DLP denied boy Princess of a day

I am a Disneyland Paris regular so quite familiar with princess for a day. A lot of what is offered simply cannot be done on a boy- the big part of the experience is having your hair styled to look like a given princess, which obviously boys with short hair cannot do. Perhaps the CM misunderstood (it happens- there’s a language barrier)- I agree boys should have access but they would miss out on a huge part of the experience. Boys are still completely welcome to dress up as princesses at DLP- it happens a lot. I don’t think what was said was ill-intentioned.

Plenty of girls with short hair. Hell they could call the short hair option the Rapunzel.
Also it is just an assumption that the boy had short hair. At 3 my middle DD make best friend has hair as long as hers, you couldn’t tell who was who from behind.

I am a Disneyland Paris regular so quite familiar with princess for a day. A lot of what is offered simply cannot be done on a boy- the big part of the experience is having your hair styled to look like a given princess, which obviously boys with short hair cannot do. Perhaps the CM misunderstood (it happens- there’s a language barrier)- I agree boys should have access but they would miss out on a huge part of the experience. Boys are still completely welcome to dress up as princesses at DLP- it happens a lot. I don’t think what was said was ill-intentioned.

Funny---we are DLP annual pass holders and have seen plenty of kids who appear to be boys in princess dresses, appreicate that France has so many public restrooms which are not segregated by gender, etc. And, as many others have pointed out, plenty of girls have short hair and plenty of boys have long hair--even in france.

That said, I agree with you that it is likely even this one CM was not meaning to be sexist. My guess is that, adding interpretation issues into the mix, the CM thought the blogger was asking for "boy themed" experiences in Princess For a Day (I think you could get Kristoff make overs at one point back in Fronteirland) and was explaining that no experience to be dressed/made up as a male character exists---rather than intending to say that a boy could not participate if he wanted to dress up like a princess, though it is hard to tell and of coruse it could have just been a sexist employee who was not clear on policy too.

And instead of clarifying, or moving up the chain, the blogger jumped at the chance to make a fuss and drive traffic to her blog.

I find it funny this is just now on the DIS (or was there another thread when it happened?). It was all over on my facebook feed when the blog first posted.

Last edited:
The CM probably used the dictionary already in his/her head.

AS IN:
Did you have to flip open a dictionary that you carry with you at all times to word police another poster? Or did you use the one in your head? :rolleyes:

Asking to clarify - was there a word missing or was it an inadvertent apostrophe when it was meant to be plural? I'm not the word police - and it's rude for you to say so. If I make a typo which changes the meaning of what I intended to post, I hope someone asks me what I meant. Why are people so touchy about being asked a question about a typing error? I make tons of typing errors. I make so many I had to go back and correct most of the words I typed here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter