Do I need PhotoPass + if I am an AP holder??

DizneyDogs

DIS Veteran
I bought a premier AP back in April. So now that PhotoPass is included with new AP tickets does that mean I now have it too? (grandfathered in??) What exactly do AP holders get with photopass? Does that mean I get to download all my photo's for free? or do I need to buy PhotoPass Plus?

Yes, you should have PP already. Other Premier APs have reported being able to download photos, even photos preceding the PP benefit start date, right away. CMs will scan your AP photopass number when they take your picture, then you will use it to download the photos from your online account. The downloads will be free. If you want the borders and ride shots, then you will have to purchase PP+ or purchase the ride shots separately. We used our APs for PP at MHP, then downloaded all the pics for free.

Premier as in DLR & WDW? You have PP+ built in.

Premium as in 365 days at DLR only? No you do not.

(I'm only clarifying bc they sound similar & I see the names being used interchangeably on here all the time.) :)

I am a former Premier AP holder (my AP expired just after my trip, which was nice because I got to try out the AP PP offerings). As others have said, if you have the Premier AP (the AP that is good at both DLR and WDW) you are "grandfathered" into the new PP+ benefits. You'll need to register your Premier AP with the Disneyland.com website and then under the Annual Passholder menu, you'll see Photopass link. Click that link and that's where you're PP photos will appear.

For the regular photopass photos - the ones taken by the photopass photographers, including the Magic Shots - I recommend getting a regular Photopass card. The photographers usually have these and can give it you. On the AP photopass page, you can enter the card's number and your photos will appear. You can enter more than one card. For the attraction photos, you will need to write down the number of the photo (including the letter at the start) and then enter that on the AP Photopass page. After you've finished entering the card and photo numbers, you can then download the photos. When I was last able to check, there were no options to edit the photos (i.e., crop, add borders or stickers, etc.).

I got the Premier and can now get the PP from DL's photopass website. I had the photographer scan my premier card and had to enter my AP # in DL's photopass website for the pics to show up (magic shots included). I also entered the # from the attraction photos (from Aug) and that showed up too. I can't edit photos like add borders or stickers but can download all of them until my premier pass expires next year.

I haven't tested it at WDW but will know soon enough. I don't know if I just have the photographer scan my premier pass or my magic band or get a new card from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter