• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I need an ADR during Food & Wine?

redredreeves

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at F&WF on September 19. We are having an early morning breakfast at Captain's Grille and then heading over for rope drop. We plan on touring the front in the morning and heading to F&WF for lunch.

Right now there are a ton of open ADR's for dinner. Should I book a dinner res? I'm questioning it for 2 reasons.
A.) I'm worried the ADR will pull us away from all the yummy snacks at the festival.
B.) But I'm also worried the snacks won't be enough and we will be wanting a good sit-down.

Thoughts? What did you do?

There is so much to choose from during Food and Wine. If I were you I would skip the reservation and just enjoy the offerings at the kiosks. Trust me you will find plenty of delicious options to keep your tummy full. However, if you feel that it's not enough you can likely find a reservation for dinner. There may not be many choices, but I've had luck with making a last minute dinner reservation in Epcot during Food and Wine.

We have discussed this at length in our house as we are going the last week of F&W and or Adr day is quickly approaching. We have viewed menus and pics on line from last year and with so many options we are skipping dinner adrs on Epcot days.

Agree with the PP's that if you are at Epcot for just F&W there is no reason to also book a ADR. You'll find plenty to eat at the booths.

DH, DS (22 months at the time) and I went last year during F&W, and we didn't make a single ADR for dinner, and never regretted it. We ate dinner at Epcot every night, and concentrated on a few kiosks at a time, and never felt like we needed to have a full sit down dinner - we even found plenty that our near-tw0-year-old loved (he has expensive tastes, lol!)

For my family, we generally want one sit down meal per day just to relax and unwind (plus enjoy the air conditioning). We generally do a F&W lunch and then a sit down dinner. I think there are plenty of food options that you don't need to do a TS meal; it's more a matter of whether you want to or not.

If you do want to a TS meal, I would make an ADR if you have specific place you want to eat at. If you're flexible and willing to eat at an off time, I think you'll be able to find at least one of the WS locations that is taking walk-ups. My guess is that Le Cellier, Garden Grill, Akershus, and Rose & Crown (late) are the least likely take walk-ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter