Do current AP pass holders get MM this year?

scrapquitler

DIS Veteran
We currently have APs which expire in April. I am wondering if the new MM benefit for pass holders is being applied to current pass holders.

A friend of ours told us that he was told by a CM that it is, but he also told us that the same CM told him that EMH are going away, so I really don't know if what he is saying is reliable or not, and we all know that CM info can be unreliable.

I'm thinking there may be a grain of truth to the MM part because I have pictures in my account that were supposed to expire a few days ago, and they are still there.

Does anyone actually know?? I'd love to get a definitive answer before our trip this weekend. Thanks.

We currently have APs which expire in April. I am wondering if the new MM benefit for pass holders is being applied to current pass holders.

A friend of ours told us that he was told by a CM that it is, but he also told us that the same CM told him that EMH are going away, so I really don't know if what he is saying is reliable or not, and we all know that CM info can be unreliable.

I'm thinking there may be a grain of truth to the MM part because I have pictures in my account that were supposed to expire a few days ago, and they are still there.

Does anyone actually know?? I'd love to get a definitive answer before our trip this weekend. Thanks.

It is not.

Yea I wish they were. My sister has a new AP so to view any of our photos we have to get them from her account.

Someone mentioned here you can upgrade your AP? I am calling DVC this weekend to find out.

No you do not. I just renewed before the price increase but had to pay $75 to add the photo pass

You can convert your AP over to the new Platinum AP which has the MM benefit. I did this in October with the AP I activated in July for this reason. It was $101 and change which was cheaper than the MM and you could get all your pics for the year. This did not change the expiration date of my AP. There is no pro-rating. This was a regular non-FL resident AP.

You can pay the difference to upgrade your annual pass, which may or may not be worth it for the photopass benefit.

While this will not really help the OP, it might help someone reading the thread. I was upgraded without paying extra. Here is what the CM told me. My old AP expired on 9/20/15. I renewed by phone that week and it was listed in MDE as a renewal voucher (standard AP, not premium). I used my magic band to enter EPCOT this past weekend 10/24, which was my first visit with the renewed pass. I went to Guest Services inside the park to get my new card and asked the CM about upgrading. She told me that since my renewal was still listed as a voucher at the time of the change to the new pass structure, I was automatically upgraded to the new pass. I did not really believe her, as it was contrary to what I had read. I checked it when I got home, and the pass is now listed as a Platinum Pass and I was able to download the pictures from my trip. Whether this was policy or just the CM giving me some Pixie Dust, I don't know.

While this will not really help the OP, it might help someone reading the thread. I was upgraded without paying extra. Here is what the CM told me. My old AP expired on 9/20/15. I renewed by phone that week and it was listed in MDE as a renewal voucher (standard AP, not premium). I used my magic band to enter EPCOT this past weekend 10/24, which was my first visit with the renewed pass. I went to Guest Services inside the park to get my new card and asked the CM about upgrading. She told me that since my renewal was still listed as a voucher at the time of the change to the new pass structure, I was automatically upgraded to the new pass. I did not really believe her, as it was contrary to what I had read. I checked it when I got home, and the pass is now listed as a Platinum Pass and I was able to download the pictures from my trip. Whether this was policy or just the CM giving me some Pixie Dust, I don't know.
Everything I read indicates this is correct. We are going in a few weeks and I did the same thing. Renewed by phone, before the change in AP's. Mine is listed as renewal certificate on my MDE. I will post after my trip what kind of pass I end up with too.

Someone mentioned here you can upgrade your AP? I am calling DVC this weekend to find out.
Yes you can upgrade your DVC AP in person at guest services (assuming you are not currently up for renewal which you could then do by phone). I upgraded from the regular DVC AP (which I bought in May) to the new gold one to get the photo pass access for our Oct trip-it was around $21 with tax. I gave up access for the weeks around Christmas and Easter but don't plan to travel then so this was cheaper than buying memory maker. If you want to upgrade to the one that includes Christmas and Easter weeks it is $120 plus tax (still cheaper than memory maker if you planned to buy that). You only have to upgrade to the new pass for one member of your family-as long as you all are linked properly in MDE you can see and download their photos for free too.

Yes you can upgrade your DVC AP in person at guest services (assuming you are not currently up for renewal which you could then do by phone). I upgraded from the regular DVC AP (which I bought in May) to the new gold one to get the photo pass access for our Oct trip-it was around $21 with tax. I gave up access for the weeks around Christmas and Easter but don't plan to travel then so this was cheaper than buying memory maker. If you want to upgrade to the one that includes Christmas and Easter weeks it is $120 plus tax (still cheaper than memory maker if you planned to buy that). You only have to upgrade to the new pass for one member of your family-as long as you all are linked properly in MDE you can see and download their photos for free too.

I can't do this over the phone?

I can't do this over the phone?

I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago after having been told the already-activated AP had to be upgraded at Guest Services and that it couldn't be done over the phone. Since our first day was at Epcot and we were staying at BCV, I upgraded my AP at GS outside of International Gateway. I explained what I wanted and was done in about 5 minutes at a cost of about $20. Our previous trip's photos were then also available for free download along with the new ones from this most recent trip.

I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago after having been told the already-activated AP had to be upgraded at Guest Services and that it couldn't be done over the phone. Since our first day was at Epcot and we were staying at BCV, I upgraded my AP at GS outside of International Gateway. I explained what I wanted and was done in about 5 minutes at a cost of about $20. Our previous trip's photos were then also available for free download along with the new ones from this most recent trip.
Thank you for that info. This is what I plan to do in a few weeks, also at IG guest services and was wondering how much time to plan to spend upgrading. Hopefully mine will be 5 minutes as well.

Everything I read indicates this is correct. We are going in a few weeks and I did the same thing. Renewed by phone, before the change in AP's. Mine is listed as renewal certificate on my MDE. I will post after my trip what kind of pass I end up with too.

Please let us know, disfan!

Do your homework before you do. I was there the weekend it happened and tried to upgrade. They scanned my PAP and told me it would be $181.05 - even wrote on paper and handed to me. I had read of no converting costs at that point so nothing to compare. I expire Feb 2 so there was no way I was paying that. Hopefully by now the CMs have a better understanding of the overall situation and the inconsistencies/bad info is resolved. I would still go in with some idea of what it should cost for you.

We renewed right before the change too. My fault for being on top of things. LOL Had I waited I would have been covered. Before I shell out any extra money, if I upgrade, it will include photopass and ride photos correct???

Do your homework before you do. I was there the weekend it happened and tried to upgrade. They scanned my PAP and told me it would be $181.05 - even wrote on paper and handed to me. I had read of no converting costs at that point so nothing to compare. I expire Feb 2 so there was no way I was paying that. Hopefully by now the CMs have a better understanding of the overall situation and the inconsistencies/bad info is resolved. I would still go in with some idea of what it should cost for you.
I lack faith in the CMs' ability to know the right answer on tickets. As Hopper says -- best to know before you go. I am going to upgrade later this week from Premium AP (expires in Feb 2016) to a Platinum Plus. I can't for the life of me figure out what I expect to be charged. (I also think I lose Quest for its remaining weeks, which I can live with.)

Anyone know what the upgrade charge will be PAP to Platinum-Plus? TIA!!

I lack faith in the CMs' ability to know the right answer on tickets. As Hopper says -- best to know before you go. I am going to upgrade later this week from Premium AP (expires in Feb 2016) to a Platinum Plus. I can't for the life of me figure out what I expect to be charged. (I also think I lose Quest for its remaining weeks, which I can live with.)

Anyone know what the upgrade charge will be PAP to Platinum-Plus? TIA!!

Yes, ask around. I was going from a Premium AP to a Platinum Plus expiring in Feb. $181.05 is what they said plus "you should just buy the Memory Maker and wait a couple days, it will be cheaper." No way that could be right. I knew upgrading the first weekend was probably a mistake so I passed. I had two weeks booked before my expire, now looking at pulling back to just a few days each trip.

You do lose DQ - so we had actually gone to DQ before heading to GR for our final hurrah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter