387EA.jpg

My Magic Bands have that white powdery film on them too. Anyone figured out a good way to clean them up and get them looking like new again?

My Magic bands from March have that white powdery oxidized look too. I took them out last night to get them ready for our trip Nov 4th and didn't like the look or feel of them. It has happened to my other older bands too. Fortunately I went on to my Disney experience and was able to order new bands just in time!

My Magic bands from March have that white powdery oxidized look too. I took them out last night to get them ready for our trip Nov 4th and didn't like the look or feel of them. It has happened to my other older bands too. Fortunately I went on to my Disney experience and was able to order new bands just in time!

So, this sounds like a common problem with all Disney Magic Bands? Honestly, quite disappointed that they don't have longer staying power for how expensive they are.

If anyone figures out a way to clean the white "oxidized" powdery film off of our magic bands, please share!

In the meantime, with all future bands, I'm going to wrap them tightly in saran wrap to keep them from "oxidizing" and hopefully, look newer longer!

Have fun out there! I'm going back home during Thanksgiving!

I wear my bands with decorative changeable band decals by www.myfantasybands.com. I've never noticed them showing grime or wear.

The decals are inexpensive enough to take a few for each band :)

My yellow band is currently sporting LILO & Stitch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter