Do "all inclusive" and "budget" even go together?

I've personally only stayed at 1 all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean which was Sandals in St. Lucia. Sandals is not exactly budget friendly depending on where you're staying at (meaning both the actual resort and room choice and the location in the Caribbean) but they do offer the most all-inclusive features in the Caribbean. The only thing we paid for extra was an excursion (and if you have a butler you are able to tip them otherwise tipping is not allowed-not sure about the tipping policy at Beaches and the Grand Pineapple though).

Sandals is for couples only aged 21 and up but Beaches (which is a subsidary of Sandals) is for the whole family.....just don't expect the prices to really be any less than actual Sandals.

Sandals does also offer it seems at least a less expensive family resort which is called Grand Pineapple which is in Negril Jamaica. It however doesn't have as much included (such as transportation to and from the airport which is an added cost).

I would also check Groupon BUT be very careful you do outside research on the resort........some resorts they showcase for deals on Groupon can be sketchy.

Also, not saying that you are actually worried about it, but you might brush up on your knowledge on any known issue with a particular destination meaning zika virus (as that is quite an issue right now in the Caribbean otherwise I wouldn't even mention it) or any other issues. I believe the CDC website has information on countries where they have concerns for things. I'm not trying to bring this up to create any sort of debbie downer situation so please don't take it that way.

Very good advice, both on Groupon and Zika.

We went to St Lucia and stayed at Coconut bay. My SIL actually got married there. We were shocked at how great of an experience it was. The reviews are very hit and miss, but it was about half the cost of other locations on the island and about a 5 minute drive from the airport so from the time you land you have a drink in your hand and can relax within an hour. All the food and drinks were all you can eat. They had free activities including a walk to a local town, a good selection of tours you could pay for, and there is a family side with a kid's club plus an adults only side so you get to pick what sort of atmosphere you have.
It's on the windy side of the island which some people didn't like but I thought it was a huge bonus because even though it was hot there was a great breeze and this was lat June/early July.

Thanks. I appreciate you mentioning the windy side of the island, I think that is a plus, too!

I have gone to Punta Cana for the past 6 Christmas seasons. Have not been sick one day.

In the summer you can get much better deals than we do.

We really like the Iberostar chain hotels and have gotten some great deals on Apple Vacations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter