• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR here we come! - a first time DLR trip from a WDW family

Dad_of_4_girls

Earning My Ears
Look out SoCal - all 5 of my girls ae on their way

I will try and do some of this live as we go. Its 5:15am Chicago time - 22 degrees. Gotta go get the girls up and make our way to O'Scare (O'Hare) for our 9:45 United flight

The cast - me - wife Melissa - and the 4 girls - Katie 10, the twins Meghan and Morgan 8, and Gabby 2.

Is our first time to California for all of us.

Ok gotta go get the girls outta bed :banana::banana:

Just a quick update so far...

Plane took off 45 mins late - made our connection in San Fransico no problem, then off to Burbank.

Got to Burbank - grabbed the shuttle to Budget to pick up our rental and got upgraded for free to a brand new white Suburban.

Checked into the Holiday Inn Beverly Garland in Universal City, caught the shuttle over to Universal City Walk for dinner and some shopping

Had dinner at Bubba Gump's, got some cheese popcorn and then back to the room.

(pictures when I get home)

Went over to Ralphs foods for some supplies.

Breakfast at the motel

Universal Studios. Cold out - mid 50's

Saw some characters, rode the Studio Tour, The Simpsons, lunch at Jurrasic Cafe, rode the Jurrasic Park ride, the Mummy, did the special effects, another ride on The Simpsons, shopping, Haunted Horrors, shopping at City Walk.

Shuttle back to hotel, then off to dinner. Georgeo's in Universal City on Ventura Blvd. Great little place. Pinkberry for desert.

again - pics and details when I get home. This quick update is so I can remember :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter