Do I dare try to park at Disney Springs

markandjen

Posts are often made without the guidance of Jen
I know a lot has changed about Disney Springs. Two years ago we didn't even venture to DS during our trip do to the construction. Last year we were able to take Disney Transportation so it wasn't bad but I remember seeing that the Garage was full on a Saturday night in November. This year we are arriving on Friday evening so we are going to stay off site that night. Is the parking situation better at Disney Springs with the second lot opened or should we hold off till we can use Disney Transportation.

Last edited:
Agreed, super easy! We went over on a Saturday evening because we were leaving in the morning and needed that one last souvenir. I was nervous heading over, knowing it was such a peak time -typically I do the 10am on a weekday to avoid the crowd thing, but no worries at all. No overabundance of traffic and no problem getting a spot.

As others say, parking in the garages is a breeze. Wonderfully thought out and easy to follow. At the entrance there is a board showing number of spaces open on each floor. Turn onto a floor and there is a sign at each row showing the number of spaces open on each row. Turn into a row and drive to one of the green lights and park. Dead easy.

Both parking garages are open and super nice and majority of the construction is all done so traffic isn't all backed up.

Downtown Disney is leaps and bounds better

Parking at DTD two years ago was terrible! I agree.

on our June 2016 trip, we drove to DS from AoA twice, and parking was easy.
No worries!

As others have said, parking is about as simple as it gets. The parking garages are genius and I hope we start seeing more everywhere.

We just had to fly out of Charlotte last week and I was SO AGGRAVATED driving through their garage that they don't have the set up like Disney Springs has LOL. Took us forever to find a level with a spot (wound up on the dreaded roof, even though the other levels claimed to have open spots...theyt didn't)

We just had to fly out of Charlotte last week and I was SO AGGRAVATED driving through their garage that they don't have the set up like Disney Springs has LOL.

I think all airport parking garages suck! It would be wonderful if they used the technology like Disney Springs - that garage is awesome!

We went on the day Disney closed for Hurricane Matthew - it was wall to wall packed with people, but parking was the easiest aspect of that little excursion.

We've experienced both before and after, in terms of construction. The difference between last December and the end of August were impressive. I was expecting a horror show in Sugust,based on last December and it was just the opposite.
I recommend you chose the Lime garage as opposed to the Orange,as it's more centrally located. As you approach it,there are two lanes. I'm pretty sure you should do the left lane and head towards the second level. We found out that is the most popular level because it's the one everyone had to gravitate to to get out of there. You have stairs or elevators that take you to the one escalator that drops you in front of the fountain,a great landmark for finding your way back. Getting in and out is just easier from the second level. Took us a few visits to figure that out. It's also why that level runs out of spaces before the other levels. There are lights on the ceiling at the end of each row, telling you how many spaces are available in that row,although we found the accuracy to be somewhat inconsistent. Over the course of a week,we found it to be easier and quicker to drive there than take transportation( we stayed at the WL). It took FOREVER for a bus to show up to take us back to the resort. It was that way with all the resorts. You will wait at least 25-35 minutes for a bus back,sometimes longer. At least,that's how it was for us. Driving back and forth and using the garage was so much easier !

I wish all garages were like the DS ones. We went to DS in July on a Fri night at 5 p.m. while staying at Universal. We've never had to actually drive to DS as we've always stayed on property so we were a bit nervous. It was so easy and loved the red/green lights. Getting out wasn't bad either (although it was pouring rain and apparently some people lose all senses when driving in the rain).

I wish all garages were like the DS ones. We went to DS in July on a Fri night at 5 p.m. while staying at Universal. We've never had to actually drive to DS as we've always stayed on property so we were a bit nervous. It was so easy and loved the red/green lights. Getting out wasn't bad either (although it was pouring rain and apparently some people lose all senses when driving in the rain).

I drive to a parking garage 5-10 minutes from my house every day to catch a train to NYC. It would be great if that garage was designed like the new ones at DS, especially when finding a spot quickly and getting to the train platform is the difference between making or missing a train!

Even if the road signs say full we've managed to drive around lime garage once or twice on a Sat night and found spaces... so much nicer

We parked in the Lime garage, Orange garage and the surface lot by Cirque and it was super easy every time.

You may need to drive up a few levels in the garage, the second floor is where the bridge over to the entrance is and fills up first.

Also just bear in mind where you are going, if you want Cirque then choose the surface lots, if you want Westside (AMC or Splitsville) park in the west end of the orange garage, if you want town center then go for the east end of the orange garage or the lime garage and if you want marketplace then go for lime garage.

How about for big trucks. We have a dodge 2500 crew cab with regular bed. We had to park surface at myrtle beach because it couldn't fit above a certain level at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter